PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Goodell apologize to the Pats?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also believe that goodell made a mistake, and should admit it, but he will not...he is too weak to do so...and he will bring down the NFL to a laughingstock if he did...

justice would be served, but only for Pats fans, no one else cares, and hence he will take 31 over 1, even if that 1 can destroy the rest 31 with their eyes cloesd and hands tied behind their backs...

but thats OK, i dont like losing a 1st round draft pick, but if that is wut we need to pay to have a 19-0 season, its fine with me...even better though, after we go 19-0, THEN he can give us the pick back...that would true justice

I disagree Sir. He made a grave mistake. why should he not correct it when he has the chance to still render *real* Justice?

You're projecting your opinion. He made a grave mistake. That's YOUR opinion. And it's ludicrous to ask here because this isn't exactly an impartial forum.

Why should he not correct this mistake? Why indeed! Because the information he has now is the same as when he made it, most likely. He made it on purpose, why reverse it now? He should reverse it to stop the patriots from "beating up the league", in order to save it? Is that supposed to make sense? The pats will promise to stop playing hard if they get their draft pick back? Why would that help the league?

Can you imagine the firestorm? Of course not. He would be "redressing a wrong". OK. Sure. Don't hold your breath.

The only apology that would mend be suitable would include goodell agreeing to a year of this :
pineappel.jpg

Then again , he is actually getting the equivalent of that currently with the way pats are playing :D

How about taking the JETS pick and giving it to PATS? Obviously Jets pick is likely to be in the top 10 or even 5??? :D (LOL)

That is not Justice. All the Jets did was foolishly expose a practice that was widespread throughout the NF (including themselves appparently). The Pats are guilty of a rule violation. They were punished as if they were wholesale cheaters and that's the way the world reacted. That is Goodell's fault. He should correct this injustice.

This is one of the silliest threads I've ever read here. The patriots broke a rule. The commissioner decided the penalty after hearing their side of the story. They did not deny their action. Was his punishment ridiculous? Sure. But, it is what it is. It's not going to change. There's not exactly a hew and cry that it was too much. In fact most of the football watching universe thinks we got off too lightly.

Everyone seems to think the Pats are playing with such a vengeance because of this video thing, but that's only a thin veneer of a justification.

The real reason they are doing this is for that one moment, after the Super Bowl is over, when Darth Goodell must face these Patriot Jedi knights on their own terms, receiving a measure of revenge and justice that will most assuredly be theirs for the massive Ef up this clown publicly humiliated this team with.

I think it will be the most intense moment on TV in quite a while, and ought to be a ratings record that won't be broken for a long time.

Much like most all of the records this team will set this year.

This is one of the silliest threads I've ever read here.

true , but I do not think that anyone here is really taking this thread to serious ..I know I am not.. just some late nite comedy

This is one of the silliest threads I've ever read here. The patriots broke a rule. The commissioner decided the penalty after hearing their side of the story. They did not deny their action. Was his punishment ridiculous? Sure. But, it is what it is. It's not going to change. There's not exactly a hew and cry that it was too much. In fact most of the football watching universe thinks we got off too lightly.

They feel this way because he fed the fire of the mob through his unjust, inappropriate decision. If he had taken away a 4th round pick would that have produced the witchhunt that followed his real decsion?

well, ok. :) as long as no one takes it seriously.

Then yes, we'll get our first rounder back, and a sandwich pick for the aggravation. also, we'll get to pick 2 players off the jets roster.

You're projecting your opinion. He made a grave mistake. That's YOUR opinion. And it's ludicrous to ask here because this isn't exactly an impartial forum.

Where am I supposed to post my opinion? Is there a web site for the Hague? The Vatican perhaps?

Why should he not correct this mistake? Why indeed! Because the information he has now is the same as when he made it, most likely. He made it on purpose, why reverse it now?

Because it is best to foster Justice rather than Injustice. Do you think that it was wrong of the US to apologize for locking up 500K Japanese-American citizens in concentration camps even though they were completely innocent?

Can you imagine the firestorm? Of course not. He would be "redressing a wrong". OK. Sure. Don't hold your breath.

We Sir have experienced a "Firestorm" already. We do not fear another.

He should reverse it to stop the patriots from "beating up the league", in order to save it? Is that supposed to make sense? The pats will promise to stop playing hard if they get their draft pick back? Why would that help the league?

What other redress to Justice do they have?

Last edited:
Where am I supposed to post my opinion? Is there a web site for the Hague? The Vatican perhaps?

ecause it is best to foster Justice rather than Injustice. Do you think that it was wrong of the US to apologize for locking up 500K Japanese-American citizens in concentration camps even though they were completely innocent?

We Sir have experienced a "Firestorm" already. We do not fear another.

What other redress to Justice do they have?

This is too much. What I mean by projecting is that you ASSUME that others outside of the patriots share your opinion. THEY DON'T. NOT AT ALL. IT'S LUDICROUS.

It would be like a JEts or Colts fan saying "should Goddell make NE forfeit all their games this season for cheating? I think they should. AFter all justice delayed is better than no justice at all!".

Are you a clown? YOU THINK THE PENALTY was too much. Others who aren't pats fans don't. So it's stupid to ask pats fans. And it's not going to happen anyway. So it's a stupid question.

Goddell not apologizing would be like the US not apologizing for interning the japanese. Well, maybe IF YOU ASSUME GODDELL WAS WRONG, WHICH YOU ARE, but NOONE ELSE IS. Everyone pretty much agrees locking up Japs was wrong....NO ONE (except you and possibly other pats fans) feels that way about the goddell decision. Do you not see this?

