PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Should pats be worried about moss?" Latest ESPN debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFT raising similar point: Moss dinged up?

He didn't look too dinged up when he sailed past those two DBs for that ball in the 1st quarter that got stuck in the air. But who knows?

I'm psyched that he doesn't collapse crying in the shower after he gets treated like Jodie Foster in "The Accused" every goddamn game.

what has moss done to make any one worry? All ive sceen from his is makeing plays 99% of the time when we needed him too, and when he's not making plays, is almost always the first one to celibrate someone else making the play, wether is jumping up to hug the guy, or just clapping on the side line.

everyone wants to make Randy Moss the bad guy, but really he is pretty much the reason (along with brady) why we can say the pats are 12-0. Give the guy a freaking break.....plus that suit he was wearing post game was mad nice.

Why does anyone give credence to circulation boosting faux news from espn, PFT and their ilk?

Moss hasn't showed much this year. I'm worried. Would like to see more production.

Moss hasn't showed much this year. I'm worried. Would like to see more production.

im gonna go ahead and asume that was a sacrasitc comment

Sivy said:
chunga said:
Ya think?!?

what has moss done to make any one worry? All ive sceen from his is makeing plays 99% of the time when we needed him too, and when he's not making plays, is almost always the first one to celibrate someone else making the play, wether is jumping up to hug the guy, or just clapping on the side line.

everyone wants to make Randy Moss the bad guy, but really he is pretty much the reason (along with brady) why we can say the pats are 12-0. Give the guy a freaking break.....plus that suit he was wearing post game was mad nice.

The suit was an obvious homage to the refs.

I think the decline in his numbers as the season is wearing on is simply a result of our opponents number one goal: find a way to shut Moss down. They've been able to do that more lately than in the first half+ of the season.

One thing that really impresses me is how he does not give in to his emotions on the field. There are times I would have expected him to freak on the ref for some of those bogus calls...but he just hands them the ball and trots back to the line.

I think the decline in his numbers as the season is wearing on is simply a result of our opponents number one goal: find a way to shut Moss down. They've been able to do that more lately than in the first half+ of the season.

One thing that really impresses me is how he does not give in to his emotions on the field. There are times I would have expected him to freak on the ref for some of those bogus calls...but he just hands them the ball and trots back to the line.

i agree, and im hoping the more teams find away to shut down moss, the more other teams will think he lost a step and let up on him thinking their best def. player can cover Moss one on one, then Moss Hulks up and shows them the deal. Also, I think Randy Moss and Tom Brady seem to have devloped a pretty good friendship, I know thats kind of off topic, but still, its nice to see.

I've never seen such agonizing over a pair of wins.

First they complain that we are scoring too much, and that this will be a problem because we are getting used to tough games.

So we play some close games and win, and now people are complaining that we barely win and have to come from behind to do so.

We are in trouble because we barely won two close games against teams with good defenses. This means the Steelers, who lost games to the Broncos, Cards and Jets, are going to beat us because ... err... why is that, exactly?

I've never seen such agonizing over a pair of wins.

First they complain that we are scoring too much, and that this will be a problem because we are getting used to tough games.

So we play some close games and win, and now people are complaining that we barely win and have to come from behind to do so.

We are in trouble because we barely won two close games against teams with good defenses. This means the Steelers, who lost games to the Broncos, Cards and Jets, are going to beat us because ... err... why is that, exactly?

Man, im posting alot...oh well

but I agree, its crazy when they say we ALMOST lost, and hardly WON, who cares, WON, the patriots WON the game, it doesnt matter how close it was, and as far as the steelers go, they are OVER RATED in every way a team can be.

He looked fine to me on that bomb were he glided past double coverage by 5 yards only to have the wind hold up the throw and result in an incompletion.

Last edited:
I agree that Moss is fine. He has dropped a few balls, Brady has underthrown him a few times, and there have been some bogus OPI calls that have translated to lower production. Teams are also trying everything they can to take him away, and since we don't run the ball, there is constantly a safety shadowing him.

As the poster above said, the play in the Ravens game where Moss was running downfield and then suddenly turned on the gas and flew by Ed Reed and McAllister is all that I needed to see to know that Moss is fine.

It is flattering to say that any slow down in Moss' production must mean that he is injured though...

Last edited:
ESPN is seriously considering changing the name of the show. Initially they were going to rename it, "Throw Crap at the Wall and See What Sticks" but eventually cooler heads prevailed when someone pointed out that none of the points they make on that show are "cohesive" so they are just going to run with, "Throw Crap at the Wall."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes