Evans555 1st round mock w/analysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

evans555

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Well here is the mock...Let me know what you think

1. Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

Alot of talk here about Jason Smith but look at Atlanta last season, the Falcons talked about Glenn Dorsey at 3 but eventually took Matt Ryan once they stepped back and realized their QB's were Redman and Harrington. Detroit will do the same. Plus their is better value for OT's at pick 20 opposed to QB's.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

Can't go wrong with Monroe or Smith but Smith has the greater potential

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

They also have a need at OT but with Curry's stock and measureables as high as they are Pioli will not be able to pass up on him. Remember Pioli took Mayo in NE.

4. Seattle Seahawks: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virgina

Debated taking Crabtee with this selection but Seattle has alot of money tied up at WR. Seattle gets more value with Monroe

5. Cleveland Browns: Micheal Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

The consensus pick here seems to be Orakpo but I don't think he has the pass coverage skills to drop back into coverage in the Browns 3-4 defense. We all know with Stallworhs legal troubles he will not see the field, factor in the loss of Winslow Jr and the Edwards trade rumors and Crabtree is the logical choice.

6. Cincinatti Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

The Bengals have glaring needs on the OL and select the once though of top 3 pick in the draft. Smith has question marks but the game film dosn't lie to a desperate Marvin Lewis

7. Oakland Raiders: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Al will be happy this workout wonder falls to him because it fills a need and fills his obsession with athleticism. Raji was a consideration but is not flashy enough for Al.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars, Jeremy Maclin, WR, Miss

I hate the idea of having 2 WR's in the top 10 because of the dropoff in WR's from last years draft, but Maclin really lucks out here because the Jags may have the worst WR core in some time.

9. Green Bay Packers, B.J. Raji, DT, BC

Green Bay gets a steal here as they address need and get the best player available. Pickett is their nose but dosnt have experience in a 3-4.

10. San Francisco 49ers: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

Toyed with the idea of a DE here but we all know the saying new regime means a new QB...Sanchez's stock is soaring right now.

11. Buffalo Bills: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

As much as I hate the idea of Dennasley rushing the QB I just do not think there is great value at DE at pick 11 to stop in and contribute right away. I think a healthy return of Schobel as well as a bulked up Chris Ellis and a 2nd/3rd round DE as Well as Denney should be enough. Look for Oher to step in and contribute at LG which scouts say may be his natural and best position (he played on the interior of the OL as a freshman). Oher has great athleticism and strength and could serve as insurance at LT if Jason Peters goes awol.

12. Denver Broncos: Everette Brown, DE, FSU

The Broncos need pass rush help and with Sanchez off the baord Brown stops in as a 3-4 OLB.

13. Washington Redskins: William Beatty, OT, uconn

The skins desperatly need a OT and the run on OL has offically begun. The NFL is all about trends and although Beatty may be a reach look at how many OT's produced in last season's draft.

14. New Orleans Saints: Aaron Maybin, DE, PSU

Maybin stops in as a situational pass rusher for Gregg Williams attacking defensive style.

15. Houston Texans: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

Tough, versatile OLB who stops in and fills a need for the Texans defense which adds another playmaker.

16. San Diego Chargers: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

Jackson is a perfect fit for the Chargers 3-4 scheme. Although he isn't an elite pass rusher he is very stout against the run.

17. New York Jets: Darrius Heyward Bey, WR, Maryland

The Jets fill the void left by Coles and get a nice combo of size and Speed in Bey. Harvin is also an option here but with his character and durability issues Heyward Bey is the logical option.

18. Denver Broncos: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

Denver address a weak defense once again and lands a starting ILB in Maualuga who is big and tough but I believe over prusits too much and takes himself out of plays.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaners: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

Do you really think Leftwich is going to be their starter? I dont Leftwich is back up material and Freeman cashes in on Sanchez's rising stock.

20. Detroit Lions: Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

The Lions follow the mold of ATL get your franchise QB and then protect him. Although knowing the Lions it will somehow backfire.

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Chris Wells, RB, OSU

Wells stops in as a big brusing change of pace back who will be mentored by Westbrook and take over as the eventual starter. I recently heard Westbrook in an interview on moving the chains and when he was asked how he would take to a RB being drafted his response was: "He would accept it with open arm's I cant run for ever"

22. Minnesota Vikings: Peria Jerry, DT< Ole Miss

The williams are getting up in age and the Vikes select Jerry who is an ideal fit in a 4-3 d with quickness and strength. Jerry will also benefit getting a yr. to get his body in ideal NFL condition. Scouts say he could use a yr. in the weight room.

23. New England Patriots: Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

Hard worker will thrive in Bellicheck's system and fills a need for the Pats...He went from walk on to possible first rounder. Sounds like he will fit the pats mold perfectly.

24. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK st.

ATL gets great value here and could have a lethal offense with the addition of Pettigrew who will help Matt Ryan and my boy Roddy White.

25. Miami Dolphins: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

Some character question marks but with 110 arrests of DB's since 2000 more than any other position who cares? its a crap shoot anyways. Davis is a playmaker

26. Baltimore Ravens: Percy Harvin, WR, UF

The Ravens add a playmaker for a young QB. Plus Mason is 48 yrs old and Harvin is a top 15 talent.

