PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slater/ Important Role in the Offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Slater certainly has the speed to stretch the defense. His hands still remain questionable though. But considering that he's a ST ace as well as a tertiary WR, I think he will certainly play a role this season for the team and continue to contribute. It maybe possible that Slater converts into a Hester type player for us (minus the kick returns). The great thing about this offense now is that because the tight ends are such deadly weapons. The secondary can't concentrate on just shutting down the WRs, this makes everybody out there a potential contributor.

In game 2, I'd like to see more of Vereen and Ridley if possible and reemphasize the running game. We already know we can torch teams through the air.

Stop clownng around until you learn the play book, and until you learn not ot line up on the LOS outside of another receiver. That would piss off a high school coach.

I'm thinking that it's probably less the playbook than it is recognizing defenses/coverages and being on the same page as Tom Brady. That's what makes the Patriots offense so hard on receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back