PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Situation regarding Tom Casale on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't Miss This Existing Thread! [merged]

Shmessy i'm not here to argue with you, but just read what i'm saying.

This guy is not apologizing for what he did.

He's apologizing because he got caught. There is a big difference.

You guys really want this guy on here?

Well, we DO give people more than one chance, don't we? :)

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Reports

I take offense to the things Casale wrote about Patriots fans. No amount of pleading in this forum will make me forgive what he's done in here, hiding behind false names showing himself to to a spineless, wimpy twerp.

Tom you are a miniscule piece of crap that can kiss my arse.

hells yeah he is.

how old is this tom guy?

seriously....... im from illinois, left mass in like 87. i have no clue who he really is.

Don't compare me with that scumbag.

I never did anything that bad.

I held my own opinion and didn't fall in with the crowd no matter what the case was and i was unable to post for a few months because of it.

and i thought u said you have no part in the decision making when it comes to getting people banned?

are you also Tom Casale?

Sorry but this is too good. From now this has to be forum-speak for any time a poster gets out of hand.

"WTF are you Tom Casale now too?!"

I love it.

Last edited:

so its ok for someone to attack Mrs B and Mike Reiss under a fake name? Thats what you are implying. Great stuff! What a board!

No it's not OK.

And since October of last year, I (and T-Shirt Dynasty) was all over him - - to the point where he went after me on his show. Since he posted as Patriotsrule again on June 16th, I had been PM'ing Ian about this and, not receiving a response within 4 days, made post #43 in this thread last night.

So stop embarrassing yourself by claiming that I "think what he did is OK".

We need more heroes like "Big" Mike.

Is anyone really sure that this poster is really Tom Casale and not just a person pretending to be him? I don't know the history of him being exposed so forgive me if I am treading on rehashed ground.

I do enjoy his columns, but I think he is walking a very thin line posting on a Patriot fan website whether it is anonymously or not. From what I can tell he is posting on subjects that would get him in some hot water if he actually put it in print. Patriots Football Weekly does already is walking a thin line being a news source reporting on the team that owns it. This kinda muddies the water a bit of proper journalism.

That said, I an kinda intrigued about being able to have an open dialog with someone who covers the team on a regular basis.

Mike Reiss has admitted to looking at this board. Who knows if he too (or others local journalists) post anonymously here. Maybe even players do.

and i thought u said you have no part in the decision making when it comes to getting people banned?

It was a joke, lighten up.

so you can do whatever you want as long as you apologize after and kiss up to a mod ?

Because that is EXACTLY what happened.

you aren't sending a good message Shmessy.

and you aren't setting a good example.

It was a joke, lighten up.

fine, fair enough.

It smelled like bait but if you say it's a joke that's cool by me.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree about this "Tom" scumbag.

Please stop. As I wrote in another thread a few minutes ago:

Look, folks, he came clean about everything last night and apologized several times. It must not have been easy for him.

Tom has a reputation for being a very savvy football observer, not just of the Patriots but of other teams and the draft as well.

No one died. Mike Reiss, Chad Jackson and Mrs. B all still have their jobs. He went after me on his web show last year and I'm already over it and look forward to him being a valued poster on this site. You all can too.

You posted exactly what was on my mind. Let's not damn Casale for all eternity.

so you can do whatever you want as long as you apologize after and kiss up to a mod ?

You're not in any position to be making those type of statements, Keegs.

My best advice to you and some others is to just drop it. If you want to continue to hassle Tom, then do it outside the forum. It's over. If you want the narrative, then PM a mod about it and have your laughs. But I think it would be unfair to Tom to continue to push the subject in this thread and on this forum.

You're not in any position to be making those type of statements, Keegs.

My best advice to you and some others is to just drop it. If you want to continue to hassle Tom, then do it outside the forum. It's over. If you want the narrative, then PM a mod about it and have your laughs. But I think it would be unfair to Tom to continue to push the subject in this thread and on this forum.
all i am doing is giving my opinion.

I'm not allowed to do that here?

it's the truth man, it just looks bad any way you slice it.

how about he apologizes to mrs. B and then everyone stops

10 years is good by me.

