PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we feel sorry for Jets fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys so obsessed with the Jets? I mean if we are so bad then why even waste a minute of your time thinking about us? Why not think about the Colts, the team that beat you last year and then won the superbowl. Hasn't the Colts offense just put up tons of points and yards on you in recent years? Can we start some threads about this? I remember how upset all of you were, I guess it makes you feel better to put down someone else.

I don't know. It could be that we are playing them this week? Just a wild guess on my part.:eek:

Maybe next week we will be "obsessed" with the Chargers?

Some of these Jets fans aren't the brightest lights on Broadway.

Mangold:

"Why are you guys so obsessed with the Jets? I mean if we are so bad then why even waste a minute of your time thinking about us? Why not think about the Colts, the team that beat you last year and then won the superbowl. Hasn't the Colts offense just put up tons of points and yards on you in recent years? Can we start some threads about this? I remember how upset all of you were, I guess it makes you feel better to put down someone else."

I don't know. It could be that we are playing them this week? Just a wild guess on my part.:eek:

Maybe next week we will be "obsessed" with the Chargers?

Some of these Jets fans aren't the brightest lights on Broadway.

C-L-A-S-S-I-C. LOL!
:D

:rocker: I love threads about threads. And I'm glad they appreciate our appreciation of everything that is Frank Moga here.

The only reason to go there is to read the latest pronouncemnets of Professor Moga. Moga puts a grin on my face every time!

BTW, Patsnutme, in New York, "Arrogant *****" means they admire you.

The only reason to go there is to read the latest pronouncemnets of Professor Moga. Moga puts a grin on my face every time!

BTW, Patsnutme, in New York, "Arrogant *****" means they admire you.

I consider it a compliment.:cool:

:rocker: I love threads about threads. And I'm glad they appreciate our appreciation of everything that is Frank Moga here.

I wonder if we will get our annual visit from Franklin Moga III, MD* (new this year).

It won't seem the same unless we do.

Sorry NEBG, homerism has nothing to do with what I said. Take it anyway you want.

I admire what the Jets did last year, came out of nowhere to make the playoffs with a new coach, but they have not shown me much this preseason at all, so if they win, I'll consider it a fluke.

And, if they do win, so be it. Any given Sunday or some crap like that, right? AND, to say a loss will bother me more than the Yankees blowing a 3-0 series lead and not go to the World Series bothered you is homerism to the Nth degree on your part. How can you compare a regular season loss in football to blowing the ALCS and not going to the World Series?

Nope, just like apples to hand grenades.

Actually G, we agree. If you read my post again, I said that you can't compare the ALCS to week 1 of an NFL game. In any case, we both will take somewhat of a homer approach with our teams.

The whole purpose of me commenting in this thread is that even though tongue in cheeck, the start of this post clearly points to the disrespect going on here. We're all fans, and we're going to root hard for our teams. But, it really doesn't need to get to the ugly level that it has so often.

The Pats have had a great run, no doubt. The funny thing is that the two teams have so much history and so much swapping of personnel and coaches, it could have gone the other way. Of course, it hasn't, and you all are getting to have the fun with it. I wonder if it had been the other way around, if Jets fans would have acted the same way. Unfortunately, I think the answer is probably yes. Although, I would not have been one of those whooping it up at some other fan bases expense. I've been a Yankees fan my whole life, obviously spoiled in the '90s. I have a bunch of friends that are Sox fans. I've always had fun with them, never letting it get ugly. I was the first to congratulate them when the Sox beat the Yanks and then won the WS. I wonder how considerate you all will be when the Jets are on top.

NEBG,
Excellent points all around. I guess my opinion of other teams fans is based on interactions with fans and although you never want to paint with a broad brush, I find myself doing this.

Iv'e had Patriots season tickets twice, from 86 through 91 and 95 through 98. During both of those times, I had run ins with Jet fans at Patriot games that were less than cordial. I recall one guy busting balls about how you guys stole Parcells from us and as a result, you were going to the Super Bowl, which almost happened, but not quite.

As a Yankee fan, you have every right to be arrogant towards Red Sox fans, we were a pathetic bunch as 78, 86, and throughout the mid 90's till 2003 point out. The fact that you are not is a lesson learned to be honest, you had every right to, especially after game 7 in 2003.

Thanks for the conversation and for the education as well, lesson learned..................

Thanks Double G. I hope the game is competitive on Sunday and that both teams have a good season. It's always more fun when both the Jets and Pats are in the hunt.

They do this to their children thinking it will help them win.

PH2006100101060.jpg

But, the kid's face says it's not working.

jetsfan.jpg

"God, why is it always the agony of defeat?"

I think that we are a compassionate group.

I think you're posting to the wrong message board. Did you see the responses in the "Congratulations Colts" thread? Half the people strongly prefer we be classless, much less compassionate.

I think you're posting to the wrong message board. Did you see the responses in the "Congratulations Colts" thread? Half the people strongly prefer we be classless, much less compassionate.

Which is a good thing!:rocker:

Why are you guys so obsessed with the Jets? I mean if we are so bad then why even waste a minute of your time thinking about us? Why not think about the Colts, the team that beat you last year and then won the superbowl. Hasn't the Colts offense just put up tons of points and yards on you in recent years? Can we start some threads about this? I remember how upset all of you were, I guess it makes you feel better to put down someone else.

Personally, I don't think about the Jets much at all.
Only the weeks when we play them.

Secondly, all I have to say is...

Moga! Moga! Moga!

Attachments

• 6002_0082.jpg
    6002_0082.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 36
6cyxn2p.jpg

Jersey $80. Torch $10. Pink bracelet $5. Summer Special Education classes $500. Acting like a total idiot in front of other total idiots, priceless.

The Patriots are 6-0 at the Jets home field since Tom Brady has been the starting QB. Lets make it 7-0 and I still won't feel sorry for Jets fans.

The Patriots are 6-0 at the Jets home field since Tom Brady has been the starting QB. Lets make it 7-0 and I still won't feel sorry for Jets fans.

Good. We dont need or want you're sympathy, although we would LOVE a W on Sunday while you're giving stuff away. :cool: :D

I will feel some pity for the Jets after we dismantle them on opening night. But after that, it's just the sweet afterglow of victory baby! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back