PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Situation regarding Tom Casale on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Casale will never be as entertaining or as informative as AlisonLovesBrady, that little HS gossiping slut. I'd rather have her knowledge and wisdom frankly.

:singing: LMFAO

I admittedly haven't followed this saga , but was led to this site by the controversial process of 'outing' Tom Casale. While his behavior might be disturbing, perhaps an equal concern is the invasion of privacy by this site. Maybe we all need to use Anonymizer so that Patsfan.com insiders aren't tracing our IPs for whatever reason they might rationalize. Power corrupts. This reminds me of the FBI tracking dissidents in the 60s and 70s because they said things that the government didn't like. Sure, it's a stretch as an analogy, but what prompted PAtsfan.com to start tracking IPs on here - dissenting opinion? If so, then where does it stop within suspicious minds? If I dissent, will I find a worm in my email?

Well, at least your first 6 words were right.

We have no idea (via technology) who people are on here and that's a very good thing.

We only can see a number that's called an IP. If someone comes on here with 58.58.59.59 that's all we see. The only reason for Mods to see this is to guard against an individual using multiple screennames - - that's all. It's no more invasive than the "caller id" most people have on their phone service.

When 4 different posternames come on here with the VERY SAME number and attack the very same individuals on the team and in the media using the very same phrases, while all the while praising the work of one media individual who is not well known......well, it doesn't take an Einstein.

It was obvious, it was wrong to the people who were being denigrated. This was not the way I wanted this to stop. I had PM'ed Ian since last October repeatedly about this. If he had taken the action I requested in the first place, the poster would have been banned from this site and the denigrations would have ended quietly without all this.

Ian didn't take that action and the manipulation continued.

Tom has owned up and apologized. I believe he is sincere and have heard he is a talented journalist. I'm more than looking forward to burying the hatchet and reading his football insights here on this board. I understand some feel differently, and that's fine. Ian has the one and only decision regarding bans, we don't. If you have an opinion on it, I suggest you PM him about it.

Fired? Are you people kidding me?

This ain't Borges, Part II. That tard got canned for plagiarism, which is a serious breach of journalistic ethics, such as they may be today, anyway.

Sure, Casale acted like a jackass here, but his behavior on this board is entirely irrelevant to his employment. Completely. A direct apology to Mrs. B. might be in order, and maybe Ian says a posting suspension is warranted, but beyond that...come on.

Have some perspective, for Pete's sake.

Interesting saga. Th only question that I have is whether the common board member would be banned or at least suspended for opening multiple accounts and posting under multiple identities? If so, ban or suspend the scum bag.

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Reports

I hate that every crevasse in the internet is becoming some variant of a text message between two 12 year old school girls.

Since these squabbles are virtually always between 'boys', isn't it time we retired this ancient libel, at least on this board? Check the thread title for a bracing shot of irony.

(pssst) (It's only a messge board, it's not real life);)

This ain't Borges, Part II. That tard got canned for plagiarism, which is a serious breach of journalistic ethics, such as they may be today, anyway.

Sure, Casale acted like a jackass here, but his behavior on this board is entirely irrelevant to his employment. Completely. A direct apology to Mrs. B. might be in order, and maybe Ian says a posting suspension is warranted, but beyond that...come on.

EXACTLY.

Once he owned up to it, promised to stop the joke and apologized for it, I had no problem getting over it. My only goal was to have him stop going after the individuals.

He's recognized it was wrong and has profusely apologized.

Some of the villagers should put away the pitchforks. T-Shirt, Pats1 and I have been fighting this fight for almost a year now and we're all OK with Tom now.

Lets see a member of the media comes to a football fan site. Sets up multiple account names, trashes some of the members on the site. Self promotes himself, and I guess acts more or less like a complete jackass. Yep he should be fired.

You see, in the end, all journalists really have going for them is their integrity. Mr. Casale was not just acting like a jackass, he was using this board to promote himself, and furthermore doing this by deceiving us. Journalists have to be believable to the people they are reporting to. They have to earn our trust. Obviously Mr. Casale does not have integrity. If I was his employer he would no longer be working for me. For that matter, he should no longer be posting on this board.

Borges copied, verbatim, some lines from open source news reports, and used them in a column that had a disclaimer that information for that column came from the wire, or some such thing. Was he wrong, yup, should he have been fired, yup. Is what he did worse than what Mr. Casale did? I would say nope, I personally feel Borges was being lazy, while Mr. Casale was being deceitful. Which do you think is worse?

Firstandgoal, that may not be true for everyone who posts here...

If it's punishment we're after, Casale has been outed and humiliated. That's pretty good punishment.

If it's ceasing sin we're after, Casale has promised to do that. We have the entire future to judge for ourselves.

Seems to me Casale has done a lot of growing up, right in front of our eyes. We can't be certain, of course, but it looks that way. And let's face it, it would be great to be able to dialogue with a Pat's writer right here.

I'm with Smessy and Pats1 here.

If it's punishment we're after, Casale has been outed and humiliated. That's pretty good punishment.

If it's ceasing sin we're after, Casale has promised to do that. We have the entire future to judge for ourselves.

Seems to me Casale has done a lot of growing up, right in front of our eyes. We can't be certain, of course, but it looks that way. And let's face it, it would be great to be able to dialogue with a Pat's writer right here.

Yep but he isn't a child, he is a grown man. He also represents his employers in whatever he does. So he embarrassed not only himself, but also his employers. Life doesn't really give too many free passes, I would imagine right now Mr. Casale is hoping he gets one.

Let us see what Ian has to say on this....I'm with the mods as well..TC has owned up to what he did and...time to move on...