The guy's a fraud, not to mention a twerp and a wuss who gets his jollies purposely messing around with us in here.

I see no use for such types in this place. But you guys are the mods round here.

But I think it would be unfair to Tom to continue to push the subject in this thread and on this forum.

Yet it is fair for the twerp to continue to push his cowardice upon all of us for all this time with nary a worry of penalty?

What kind of message is this sending? Not a good one I say.

Wow, you guys do forgive easily. Just because patriotsfan says "OK you caught me, get over it!", you think everyone should respect him now? If he wants respect, he should REALLY come clean. "Get over it!" doesn't cut it.

Yet it is fair for the twerp to continue to push his cowardice upon all of us for all this time with nary a worry of penalty?

What kind of message is this sending? Not a good one I say.

Only Ian can do that..... and as I mentioned, I haven't even heard from him in response to my PM's in days.

How long till we see the screen name "I'm NOT Tom Casale"

so its ok for someone to attack Mrs B and Mike Reiss under a fake name? Thats what you are implying. are you also Tom Casale?

You're missing the point. I wish I could share some of the PMs I've had with him over the past day. I've got a new respect for him, and unless he proves us wrong, I think he should be granted a clean slate. I said that same thing the minute he came clean, before he PM'ed me.

What he did last year, wasn't okay. He knows that, and had the balls to own up to it in a big way. I've been in a similar position to his... in the public eye, and I'm telling you I would have cut and run. IF I really felt this place was worth a damn, and if I finally stopped and read, and realized like he has, that this forum has some very, very intelligent, passionate, and well-thought out posters which makes this place a unique and special place to share and learn, so much so that I wanted to be a part of it... I would have kept my mouth shut, let the mods that were chasing my IP addresses forget about me, and come back with a brand new username, and just behave myself. But he didn't take the chicken-**** route that I would have... he stood up and took account for his actions, admitted his assclownery, and apologized.

By virtue of his position he has taken a risk by being honest now. It's not like Joe "I bag groceries from 3-to-9 every day" Shmoe comes out and admits he's Tony Collins, or Aquaboy4Ever, or Keegs (or some other infamous troll in this proud forum's history). (Love ya Keegs, just messing witcha) This is a guy in a very public position, who has now had a chance to meet the die-hards on the forum, at open practice sessions and game days, and in public events, and has said, "wow... I was dead wrong about these people".

His honesty and willingness to take the beating he's now taking is a tribute to YOU, the fan, the die-hard, the nobody that knows more about the team than some that are actually employed by the team. He realizes the value of this community we all have built here... why else would he have 'fessed up?

I for one, hope he sticks around. I for one, hope the intelligent and passionate fans that make up this great forum can appreciate the type of character that it takes to stand up like he did, and give him a chance to stick around. Rodney would be proud of that type of character. That's Patriot's material. And believe me, nobody with the possible exception of shmessy wanted his ass on a skewer more than I did.

I take offense to the things Casale wrote about Patriots fans. No amount of pleading in this forum will make me forgive what he's done in here, hiding behind false names showing himself to to a spineless, wimpy twerp.

Tom you are a miniscule piece of crap that can kiss my arse.

I, too, took HUGE offense at first. You bet your ass. To the point that I crept around the crevices of the internet tracking every IP address he posted from for months. :)

But now, I humbly disagree. As I said, the spineless way would have just been to lay low and try to come back with an anonymous name... a clean slate with nobody the wiser. And I'm telling you, if he had, and behaved himself, none of you would have ever known the truth. No mod forced him to come out and admit who he was, HE decided to. That deserves at least one more chance in my book, one chance with everybody knowing who he is, and what his past entails here in E-drama-land.

I'm sorry... this is KEEGS saying this?

Remind me how many chances you've been granted? How many times you apologized for your assclownery? I was shocked to come back recently and find you still here! I thought for sure your last banning was your last. Watch them rocks in your glass house buddy.

Wow, you guys do forgive easily. Just because patriotsfan says "OK you caught me, get over it!", you think everyone should respect him now? If he wants respect, he should REALLY come clean. "Get over it!" doesn't cut it.

I wouldn't go that far, but the forum can degenerate into hysteria if the situation stays unresolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down