Why don't you make it your personal crusade, give speeches around the country until all others see the error of their ways! That'll show 'em!

And what I meant by firestorm is that others in the LEAGUE don't want the pats getting their pick back. "We have been through a firestorm already...". Brilliant sophistry. OK, you win. In your opinion they should get the pick back. And an apology. And a backrub from Goddell. But it isn't going to happen. Other teams would throw a fit, and goddell wouldn't want that.

You "wouldn't fear it"....no, why would you? Goddell might fear it, as he wants to keep his job. Also he most likely thinks he would have no reason to do what you wanted. Your thoughts are not his.

no apologies needed, i love whats happening right now... the hate, the drama, the us against the world mentality, and the killer instinct... it is what it is... go pats

And one more thing. You should be beaten for your insufferable idiocy.

Goddell not apologizing would be like the US not apologizing for interning the japanese. Well, maybe IF YOU ASSUME GODDELL WAS WRONG, WHICH YOU ARE, but NOONE ELSE IS.

Am I supposed to take your word that this is ttrue McBee? Couldn't it be that perhaps you are a little bit prejudiced yourself? Consider the following quote from another poster concerning a notorious witch hunter:

"Easterbrook begins by stating that "The fact that I don't even need to tell you which team represents Good and which stands for Evil says a lot about how low New England has sunk. You knew instantly which was which, didn't you?" Any discerning reader would know which adjective applied to which team, but not because of reality; because of perception"

Goodell created that perception. Why is it so wrong to ask him to redress the wrong that *he* created?

Last edited:
This is too much. What I mean by projecting is that you ASSUME that others outside of the patriots share your opinion. THEY DON'T. NOT AT ALL. IT'S LUDICROUS.

It would be like a JEts or Colts fan saying "should Goddell make NE forfeit all their games this season for cheating? I think they should. AFter all justice delayed is better than no justice at all!".

Are you a clown? YOU THINK THE PENALTY was too much. Others who aren't pats fans don't. So it's stupid to ask pats fans. And it's not going to happen anyway. So it's a stupid question.

Goddell not apologizing would be like the US not apologizing for interning the japanese. Well, maybe IF YOU ASSUME GODDELL WAS WRONG, WHICH YOU ARE, but NOONE ELSE IS. Everyone pretty much agrees locking up Japs was wrong....NO ONE (except you and possibly other pats fans) feels that way about the goddell decision. Do you not see this?

Why don't you make it your personal crusade, give speeches around the country until all others see the error of their ways! That'll show 'em!

The Japs? That's nice.

So a camera on the sideline is equal to the way the Japanese people were treated in WW11?

I think his point is that Goddell over reacted.

I can't imagine why Jets and Colts fans would not agree with Goddells over reaction. Some Jets fans believe the Patriots were not punished enough. Perhaps the Patriots should have had all of their draft choices taken away.

Belichick made a mistake and then Goddell made a bigger mistake.

Now the league will pay for Goddell's mistake. You can enjoy it, or you can STFU. Either way, you will get no pity from me. No matter what anyone's opinion is.

The Japs? That's nice.
So a camera on the sideline is equal to the way the Japanese people were treated in WW11?

Nobut the hysterical witch hunt that follwed the pats transgression was earily similar in kind if not in intensity.

Now the league will pay for Goddell's mistake. You can enjoy it, or you can STFU. Either way, you will get no pity from me. No matter what anyone's opinion

I for one will sleep peacefully tonight secure in the knowledge that my opinion means nothing to you.

Am I supposed to take your word that this is ttrue McBee? Couldn't it be that perhaps you are a little bit prejudiced yourself? Consider the following quote from another poster concerning a notorious witch hunter:

"Easterbrook begins by stating that "The fact that I don't even need to tell you which team represents Good and which stands for Evil says a lot about how low New England has sunk. You knew instantly which was which, didn't you?" Any discerning reader would know which adjective applied to which team, but not because of reality; because of perception"

Goodell created that perception. Why is it so wrong to ask him to redress the wrong that *he* created?

I guess you can ask. But since he doesn't feel that way, it would be kind of ludicrous. He would say the Pats brought it all on themselves. That's where you disagree. But what's the point of preaching to the choir?

The Japs? That's nice.

I think his point is that Goddell over reacted.

I can't imagine why Jets and Colts fans would not agree with Goddells over reaction. Some Jets fans believe the Patriots were not punished enough. Perhaps the Patriots should have had all of their draft choices taken away.

Belichick made a mistake and then Goddell made a bigger mistake.

Now the league will pay for Goddell's mistake. You can enjoy it, or you can STFU. Either way, you will get no pity from me. No matter what anyone's opinion is.

I don't ask for "pity". Bizarre comment.

HIS analogy was that the Pats getting draft picks taken was an injustice. And he referenced the injustice of the Japanese internment. Not my analogy. I think it's a little offbase, but whatever. He is the commissioner and felt the pats broke the rules. AS far as I know, he hasn't changed his mind and is extremely unlikely to do so. So "should we ask him to apologize"? Is just about the stupidest question ever.

It would be like the US asking the Japanese Americans to apologize for having to be locked up and asking them to pay for their room and board....to carry on with his idiotic analogy.

Goodell should apologize to the league for helping to fuel the fire the Pats have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News