PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So when did I miss the fact that the Pats lost yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
I'm not even reading this board today, I'm embarassed to be part of it. Talk about spoiled fans.

I know what you mean. I'm just perplexed. In a swarm of threads about offensive woes, how many are noting that suddenly we look a little better than before when it comes to creating turnovers? Another bright point of yesterday's game..and last week as well. Yet it's ALWAYS the negative stuff around here. Well, mostly negative, anyway.

I imagine that the only games BB doesn't spend hours over analysing every little fault and weakness are the ones with Roman Numerals attached to them that are played in February.

I'll guarantee he ain't 'accentuating the positives' at this very moment:D

So its no surprise to me that the fans of the team are following in his footsteps.

Nothing negative to say - Patriots won and they controlled the 2nd half and played winning situational football. It was a AFC EAST rivalry game and all of the games are very competitive. We are two games clear and have a nice bye week coming up.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Gotta love historian Troy Brown with his Don Hutson reference. I hope after he's finally caught that last pass the Patriots find a coaching job for him.

:agree:

If Troy wants to stay with football, I'd be all for it (if they can do it).

Then again, I'm also hoping they can convince Mike Vrabel that he'd be better off with the Pats than going back to Ohio State. . . .

BTW, the D seems to be holding up pretty well:

Pats D = 1549 yards, 74 points = 20.9 yards/point allowed
Pats O = 1684 yards, 108 points = 15.5 yards/point scored

Last edited:
I was not surprised at all with Harrington's play. We called it here on the board all week. They had to win the game and their O-line played their best game of the season. Welker always kills us. He is like the Wayne Cherbet of Miami.

Late in the game the Pats D-line and linebackers stepped up bigtime. Whether they hit a switch or called some different defenses, they set the table for the offense on a day they were struggling. And bailed out ST's after the fumble.

Special teams with the exception of Faulks fumble had a great game too. Blocked FG. and kept Welker in check.

Good team win. Not flashy, but this team never has been that way, as mentioned in this thread.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
*edit* Oh yeah, and I was at a bar yesterday where a Pats fan was yelling at the tv, pounding his barstool into the floor. He was pissed off even though his team was up by 3. I think my girlfriend is afraid to go back there.

Weren't by any chance at the Vine in AZ? 'Cause apparently there is a guy in there behaving like that during all the Pats games...:rofl:

I think much of the negativity is the result of too many high expectations in the pre-season, when many were already declaring the team SB champs and the best team yet. Luckily the team was never so self deluded, and has always marched to the tune of improving on weaknesses and mistakes.

I for one am more than comfortable with a hard won victory, rather than a blow out domination, as it keeps everyone keenly aware that the difference between success and failure is often the luck in the way the ball falls or the refs call the match. I am glad that I am not cheering on da Bears or the Jags because such large wins encourage conceit, pride and over optimism. And when reality hits it is so much harder to get back on track when the aura of invicibility has been removed.

The Fins played pretty well yesterday - and that should not be taken away from them or seen as the Patriots failing. Joey H deserves to be the QB on that team and I think he was excited because he felt the chemistry flowing with his teammates. They were pumped and rising to the occasion, good for them because it gives the Patriots a much better test of their strength and endeavor. Yesterday the kudos goess to the defense and the 3 takeaways + 2 other big plays on Kick and Punt.

I like to see all parts of the team working. We have now seen each one contributing to a win (with the passing game coming along OK - not great, but getting there). Now I can just sit back and wait for those games where multiple parts are on song. I can wait for that to happen in the playoffs as long as they keep winning games like yesterdays.

Its still uphill, but enjoy the scenery

The "point of the thread" is that perhaps when one looks at a game in week 5 and want to fire the OC, or get rid of the WRs then I don't think this is the same "we need to improve" attitude that BB and the players take. In fact I think it's the opposite. You hear the players, Bruschi and Harrison said it today, say any W in the NFL is a good one. Also the historical references to the 17-6, 19-13, and 9-0 games in '03 are there to point out that even in a 14-2 year they don't win every game with 4 TDs. Those 3 teams in Weeks 6,7,8 were the Giants who were 4-12, the Dolphins who were 10-6, and the Browns who were 5-11. Not exactly the meat of the schedule. Should they have fired the OC? Gotten rid of the WR's and RB's? By this time in 03 they had lost 2 games. As I already stated in my original post analyzing the game is one thing but shouldn't we have a broader perspective by now. It's not how each game looks. After Cincy everyone thought that the WR situation was looking brighter, they played a tougher defense who gives them trouble, something both the coach and QB admit yearly. The secondary got 2 INTs yesterday and they gave up 10 points but I've heard that they stunk. Now it's just not this board but the radio also that I'm referencing. I also think this nothing is good enough attitude is what alot of fans are bringing to the stadium these days. Unless every play is a sack or INT on defense and a 70 yard bomb, as Troy says, then they don't get excited. They don't cheer and I've actually had people say to me in the stadium, "I'll cheer when they do something to cheer about". My philosophy is stay home and watch it on TV then. Contribute to the victory in what way you can by yelling or at least clapping. That's a whole other thread though:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft