PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some key LSU-Alabama Playmakers to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to see Lester, Barron and to a lesser extent Randle. That's not going to happen with Jordan Jefferson at QB.

I just noticed Hightower playing some LOLB on some snaps. BB loves that kind of position versatility.

I wanted to see Lester, Barron and to a lesser extent Randle. That's not going to happen with Jordan Jefferson at QB.

In a way NOT seeing them is a good thing. It means they're doing their jobs.

I just noticed Hightower playing some LOLB on some snaps. BB loves that kind of position versatility.

He does that a lot on passing downs. He's not a slouch there either. I posted earlier in this thread that in a game against Tenn. earlier this year he had 3 QB hurries and an interception. He's far from an in the box thumper.

So how about this for a draft strategy? Draft two from 'Bama this year, trade the rest of our picks into next year and draft LSU guys then. Patriot defense would stop sucking real soon.

God, I'd be happy with just Menzie but we've got to get some of these brilliantly coached defensive players on our defense.

I know this sounds weird, but I'd rather have Hightower at OLB and Upshaw at ILB for the Pats.

I know this sounds weird, but I'd rather have Hightower at OLB and Upshaw at ILB for the Pats.

Would be a nice problem to have!!

Hightower looks really good rushing the passer - has some real burst.

Upshaw got a sack that most of us on this message board could make.

I'm really unimpressed with Mathieu, not that he's eligible to be drafted anyway. I feel like he got overhyped because of a couple returns in key moments. I wish the announcers would shut up about him, Claiborne is the stud of that secondary.

Lester seems to be playing better than Barron. Not that Jefferson has the ability to challenge any of the Alabama secondary.

Alabama LBs are sick good. Hightower got better and better as the year went on. Upshaw kinda stayed the same more or less. LSU DTs look good as usual. It will be interesting to see where some of these other players around the big names on both sides of the front 7 go in the draft.

Jordan Jefferson appears to have attitude problems. Things aren't going well and he looks like he is pouting.

edit: The very next play after I made that comment about Jordan Jefferson he threw a super duper sloppy shuffle pass interception.

Last edited:
Put Kevin Norwood on the watch list for 2013/2014. Kid's a player.

...and dear lord does Hightower look awesome. First time watching him. I don't care about the height. Cat can ball.

I can't believe you've never watched Hightower before. He's awesome. And 6'4 #260 to boot. Plays ILB, OLB, and DE, depending on formation. Lines up the other players. Gym rat, film room guy, etc. He could play every LB position for us in the 34 and at least two of the three positions in the 43. I don't know if I'd want him at WLB, but otherwise he's starter caliber at any position.

I love Dre Kirkpatrick. What a tackler!

That's how I see it too, interesting that Saban doesn't.

Can we have the entire Bama' D?

Cagey move by Hightower on the right tackle. Player clearly expected Hightower to try to beat him off of the snap. Nice setup and burst to get across his body and a well finished rip to get into the backfield. You normally see right tackles beat rip moves but Hightower executed that so beautifully.

Goddamn is he good.

Hightower was clearly the defensive MVP of this game. Upshaw played good but his lone sack was a gimme.

In regards to Upshaw at ILB, I don't think he has the side to side speed to do it. On another note, anyone see his post game interview? That kid has a huge head.

Hightower was clearly the defensive MVP of this game. Upshaw played good but his lone sack was a gimme.

In regards to Upshaw at ILB, I don't think he has the side to side speed to do it. On another note, anyone see his post game interview? That kid has a huge head.

That's also one of the knocks on Hightower. He sure proved that wrong tonight.

Question to all. Would a game like this change a players stock amongst NFL teams or have the scouts already factored in the talent, treat one game as a small sample size and await the combine/pro days?

That's also one of the knocks on Hightower. He sure proved that wrong tonight.

Question to all. Would a game like this change a players stock amongst NFL teams or have the scouts already factored in the talent, treat one game as a small sample size and await the combine/pro days?

Performance in big games will always bear significant weight. Look no further than Vince Young.

Claiborne seems like the real deal. the Patriots should seriously consider trading up.

From the late 20's/early 30's to 5 or above for a corner?

It'd almost be worth it just to see the Boston media explosion.

...I'm really unimpressed with Mathieu, not that he's eligible to be drafted anyway. I feel like he got overhyped because of a couple returns in key moments. I wish the announcers would shut up about him, Claiborne is the stud of that secondary.....

Claiborne is the much better d-back right now, which is why Mathieu usually plays in nickel type situations.

Mathieu wasn't hyped simply b/c of returns, though -- he also has had an uncanny knack for causing turnovers.

He did nothing tonight, but like most of the game for LSU tonight, that was an anomaly.

Last edited:

Bigger than Peyton's head? Because I don't think that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes