PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast IX: Percy Harvin released by Jests 3/10 (update: signed by Bills)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there proof BB actually really liked him pre draft or was that Bald Childress trying to look smart?

Amazing that he's giving the Bills serious thought. I mean, there's nothing like considering catching passes from Matt Cassel or EJ Manual.

This guy is too stupid to be a Patriot.

Yeah, it's not like he's trying to leverage the interest from Buffalo to try to get more money from say a team like the Patriots or nothing.

Yeah, it's not like he's trying to leverage the interest from Buffalo to try to get more money from say a team like the Patriots or nothing.

Or vice versa.

Hard to imagine us paying our WR4 (and fifth total receiving option with Gronk) 4-5m dollars a year, especially after the new Amendola restructure.

I think Belichick wants Harvin had wanted him In the draft is enamored with his skill set.
I think we offer 5 Million a season and that gets it done 2 or 3 year deal.
That's way, way to much for a guy who hasn't really done anything in four years and is a total wack job.

Or vice versa.

Hard to imagine us paying our WR4 (and fifth total receiving option with Gronk) 4-5m dollars a year, especially after the new Amendola restructure.
Not sure why people think he's gonna get paid. Barely played past two years. I really don't think he's going to make as much as Potroast. I think he'll come at 1-2 mill. I like the idea of him coming out of the back field a lot.

Not sure why people think he's gonna get paid. Barely played past two years. I really don't think he's going to make as much as Potroast. I think he'll come at 1-2 mill. I like the idea of him coming out of the back field a lot.

So Amendola is going to make between 4-5 million dollars AAV from his restructure (anywhere from 3/12 to 3/15), but Percy Harvin is only going to command 1-2 million?

I highly, highly doubt that is going to be the case!

Sign the beast!! I would be perfectly happy if this was the last WR-related move the team made til the draft...

So Amendola is going to make between 4-5 million dollars AAV from his restructure (anywhere from 3/12 to 3/15), but Percy Harvin is only going to command 1-2 million?

I highly, highly doubt that is going to be the case!
Dola is overpaid still by a bit (ideally imo I think he's closer to a 3 mill a year player). But we'll see. I think Buffalo will probably overpay him but I think Harvin could be had here for fairly cheap if he doesn't want to rot in Buffalo. And looking at Harvin's stats...they really aren't that bad considering he played with Geno Smith. I'd be pretty excited to get him. Not sure we can spare the cash tho. Need a CB and a d-linemen or two. Hopefully Harvin's bad attitude is enough to drive others away like Blount was able to.

Dola is overpaid still by a bit (ideally imo I think he's closer to a 3 mill a year player). But we'll see. I think Buffalo will probably overpay him but I think Harvin could be had here for fairly cheap if he doesn't want to rot in Buffalo. And looking at Harvin's stats...they really aren't that bad considering he played with Geno Smith. I'd be pretty excited to get him. Not sure we can spare the cash tho. Need a CB and a d-linemen or two. Hopefully Harvin's bad attitude is enough to drive others away like Blount was able to.

I'd love to have Harvin come here for the versatility alone, along with actually having a viable deeper kind of threat too.

My concerns are pretty much what you've stated, in terms of BUF offering more + Harvin thinking that he's worth more. I could see N.England being interested, just not at the same structure of the deal and/or price.

And yes--I agree with you about Amendola. I did not expect him to go for as much, and figured it'd have been something closer to 3m dollars per year or so.

I don't see Harvin being able to participate in this: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...lm-breakdown-flats-slants-vs-cover-3.1117770/

That's the issue. It isn't about physical skill. It is about playing huge chunks of games where the number of times he handles the ball is dictated by the defensive scheme being deployed against the Pats. He has to be just as happy with JE catching a 3 yard out pattern that turns into an 11 yard gain, as he does in catching an 11 yard pass himself. I just don't see that in this guy.

Watkins
Woods
Harvin

McCoy
Jackson

That's a nice start to the offense.

Never that high on Harvin to begin with so him going to the Bills works for me.

Not for me i want to see how much money this was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST