PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Situation regarding Tom Casale on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Reports

I humbly disagree. As I said, the spineless way would have just been to lay low and try to come back with an anonymous name... a clean slate with nobody the wiser. And I'm telling you, if he had, and behaved himself, none of you would have ever known the truth. No mod forced him to come out and admit who he was, HE decided to. That deserves at least one more chance in my book, one chance with everybody knowing who he is, and what his past entails here in E-drama-land.
Lay low from what? No fessing up was needed here, T. Most of us had his charade figured out long ago. This twerps goose was cooked long ago.

The only thing this current revelation proves is that our gut feelings were indeed right and that this guy's desperate for even more attention.

If he's allowed to contionue posting all I ask is that I am given his aliases so that I may place them all on my ignore list.

I think we owe Karen an apology for semi-hijacking her thread. I'm going to split her thread from this one, lock this one, and keep hers open for discussion regarding her amazing dedication, reports, podcasts, and pictures.

Welcome back T, it wasn't the same without ya!

I'm actually going to wait off on closing this thread. Patsfans will (hopefully) release an "official statement" settling the situation sometime today.

Sometimes I wish that I could stop you from talking
when I hear the silly things that you say.
I think somebody better put out the big light,
cause I can't stand to see you this way..................

Lay low from what? No fessing up was needed here, T. Most of us had his charade figured out long ago.
Thankfully I'm too damn stupid to figure it all out. I'm lost :D

I agree 100%...this is even worse IMO than what Borges did. Absolutely no excuse for such shadiness.
Borges would have NEVER come out, and admit to you and I, the lowly fan, any of his possible mistakes and transgressions. It takes character to hang your own name on your mistakes and say to the world, "This is who I am, this is what I've done, now watch me do better."

Borges wouldn't have nearly the testicular fortitude that it takes for such a move. Not on your life.

Lay low from what? No fessing up was needed here, T. Most of us had his charade figured out long ago. This twerps goose was cooked long ago.
Lay low from the mods on this forum that he knew were after him. You have to understand that several of us knew who he was for a while, and when we made it obvious to him that we were aware of his multiple usernames... it was like the comic book lightbulb went off over his head. Suddenly, he stopped posting...

After a long while he came back to post again. At that point, he had already realized that mods could track IP addresses and locations (to his surprise), and KNEW he wasn't "safe" from prying eyes. He decided to come back and try becoming part of this community again... he knew that the mods and Ian knew who he was in past usernames..... he could have come back after his long layoff from posting with a new username, and if he had behaved, the mods and Ian would have no reason to check and cross check his IP, so he could have rejoined this community in relative anonymity.

But he decided to come back under one of his original usernames that he KNEW was watched by the mods. He tried to bull**** for a minute, then decided to own up to his past crap and try to wipe the slate clean. Again, that takes character. Character should be at least rewarded with a second chance.

You're right, "fessing up wasn't needed", and even more importantly could have been totally avoided, along with the natural backlash that comes with it. That's what impresses me... he didn't avoid it, he DID 'fess up even though it wasn't need. Again... that's character.

Welcome back T, it wasn't the same without ya!
Thanks man! It's been too long. I've missed this place.

Oh and my cell-mate, Buba, aka "Petunia" sends his regards from the county lock-up.

I'm actually going to wait off on closing this thread. Patsfans will (hopefully) release an "official statement" settling the situation sometime today.
I think it's wise to hold off on closing it, but I gotta say... hats off to you for splitting the threads into two, then merging the other ones into the split. Damn, that's some slick mod work right there, I didn't have the guts to even try it. You musta shuffled 30 or so posts into their proper new threads. You, sir, are the thread split-then-merge-then-clean-up Master.

I'm sorry... this is KEEGS saying this?

Remind me how many chances you've been granted? How many times you apologized for your assclownery? I was shocked to come back recently and find you still here! I thought for sure your last banning was your last. Watch them rocks in your glass house buddy.

i've apologized for nothing.

I've done nothing wrong.

And i won't apologize unless i do something wrong.

Tom was basically threatened to come out.

Shmessy told him who he was.

Lets not make him out to a godamn saint

this is getting ridiculous.

I would just like to add that I have no freaking clue who Tom Casale is.

That's all, carry on.

