PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SLOW RB 40 times???

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been talked about, but I happened to look at some of the 40 times for RBs and they looked SLOW.. Most of them seemed to be in the 4.5 - 4.65 range. Normally, there is some backs in the 4.4 range. Was the track just slower this year? Did they go to actual digital start and stop timing instead of by hand? Are the RBs just that much slower? Is the site I normally use just not fully updated? ( I notice they don't have the 10 and 20 splits up yet)..

Not sure if this has been talked about, but I happened to look at some of the 40 times for RBs and they looked SLOW.. Most of them seemed to be in the 4.5 - 4.65 range. Normally, there is some backs in the 4.4 range. Was the track just slower this year? Did they go to actual digital start and stop timing instead of by hand? Are the RBs just that much slower? Is the site I normally use just not fully updated? ( I notice they don't have the 10 and 20 splits up yet)..

Yes they were slow. There was some suggestion that there were timing issues all weekend. Some people were hand timing from the television and reported that the times from the NFL were about a tenth out. The best advice would be to treat any combine times as a guide and see what happens at the pro day.

It should be noted that 40 times for running backs isn't that important to the Pats:

Brandon Bolden 4.55
Legarette Blount. 4.70
Steven Ridley. 4.66
Jonas Gray. 4.58 est
Shane Vereen. 4.49

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft