PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So who gets the reps in pre season games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but if you don't care about preseason games you're basically human garbage.
i care a ton about it, but also get **** from others for it. someone please give me a good response for when people say it's meaningless lol.

i just love pats football, want to see whatever they do, and will care about their performance at all times. however, the offense looked pretty bad with brady at most points last august. then a month later he had one of his best first months ever.

For all the less than favorable opinions of JG's camp, Jacob is getting even more hammered...would practically count on 0-4 if he was forced to start. This could very well kill our play off hopes.
I thought we were talking about preseason?

I assume this is from what Zolak said? Meh. I heard the same thing last training camp and then I saw him in the games and I just didn't see what people were talking about. Seems like people are holding him to a Brady type standard, which is asinine.

Actually, I wasn't basing that off of what Zolak said. I was basing it off of all of the reports about him in the last week. The people that are holding him to the Brady standard are the same ones predicting the team to go 4-0 with him as the starting quarterback and I've done neither.

Brady has to get plenty of work because he's gone for 4 weeks then, presumably, comes back on the Monday and plays a game on Sunday. I assume the split will continue largely as is, once the suspension actually happens then JG will get almost all the reps obviously. I know no-one is talking about putting Brady on ice but I don't think they can even reduce his reps too much as he'll be back after a month long layoff.

Similarly, let's say Brady and Washington look amazing in camp/preseason. But JimmyG can't get in sync with him. On the other hand, let's say Jimmy and Lucien are lights out but Brady doesn't trust Lucien.

If the last spot comes down those two, who do you pick? The guy who gives you the best chance to win the first 4 games and hope that Washington doesn't catch on anywhere else, or the guy who gives you the best chance in the final 15 games at the possible expense of wins in the first 4 games?

If they really think that Lucien could reasonably be the difference between a W and an L in the first four games, they have to go with him.

Anything worse than 2--2 and Brady is behind an eight ball that would be risky even for him. 1--3? If it's going to take 11--5 to win the Division, then Brady has to take the team 10--2 with three Division games on the Road, not to mention a few other opponents. 0--4? Make that 11--1.

I thought we were talking about preseason?

We are. I wrote that if JG was hurt playing preseason, then we would have to go with a third string rookie for first 4 games.
Note: I keep using initials because it's too hard to spell and type Garappolo.

Need a lot of JG..but still Brady as well...game 1 i think Brady maybe 1 series...then JG for a while?

Don't see how this is a question. JG plays a ton. I heard he's starting the first 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back