I would just like to add that I have no freaking clue who Tom Casale is.

That's all, carry on.

-he's some media guy in the boston area

-he took the "5 year old route" and became a troll on this site with 5+ screen names
-he badmouthed this site
-he talked **** to Mrs. B
-he had his ip address checked and all this other crap to verify who he was.
-he's a scumbag

This thread makes me understand this guy's plight.
1179206782616oa1.jpg

Tom was basically threatened to come out.

Shmessy told him who he was.

Lets not make him out to a godamn saint

this is getting ridiculous.

I agree. There has to be some middle ground here: he didn't kill anyone, but he's not getting his portrait painted for the Vatican, either.

In the end, it just seems like a weird, mishandled approach to interacting with the fans. If he's getting some kind of personal satisfaction out of anonymous heckling, that seems odd. It's also strange that (as has been pointed out) he replied to his own posts.

I hope he logs on as himself and answers questions about the Pats, especially during mini-camp. I'd like to read his perspective; however, I'm giving him a short leash in terms of his reaction and interaction with fans who may disagree with him (Tom: please don't call us d-bags. It's rude and, at the very least, childish. That's why I have a hard time listening to your podcasts and why I canceled my PFW subscription).

thanks to those who called this to our attention. It's definitely interesting.

He should. Then he should read it on air to the listeners on PFW. And they should devote a little side bar to it in the next issue of PFW.

I gotta say, if there is one area on which I could criticize the Krafts, it is on the piss poor job they have done in selecting/assembling much of the on air talent fronting their media empire. I guess maybe they look at it the way Ordway does - it's just entertainment and controversy and criticism, not to mentions unprofessional juvenile behavior and and peroidic capacity for manufactured contrarianism, are unfortunately more siginificant pre requisites for the job guys like Casale do. At least the Big O and Co. own up to that regularly enough to allow listeners to keep the relevance of what they blather about in it's proper perspective.

I stopped listening to or watching PFW productions, let alone paying to subscribe to it in print, quite a while ago when I came to the conclusion that for the most part they were just another bunch of opinionated guys who happened to inhabit cubicles somewhere in the bowels of Gillette Stadium. One of whom apparently has way too much time on his hands. Maybe Bob should assign him some community service hours.

It's really sad, must be something in the water here in NE. 3 time world champions deserve to be covered by a better caliber mediots than this.

Hey everyone. I know I dont post here very often, however, I do know all of you as Patsfans very well due to coming here several times a day, and I just want to say what I feel about this whole situation. Tom needs to be banned indefinetely. I'm not out for blood, but c'mon.
Tom, you're supposed to be a professional (though you're human) I hold people like you up to higher standards. All of the things you have done and said, and even though you have apologized, are still extremely sickening. You're a professional journalist, not some schmuck like me who just posts on a website because of the team I love. You SIR, are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL. If you had not been caught, then these smear campaigns would have continued. You would have never come clean on your dastardly deeds. NEVER!
I for one come to this board and this board only. The reason why, is because everyone here (mostly) have great and wonderful insights on this team. We all may argue, but we never personally attack people, especially when we have the powers that Tom does, to reach thousands on a weekly basis. Tom should never be allowed on this site again. Banned forever. Yes I know no one has died Shmessy, but alot of people have been hurt, and an apology does not suffice.

Remember everyone. If he had never been caught, then none of this wouldve come to light, and all of his **** wouldve continued. This place is better then that. Let's keep it that way.

Hey everyone. I know I dont post here very often, however, I do know all of you as Patsfans very well due to coming here several times a day, and I just want to say what I feel about this whole situation. Tom needs to be banned indefinetely. I'm not out for blood, but c'mon.
Tom, you're supposed to be a professional (though you're human) I hold people like you up to higher standards. All of the things you have done and said, and even though you have apologized, are still extremely sickening. You're a professional journalist, not some schmuck like me who just posts on a website because of the team I love. You SIR, are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL. If you had not been caught, then these smear campaigns would have continued. You would have never come clean on your dastardly deeds. NEVER!
I for one come to this board and this board only. The reason why, is because everyone here (mostly) have great and wonderful insights on this team. We all may argue, but we never personally attack people, especially when we have the powers that Tom does, to reach thousands on a weekly basis. Tom should never be allowed on this site again. Banned forever. Yes I know no one has died Shmessy, but alot of people have been hurt, and an apology does not suffice.

