PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So far after 6 games, by halftime you already know the outcome of Patriots games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After watching the wins and losses this season I think this team is getting predictable of what type of game they are going to have if you just base it on the first quarter or 1 1/2 quarters of play - If its good after a quarter of play or a quarter and a half then they win,If it looks bad early it ends bad.

It seems in the 2 losses so far, the team has been stuffed at the LOS with the run and the defensive line has been pushed around and secondary torched early in the game and thats the way it ended in a loss

In the victories like tonights game, early on, the team's defensive line held firm,The secondary batted down balls and covered thier guys well and the running game was finding holes.

In other words based on 6 games into the season it seems as if the Patriots are in the game early they stay there and win but if they are getting beat down early then the game is pretty much over - little changes in the 2nd half of all 6 games so far

In all 4 wins IIRC this team has NEVER trailed in the game ,and while playing from behind early and trailing they stayed there and ended in both games being losses

Can this team change things with a little more experience together to where when they fall behind they can come back? - So far I guess we still don't know going into week 7 and since I think the team will lead throughout the Rams game it may not be next week either.

Last edited:
Yup.

In our two losses we got embarassed.

Every other game we've been soundly in control of with a balanced Defense and offense along with great field position.

In NFL games, the team leading after one quarter wins roughly 75% of the time. So I would say that it is probably true for the Patriots since it is definitely true for the NFL as a whole.

Note: I forget when/where I saw this, but unfortunately I don't have a source to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News