PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Situation regarding Tom Casale on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading some of his old posts (as I'm Ron Borges?) and in one (back in October) you suggested that he was a member of the media or a wannabe...

You have good instincts (beyond those related to attractive women) so I'll go with that but I still don't believe people change. People that are inherently dishonest basically stay that way without some life-altering reason - this ain't it.

Well, the trouble is, this blog/message board system is inherently dishonest in the first place, since it asks us to make up nicknames and post anonymously. We make our own identities here, unlike real life, where we're saddled with parents, siblings, places of birth, etc.

I got together in person for an outing with some people on the UConn sports board. The most pathetic, execrable, crotchety poster on that board ended up being a nice, humble, cool guy with a lot going for him. This internet space brings out weird things in people.

Like you, however, I am very suspicious about people's motives in general.

Firstandgoal, that may not be true for everyone who posts here...

If it's punishment we're after, Casale has been outed and humiliated. That's pretty good punishment.

If it's ceasing sin we're after, Casale has promised to do that. We have the entire future to judge for ourselves.

Seems to me Casale has done a lot of growing up, right in front of our eyes. We can't be certain, of course, but it looks that way. And let's face it, it would be great to be able to dialogue with a Pat's writer right here.

I'm with Smessy and Pats1 here.

I guess I think what Casale did was wrong and potentially punishable more from a journalism sense than from an online community. I haven't read all his posts under the his assumed names, but if he was disemating information that was off the record or wouldn't stand the test of independent verification to be printed, that is a huge violation of the codes of journalism. I don't know if he did, but if he did that is almost as serious as Borges' offense.

The more I think about it, journalists posting on fan sites anonymously is pretty serious especially if he is giving out information no legitimate news source would allow him to print or posts posts that undermine the credibilities of his competition.

Personally, I would like Ian or someone at Patsfans.com to send all of Casale's posts to the editor of PFW and let them decide whether Casale violated any codes or ethics of journalism. If Casale believes what he did was no big deal, he would welcome this so that no one will question his integrity again.

I guess I think what Casale did was wrong and potentially punishable more from a journalism sense than from an online community. I haven't read all his posts under the his assumed names, but if he was disemating information that was off the record or wouldn't stand the test of independent verification to be printed, that is a huge violation of the codes of journalism. I don't know if he did, but if he did that is almost as serious as Borges' offense.

The more I think about it, journalists posting on fan sites anonymously is pretty serious especially if he is giving out information no legitimate news source would allow him to print or posts posts that undermine the credibilities of his competition.

Personally, I would like Ian or someone at Patsfans.com to send all of Casale's posts to the editor of PFW and let them decide whether Casale violated any codes or ethics of journalism. If Casale believes what he did was no big deal, he would welcome this so that no one will question his integrity again.

Amazing, we agree 100%. I imagine Rob we'd agree more in the future if we weren't talking such important life-altering issues as Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Last edited:
Enough already.

He owned up and apologized repeatedly.

We were struggling with him while he was continuing, but now that he has ended it, and apologized. It's over.

If he, by any chance, reverts to the previous stuff, then all the Judge Judy's who want their pint of blood can get out their pitchforks and torches. But at this point, the piling on and hyperventilating is getting out of control. It's just a fansite that concerned with a silly sport. It ain't Watergate.

I admittedly haven't followed this saga , but was led to this site by the controversial process of 'outing' Tom Casale. While his behavior might be disturbing, perhaps an equal concern is the invasion of privacy by this site. Maybe we all need to use Anonymizer so that Patsfan.com insiders aren't tracing our IPs for whatever reason they might rationalize. Power corrupts. This reminds me of the FBI tracking dissidents in the 60s and 70s because they said things that the government didn't like. Sure, it's a stretch as an analogy, but what prompted PAtsfan.com to start tracking IPs on here - dissenting opinion? If so, then where does it stop within suspicious minds? If I dissent, will I find a worm in my email?

WOW. I have to say that you are paranoid to the point of delusional. Just because this site is free doesn't mean that there aren't rules to be followed. Mr. Casale broke one of the rules by having multiple screen names. The mods, as appointed representatives of the owner of this site, have the right to IP track individual screen names when those names are involved in breaking the rules.

Also, I'd like to point out that the mods did NOT post any personal information other than the users REAL NAME. That, also, is not a crime. Particularly when Tom Casale verbally attacked members of this site on his Webcast last year. Casale personally named SHMESSY and I believe one other poster here.

Sorry, but you are way out of line and really don't understand the limitations of the internet in terms of a "FREE" message board.

I'm with the, lets move on people here. But I still find it amazing that a professional would spend so much time on a message board stirring **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back