27. Indianapolis Colts: James Laurinatis, ILB, OSU

Laurinaitis is a wild card and would have been better off doing what I always say "take the guaranteed 1st round money" Are you listening Taylor Mays? Colts get an instinctive LB here.

28. Philadelphia Eagles: Robert Ayers, DE, Tenn

I'm not very high on Ayers but Mike Mayock is. I'm a student who makes an hourly wage, Mayock is on salary from NFL Network. Enough said Eagles fill a void and get a steal here.

29. New York Giants: Clint Sintim, OLB, Virgina

Other possible selection WR Kenny Britt

30. Tennessee Titans: Darius Butler, CB, Uconn

Nick Harper is 35 and Carr is gone so they lack depth. Butler has elite speed and can serve as a return man to replace carr in that facet as well

31. Arizona Cardinals: Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA

Great Value at 31.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alex Mack, C, Cal

Bills draft:

Round 1 pick 11: OT Micheal Oher: Ole Miss

Round 2 pick 42: DT Evander "Ziggy" Hood: Missou

Round 3 pick 75: DE Laurence Sidbury Jr.: Richmond

Round 4 pick 110: TE Cornelius Ingram: UF

Round 5 pick 147: OLB Zack Follett: Cal

Round 6 pick 183: SS Otis Wiley: Michigan St

Round 7 Pick 220: RB Javarris Williams: Tenn. St.

BTW I know my spelling is sub par

This is certainly a reasonable effort. Personally, I don't think the raiders would pass up Maclin for Orapko.

Also, I see Hood going earlier than 42. He will be a fine DE.

Well here is the mock...Let me know what you think

1. Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

Alot of talk here about Jason Smith but look at Atlanta last season, the Falcons talked about Glenn Dorsey at 3 but eventually took Matt Ryan once they stepped back and realized their QB's were Redman and Harrington. Detroit will do the same. Plus their is better value for OT's at pick 20 opposed to QB's.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

Can't go wrong with Monroe or Smith but Smith has the greater potential

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

They also have a need at OT but with Curry's stock and measureables as high as they are Pioli will not be able to pass up on him. Remember Pioli took Mayo in NE.

4. Seattle Seahawks: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virgina

Debated taking Crabtee with this selection but Seattle has alot of money tied up at WR. Seattle gets more value with Monroe

5. Cleveland Browns: Micheal Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

The consensus pick here seems to be Orakpo but I don't think he has the pass coverage skills to drop back into coverage in the Browns 3-4 defense. We all know with Stallworhs legal troubles he will not see the field, factor in the loss of Winslow Jr and the Edwards trade rumors and Crabtree is the logical choice.

6. Cincinatti Bengals: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

The Bengals have glaring needs on the OL and select the once though of top 3 pick in the draft. Smith has question marks but the game film dosn't lie to a desperate Marvin Lewis

7. Oakland Raiders: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Al will be happy this workout wonder falls to him because it fills a need and fills his obsession with athleticism. Raji was a consideration but is not flashy enough for Al.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars, Jeremy Maclin, WR, Miss

I hate the idea of having 2 WR's in the top 10 because of the dropoff in WR's from last years draft, but Maclin really lucks out here because the Jags may have the worst WR core in some time.

9. Green Bay Packers, B.J. Raji, DT, BC

Green Bay gets a steal here as they address need and get the best player available. Pickett is their nose but dosnt have experience in a 3-4.

10. San Francisco 49ers: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

Toyed with the idea of a DE here but we all know the saying new regime means a new QB...Sanchez's stock is soaring right now.

11. Buffalo Bills: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

As much as I hate the idea of Dennasley rushing the QB I just do not think there is great value at DE at pick 11 to stop in and contribute right away. I think a healthy return of Schobel as well as a bulked up Chris Ellis and a 2nd/3rd round DE as Well as Denney should be enough. Look for Oher to step in and contribute at LG which scouts say may be his natural and best position (he played on the interior of the OL as a freshman). Oher has great athleticism and strength and could serve as insurance at LT if Jason Peters goes awol.

12. Denver Broncos: Everette Brown, DE, FSU

The Broncos need pass rush help and with Sanchez off the baord Brown stops in as a 3-4 OLB.

13. Washington Redskins: William Beatty, OT, uconn

The skins desperatly need a OT and the run on OL has offically begun. The NFL is all about trends and although Beatty may be a reach look at how many OT's produced in last season's draft.

14. New Orleans Saints: Aaron Maybin, DE, PSU

Maybin stops in as a situational pass rusher for Gregg Williams attacking defensive style.

15. Houston Texans: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

Tough, versatile OLB who stops in and fills a need for the Texans defense which adds another playmaker.

16. San Diego Chargers: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

Jackson is a perfect fit for the Chargers 3-4 scheme. Although he isn't an elite pass rusher he is very stout against the run.

17. New York Jets: Darrius Heyward Bey, WR, Maryland

The Jets fill the void left by Coles and get a nice combo of size and Speed in Bey. Harvin is also an option here but with his character and durability issues Heyward Bey is the logical option.

