PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Perspective on yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelizePats

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I watched the whole game and was pretty disgusted with the overall effort, minus the kicker and Hobbs. What alarmed me was the lack of effort that I witnessed.
This game rests squarely at the feet of the Defence. Cassel did what he could and while he did not play very well, he did not lose this game for us. His O line was average at best. His offensive coordinator had a worse game than he did!
It appeared to me that the defence did not come to play yesterday. They just didn't show up and neither did their coordinator. Did the D coordinator make any half time adjustments at all!
Some of the holes the Dolphins O line opened up were enormous. The front 7 should be wearing the stink of his one.
I'm awfully gald that we have our by week coming.
I just don't think that BB will bring in a vet. He may but it wuld surprise me. If it happens, it will go down in the next 48 hours.
I think that we can expect another game or two like this during the season. I say this becasue it does not look like we can come back when down by a couple of scores. We have no deep presence in terms of Cassel throwing down field (at least not too date other than the one pass from the end zone in game 1 against the Chiefs) so safties will start to crowd the line of scrimage. Running room will be tough.
Much of the Pats fan current fan base has been so spolied and over the last 7 years that they have developed a sense of entitlement in terms of the Patriots winning games.
This is a highly competative league. These games happen!

I can only hope that the coaching staff makes better adjustmenst over the next two weeks then they did throughout yesterdays game.
The boys laid an egg anbd this was going to happen sooner or later, given that we'd won 21 in a row (for the second time in the last 4 years I might add)
This is still a good team and it will be fun to watch as the season progresses. But, if you are looking for perfection and 52-7 scores this year, you will be sorely disappointed.

Yes obviously the defense lost the game, they got embarrassed & SHOULD be embarrassed.

Would you still be saying Cassel didnt lose the game if the D played well & held Miami to 14 points?

We still would of lost. 13 points is not going to get it done, 13 points against a D that was LIT UP last week against Arizona.

I dont know why people think its A-OK for Cassel to come in & lead our offense 17,19 & 13 points. ( against very very bad D's ) Our offense set the damn record for points scored last year! I would obviously expect a drop off from losing TB but to not even break 20 points in the 1st 3 games is pathetic. Atlanta torched KC for 38 points this week with a rookie QB at the helm.

I dont get how we can tell from our recliner what level of effort a player is giving or whether they 'came to play'.

There are other reasons besides not caring or not trying that people have ineffective days.
I understand the anger at us losing once in 22 regular season games, I'm still in awe that you guys were able to get out of bed, but please stop rationalizing and trying to make yourself feel better by throwing out indignation at how they didn't care or try, and imply it is more important to you than to the players. Its insulting.

I dont get how we can tell from our recliner what level of effort a player is giving or whether they 'came to play'.

There are other reasons besides not caring or not trying that people have ineffective days.
I understand the anger at us losing once in 22 regular season games, I'm still in awe that you guys were able to get out of bed, but please stop rationalizing and trying to make yourself feel better by throwing out indignation at how they didn't care or try, and imply it is more important to you than to the players. Its insulting.

I don't imply that the players don't care or are not trying but there

has to be a heck of a letdown when the star quarterback is injured

seven minutes into the first game. Every time an offensive drive stalls,

the players realize that their chance of winning has decreased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back