PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast IX: Percy Harvin released by Jests 3/10 (update: signed by Bills)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark my words, if Harvin visits, he's not leaving without a contract offer. He's everything that Belichick likes in a skill position guy.

Money would be the big question. I don't want him getting big money with their defensive needs.

Mark my words, if Harvin visits, he's not leaving without a contract offer. He's everything that Belichick likes in a skill position guy.

I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea of bringing him in, assuming two things:

1) His head is on straight. I actually think this is likely, as he has a chance to have one great year with a great quarterback. Then he can go make his big money elsewhere and lose his mind again if he wants.

2) The number is fairly low, with some protection for the Pats.

Assuming both those things, I could see him filling a role similar to what Hernandez had his last year here, lining up outside, inside, and in the backfield.

Assuming both those things, I could see him filling a role similar to what Hernandez had his last year here, shooting people outside the club, inside the cliub, and in the back of the head.

Fixed that for you.

Harvin still thinks he's great. And wants to get paid as such. If we thought Revis was greedy, Harvin is even worse.

Saw this on twitter

Rex Ryan tells @TSN1050Radio that Percy Harvin will visit New England after his stop in Buffalo today. @ProFootballTalk

Amazing that he's giving the Bills serious thought. I mean, there's nothing like considering catching passes from Matt Cassel or EJ Manual.

This guy is too stupid to be a Patriot.

Amazing that he's giving the Bills serious thought. I mean, there's nothing like considering catching passes from Matt Cassel or EJ Manual.

Money talks bro

Money would be the big question. I don't want him getting big money with their defensive needs.

I go back to what Rapoport tweeted the other day that there was a good chance NE was his spot.

FWIW Mike Reiss (in his weekly chat) says his gut feeling is that Harvin will NOT be signed by NE.

Did he give a reason?
Money or fit on team?

I believe NEM also felt Mike Riess' gut and concurred.

I think Belichick wants Harvin had wanted him In the draft is enamored with his skill set.
I think we offer 5 Million a season and that gets it done 2 or 3 year deal.

If we sign him, I wouldn't want him to return kickoffs until the playoffs (or just in key moments throughout the season)

FWIW Mike Reiss (in his weekly chat) says his gut feeling is that Harvin will NOT be signed by NE.

He has always been rumored with us ect...i just don't know what he wants..probably more then what i would want to pay him

the bills will offer more money this year but the pats can offer a one year deal to play in a big market with a great QB if he has a good season here he makes bank next year from some other team. that's only reason why he may just pick the pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST