PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XXXVII: WR Stevie Johnson > Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the WR they sign isn't a game-changer in terms of unique, match-up skill set, then after the restructure of DA, no thanks..

A trade for a top vet guard (Evan Mathis) or a vet corner (Keenan Lewis) would be great. A true DT (Fairley, Ellis, Bryant, Rubin, etc.) or a backup TE for Gronk (Chandler?) in FA works...

Then go draft. They still got money, but not that much money.

ps. The Jets Defense is now scary great. I doubt they get anywhere in the next couple of years, given their contract situation, and with Cromartie and Revis both turning 32, and with Revis getting 17 million guaranteed and the rest of the ridiculously huge contracts they've signed (and with key, expensive pieces coming due next year), I find their go-for-it-now attitude a little ridiculous.

But what do I know? Maybe they're trading for Drew Brees, and then, yes, they'd be REALLY scary.

I honestly think FA dollars are better spent on a better back-up TE for Gronk or further reinforcements for the defence.

I like Stevie Johnson - excellent player and can still do a job - just feel like he is going to be too similar to Edelman and Amendola.

Nope ...the dude is 6'2" 207lbs. Was a 1,000 receiver for three years with Fitzpatrick in Buffalo. Only caught 35 last year from inconsistent Kap. Great route runner. A little flacky. Only 28. Might be an upgrade outside the numbers. He scored a few on us as well.

CAP cut for Niners.
DW Toys

If the WR they sign isn't a game-changer in terms of unique, match-up skill set, then after the restructure of DA, no thanks..

A trade for a top vet guard (Evan Mathis) or a vet corner (Keenan Lewis) would be great. A true DT (Fairley, Ellis, Bryant, Rubin, etc.) or a backup TE for Gronk (Chandler?) in FA works...

Then go draft. They still got money, but not that much money.

ps. The Jets Defense is now scary great. I doubt they get anywhere in the next couple of years, given their contract situation, and with Cromartie and Revis both turning 32, and with Revis getting 17 million guaranteed and the rest of the ridiculously huge contracts they've signed (and with key, expensive pieces coming due next year), I find their go-for-it-now attitude a little ridiculous.

But what do I know? Maybe they're trading for Drew Brees, and then, yes, they'd be REALLY scary.
How so? Their Outside Linebackers and Safeties aren't much chop. They have a very good Defensive Line and a great combination of Cornerbacks. They should improve on 2014 but let's face it, that shouldn't be too difficult after a 4-12 season and with a returning Revi$.

Agreed. While their defense is improved, scary great is a bit extreme.

I love how the opinions about Johnsons route running abilities go through the entire spectrum. I have read everything from "worst route runner" in the NFL to "great route runner". Amazing..

Allegedly, he doesn't run his routes but runs whatever path he chooses and ends up around the correct place in the end. I am not really sure how this could be compatible with what we are doing.

Would think if that were the case he wouldn't last long with TFB.
Also hate to say it but he tweeted asking if the Jets need a fourth receiver saying he wants to be with Gailey and Fitzpatrick.

My review as a western NY'er

Thinks hes better than he his
Good route runner
Cant catch
Zero rating for clutch.

No thanks

Harvin > Stevie Johnson and it's not even close

Harvin > Stevie Johnson and it's not even close

When it comes to this team, it's not close. Harvin can fill multiple roles on any given play and is pretty sure handed. The only thing that separates Stevie from Harvin is Stevie's ability to stay healthy.

There have been many "scary great" defenses in March. Let's see how they hold up when we get to November...

It says he's deciding on if he was will make 2 more visits my gut is he signs in Buff.

Of course that's not what I want.
Now Dwayne Bowe on a low incentive based contract would be the next step.
Because Stevie Johnson has let it be known he badly wants to join the Jets.
Is there any near top tier receivers available for trade?
Heres a thought Justin Hunter in a trade?
Tavon Austin?
Could we rope in Cordaralle Patterson and help him learn a playbook.
Would love to see us call Minny about AP as well.
Greg Hardy still hasn't signed anywhere yet.
As hasn't Michael Johnson.
Man alot of good players out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back