18. Denver Broncos: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

Denver address a weak defense once again and lands a starting ILB in Maualuga who is big and tough but I believe over prusits too much and takes himself out of plays.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaners: Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

Do you really think Leftwich is going to be their starter? I dont Leftwich is back up material and Freeman cashes in on Sanchez's rising stock.

20. Detroit Lions: Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

The Lions follow the mold of ATL get your franchise QB and then protect him. Although knowing the Lions it will somehow backfire.

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Chris Wells, RB, OSU

Wells stops in as a big brusing change of pace back who will be mentored by Westbrook and take over as the eventual starter. I recently heard Westbrook in an interview on moving the chains and when he was asked how he would take to a RB being drafted his response was: "He would accept it with open arm's I cant run for ever"

22. Minnesota Vikings: Peria Jerry, DT< Ole Miss

The williams are getting up in age and the Vikes select Jerry who is an ideal fit in a 4-3 d with quickness and strength. Jerry will also benefit getting a yr. to get his body in ideal NFL condition. Scouts say he could use a yr. in the weight room.

23. New England Patriots: Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

Hard worker will thrive in Bellicheck's system and fills a need for the Pats...He went from walk on to possible first rounder. Sounds like he will fit the pats mold perfectly.

24. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK st.

ATL gets great value here and could have a lethal offense with the addition of Pettigrew who will help Matt Ryan and my boy Roddy White.

25. Miami Dolphins: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

Some character question marks but with 110 arrests of DB's since 2000 more than any other position who cares? its a crap shoot anyways. Davis is a playmaker

26. Baltimore Ravens: Percy Harvin, WR, UF

The Ravens add a playmaker for a young QB. Plus Mason is 48 yrs old and Harvin is a top 15 talent.

27. Indianapolis Colts: James Laurinatis, ILB, OSU

Laurinaitis is a wild card and would have been better off doing what I always say "take the guaranteed 1st round money" Are you listening Taylor Mays? Colts get an instinctive LB here.

28. Philadelphia Eagles: Robert Ayers, DE, Tenn

I'm not very high on Ayers but Mike Mayock is. I'm a student who makes an hourly wage, Mayock is on salary from NFL Network. Enough said Eagles fill a void and get a steal here.

29. New York Giants: Clint Sintim, OLB, Virgina

Other possible selection WR Kenny Britt

30. Tennessee Titans: Darius Butler, CB, Uconn

Nick Harper is 35 and Carr is gone so they lack depth. Butler has elite speed and can serve as a return man to replace carr in that facet as well

31. Arizona Cardinals: Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA

Great Value at 31.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alex Mack, C, Cal

Bills draft:

Round 1 pick 11: OT Micheal Oher: Ole Miss

Round 2 pick 42: DT Evander "Ziggy" Hood: Missou

Round 3 pick 75: DE Laurence Sidbury Jr.: Richmond

Round 4 pick 110: TE Cornelius Ingram: UF

Round 5 pick 147: OLB Zack Follett: Cal

Round 6 pick 183: SS Otis Wiley: Michigan St

Round 7 Pick 220: RB Javarris Williams: Tenn. St.

BTW I know my spelling is sub par

I thought you did a good job with everyone's draft except for ours. There are a lot of Mathews fans on this board though that like the Pats pick.

Btw, I could see the Raiders taking Maclin, Radji, or Orakpo. Maybe even Andre Smith if Cincinnati passes on him. Who knows with crazy Al.

The Beatty pick surprised me a little. I thought it was a little high but you are right. There very well may be an early run on Tackles because of their recent success in last years draft.

Btw, I looked at your Bills picks and will say that is a pretty good coupe for one day.

Round 3 pick 75: DE Laurence Sidbury Jr.: Richmond . Stay away from him, he is already a Patriot at pick 58. :} kidding} He is on a lot of people's radar around here and for good reason.

Good luck with your draft. I think this is the year that Lee Evans breaks out of his 1 great game every 4 starts mode and strings together some consecutive 100+yard games.

I thought you did a good job with everyone's draft except for ours. There are a lot of Mathews fans on this board though that like the Pats pick.

Btw, I could see the Raiders taking Maclin, Radji, or Orakpo. Maybe even Andre Smith if Cincinnati passes on him. Who knows with crazy Al.

The Beatty pick surprised me a little. I thought it was a little high but you are right. There very well may be an early run on Tackles because of their recent success in last years draft.

Btw, I looked at your Bills picks and will say that is a pretty good coupe for one day.

Round 3 pick 75: DE Laurence Sidbury Jr.: Richmond . Stay away from him, he is already a Patriot at pick 58. :} kidding} He is on a lot of people's radar around here and for good reason.

Good luck with your draft. I think this is the year that Lee Evans breaks out of his 1 great game every 4 starts mode and strings together some consecutive 100+yard games.

Thanks for the feedback! And you are right about Sidbury...It might be wishful thinking on my part saying he will last until pick 75

In regards to Evans hoping it happens TO should help and if they would add a legit TE it would help also

Is the no Malcolm Jenkins part intentional or did you forget about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back