Remember everyone. If he had never been caught, then none of this wouldve come to light, and all of his **** wouldve continued. This place is better then that. Let's keep it that way.

I agree 100%. He should also be fired from his job. In a sense, we are Patriot customers and Tom disrespected us. If I did to my customers what Tom did here my boss would fire my a**. The New England Patriots are a PROFESSIONAL football team. What Tom did was the antithesis of PROFESSIONAL.

Just think if someone else did this what do you think Tom's comments would be about that person? I've heard him enough to know he would say they should be fired.

Why would anyone care what he has to say going forward? Tom do the right thing and go away. Don't bother us on this site. If the site won't ban you then ban yourself.

I just found the alisonlovesbrady thread. That's some funny stuff. My favorite part may have been:

Because Allison, who can't spell her own name, shows up unannounced to let us know that she's never heard of Jackson, never heard of Casale, but has some extremely relevant information on the issue, and has a photographic memory of every last detail of the event she didn't attend.

I think I'll start picturing all mediots as posting on the internet as an 18-yr-old girl. It's just too damn funny.

Last edited:
I agree. There has to be some middle ground here: he didn't kill anyone, but he's not getting his portrait painted for the Vatican, either.

In the end, it just seems like a weird, mishandled approach to interacting with the fans. If he's getting some kind of personal satisfaction out of anonymous heckling, that seems odd. It's also strange that (as has been pointed out) he replied to his own posts.

I hope he logs on as himself and answers questions about the Pats, especially during mini-camp. I'd like to read his perspective; however, I'm giving him a short leash in terms of his reaction and interaction with fans who may disagree with him (Tom: please don't call us d-bags. It's rude and, at the very least, childish. That's why I have a hard time listening to your podcasts and why I canceled my PFW subscription).

thanks to those who called this to our attention. It's definitely interesting.

I admittedly haven't followed this saga , but was led to this site by the controversial process of 'outing' Tom Casale. While his behavior might be disturbing, perhaps an equal concern is the invasion of privacy by this site. Maybe we all need to use Anonymizer so that Patsfan.com insiders aren't tracing our IPs for whatever reason they might rationalize. Power corrupts. This reminds me of the FBI tracking dissidents in the 60s and 70s because they said things that the government didn't like. Sure, it's a stretch as an analogy, but what prompted PAtsfan.com to start tracking IPs on here - dissenting opinion? If so, then where does it stop within suspicious minds? If I dissent, will I find a worm in my email?

Last edited:
Perhaps a greater concern is the invasion of privacy by this site. Maybe we all need to use Anomyzer so that Patsfan.com insiders aren't tracing our IPs for whatever reason they might rationalize. Power corrupts. This reminds me of the FBI tracking dissidents in the 60s and 70s because they said things that the government didn't like. Sure, it's a strech as an analogy, but what prompted PAtsfan.com to start tracking IPs on here - dissenting opinion?
You presuppose the opinions posted were dissenting.

Casale's multiple onscreen persona's were used to stir up crap, most people are content to do that with one user name, he just took it to extremes. The fact that a mod noticed the style simularities between Casale's various usernames and checked the IPs doesn't turn this into a witch hunt. It certainly isn't an invasion of privacy.

Tom Casale is known to be the individual involved because he identified himself - he used his media bully pulpit to criticize the people who called him on his behavior in this forum. If individuals abusing government power is such a concern to you, wouldn't individuals abusing media power concern you?

I also have not been following this as closely as many...certainly a drama filled interesting sidelight of the offseason....I tend to think all has been said on this or close enough to that...Confession is good for the soul. Time to start anew. AND kudos 1---for separating this from Mrs B's thread..her thread IS an important one..but I think this path is much different one with a lot more emotion and opinion. 2---for those that uncovered the shenanigans.

Last edited:
Tom Casale will never be as entertaining or as informative as AlisonLovesBrady, that little HS gossiping slut. I'd rather have her knowledge and wisdom frankly.

Don't we all wanna be a little bit more like Mrs. B in our joy and love of the Pats and the respect we have for the game of football and those around it and less like a Tom Casale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back