Amazing...hilarious...pathetic...AMAZILARIOTIC! :eek:
Great job mods and community members...I remember plenty of this guy's posts as "I'mWrongBorges?" and always felt there was some thinly veiled agenda at work...

I'm still trying to get over the fact that this is an adult...a professional...and a member of the media who engaged in all these juvenile hi-jinks...just, WOW. :help:

Thanks! (Again, apologies for confusing PatsRule with patriotsrule.)
So the users are "I'mRonBorges?", "AlisonLovesBrady", "Patsman12" and "Patriotsrule"?

Newbs like me, do search and get educated. It is really amusing, the guy replies to his own posts (e.g. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40467). I wouldn't think he's come clean till he (at the very least) lists all the aliases he has used on this forum, and states which alias he'd be using in the future.
Amazing...

Lets see a member of the media comes to a football fan site. Sets up multiple account names, trashes some of the members on the site. Self promotes himself, and I guess acts more or less like a complete jackass. Yep he should be fired.

...Mr. Casale was not just acting like a jackass, he was using this board to promote himself, and furthermore doing this by deceiving us.

Interesting that you mentioned all of that. Check this out. This is a Wikipedia entry for 'The Mike Felger Show.' Notice in particular the last line:

The Mike Felger Show is a local sports talk show that originates in the 890 ESPN studios in Charlestown, MA. The show is on from 3 P.M. to 6 P.M. Monday through Friday. There is a carousel of co-hosts in studio including John Tomase, Ryen Russilo, Wendy Nix, Andy Hart, Tom Casale, Joe Haggerty, "Jersey" Bob Halloran, and Bob Ryan. Casale is by far the most entertaining and knowledgeable of all the co-hosts and routinely puts Felger in his place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mike_Felger_Show

I believe Wikipedia entries can be edited and added to by nearly anyone. Regarding the last line there - ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? :rofl: Where does this guy's attempts to manipulate and over-compensate end?

Does Wikipedia have an IP tracking system, as well?! :D

Last edited:

Good post and I agree. My point though is that although people want to protect the integrity of this place, it's a message board where people are free to start thread like "If I were Tom Brady, I would..." and "I think BB is reads this board" so it does reflect some lack of reality at times. He made an immature mistake and got slammed for it. I don't know him but I'm going to assume he's a lot younger than I am if he's that insecure. I'm sure he's not the first to be deceitful and I place no more relevance in some journalist's opinion than I do my paperboy's. He could have just stopped posting but he came clean so time will tell if he's mended his ways. He's attacked some posters in an underhanded manner but it's in the open now and the motives are clear and he's apologetic for it.

I just don't care enough about him to worry about it. I come to the board to get information and sometimes it's quite good. Other times, I read the topic and don't bother looking at the thread. There are some good people on the board but I hardly think he reflects the "one" person who has shown a lack of maturity. Frankly, they're gossip journalists.

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Reports

Better yet, sit down, drink a soda and calm your hysteria.
Yeah, that's it, load up on more sugar! :D

I'm late to this but I'll offer my.02 anyway.

I was very angry about what he did, and livid about a post he made last August on Mrs. B's Training camp report. She does this as a non-professional. Sits out in the hot sun or rain to give us super fans little tidbits that we don't get anywhere else. She's not in the "shelter" that the media people are in. Many of us are very appreciative of this.

However, the man humbled himself by admitting that he was wrong and apologized. So, my attitude is to let the past be in the past and see how he is going forward. I'm sure most of us have made mistakes or did things that we regret.

I hope others will not continue to rip on him because of his past behavior.

I'll be really glad when TC starts so we can get back to talking about football. 114 post is evidence that we are all bored out of our skulls in this dry period.

Last edited:
I'm late to this but I'll offer my.02 anyway.

I was very angry about what he did, and livid about a post he made last August on Mrs. B's Training camp report. She does this as a non-professional. Sits out in the hot sun or rain to give us super fans little tidbits that we don't get anywhere else. She's not in the "shelter" that the media people are in. Many of us are very appreciative of this.

However, the man humbled himself by admitting that he was wrong and apologized. So, my attitude is to let the past be in the past and see how he is going forward. I'm sure most of us have made mistakes or did things that we regret.

I hope others will not continue to rip on him because of his past behavior.

I was reading some of his old posts (as I'm Ron Borges?) and in one (back in October) you suggested that he was a member of the media or a wannabe...

You have good instincts (beyond those related to attractive women) so I'll go with that but I still don't believe people change. People that are inherently dishonest basically stay that way without some life-altering reason - this ain't it.

Wow... I just read this whole thread.

I come here occasionally to keep up on things about the Pats, and post occassionally. I never realized this place was such a soap opera. Some of you people seem a little dramatic, to be nice.

Now, can someone explain this "10 characters" thing?

Wow... I just read this whole thread.

I come here occasionally to keep up on things about the Pats, and post occassionally. I never realized this place was such a soap opera. Some of you people seem a little dramatic, to be nice.

Now, can someone explain this "10 characters" thing?

You really, really, have to post 10 characters or the system will not accept it as a post. This has caused me a great deal of stress in the past and I don't know how I got bye it.

So, please post the 10 in the future or some people will get really upset.

I'm not going to critique and come off holier than thou, but I would add that a lot of our acts have consequences. I know that in my profession, something like this would have considerable professional consequences. It's almost irrelevant what we all think as bloggers. I imagine that this is a very difficult position to be in if I were a journalist. If this is something that the journalist profession whitewashes, it's probably because everyone else is doing the same exact thing anyway.

My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft