PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Goodell apologize to the Pats?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
..and return their number 1 draft pick? That is the only way the humiliation of the NFL by the Pats is going to cease. Tomorrow the Pats will blow out their remaining "rival" and there will be nothing between them and a very embarrasing meeting with Goodell handing over the trophy to "cheater" BB at the SB except his submission. In the meantime, every score will be an embarrasment to the NFL . Isn't it better if Goodell admits his mistake now and appeases the monster for the good of the game?

Naah. Goodell awoke the Slumbering Giant. Let him deal with the mess. The Patriots Juggernaut will litter the fields with the bodies of their destroyed enemies. It's a heckuva lotta fun, and even if Goodell apologized... he'd STILL have to hand over the trophy at the end of the year!

Last edited:
Nobut the hysterical witch hunt that follwed the pats transgression was earily similar in kind if not in intensity.

I for one will sleep peacefully tonight secure in the knowledge that my opinion means nothing to you.

I was not talking to you. Unless you have more than 1 Ident here.

Either way.

Patriots 41

Colts 20

EFF EM ALL.

I was not talking to you. Unless you have more than 1 Ident here.

Either way.

Patriots 41

Colts 20

EFF EM ALL.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

And McBee, Goodell or however you spell his Godamn name *caused* a molehill to become a very unpleasant and unjust mountain. Why shouldn't he make the Patriots whole again? Granted he probably didn't anticipate what a "firestorm" his decision would precipitate. Never the less *he* is responsible for the result and he should fix it!

Apologize? No. But if any other team gets caught they should get the same punishment. You guys aren't the only one. Wade Wilson got totally screwed by goodell!

Here is some more from the great Patriots defense blog"

"Finally, as a side note, ESPN.com, on its Page Two, has a variety of despicable taunts directed at Bill Belichick. They include animations of him cheating, a faux Q&A in which the coach comes off less than admirable, and a column comparing Belichick to rap mogul and convicted felon Suge Knight. What's hysterical about this collection is that the comparison to the convicted felon, Suge Knight is truthfully the most flattering.

Where are the voices of sanity? Why doesn't Peter Gammons write on the NFL? The problem with freedom of the press is that ignorant people get a voice and convince others of the validity of their falsehoods."

Note that this crap is *still* going on ( weeks after the alleged violation). When will it end? When Goodell ends it with an apology.

Last edited:

"Finally, as a side note, ESPN.com, on its Page Two, has a variety of despicable taunts directed at Bill Belichick. They include animations of him cheating, a faux Q&A in which the coach comes off less than admirable, and a column comparing Belichick to rap mogul and convicted felon Suge Knight. What's hysterical about this collection is that the comparison to the convicted felon, Suge Knight is truthfully the most flattering.

Where are the voices of sanity? Why doesn't Peter Gammons write on the NFL? The problem with freedom of the press is that ignorant people get a voice and convince others of the validity of their falsehoods."

Note that this crap is *still* going on ( weeks after the alleged violation). When will it end? When Goodell ends it with an apology.

It is a Black Mark. AN * if you will.

It is mistake that has not been forgiven.

A mistake that the average NFL FAN SHOULD NEVER KNOW ABOUT.

It is something Kraft should be screaming about. A mistake that cannot be taken back.

Belichick is pi$$ed.

kraft should be shown as his true self, not as an owner of a club that cheated, as should the pats players, coach, and fans...

i wouldnt not mind it one bit for an apology, actualy, i would like it BETTER, if BB had made all the proof of other teams public, so that Goodell had no CHOICE but to go after them as well....

then TAHT would be justice, let us see those calling us cheaters come out to play

It is idiocy, it is a distraction. I don't think Goddell's apology would "end" it, it would drive the media and other teams into a frenzy as they would see it as unwarranted. So you think the media coverage is bad now? An apology would make said coverage worse.

It WOULD be good if Goddell spelled out exactly what is and isn't legal and the context for what BB did, ie, it's legal to tape from other parts on the field but not on the field, so it's really a minor violation....but it's too late now.

And he's not going to apologize anyway.

OK...it's gametime anyway. Thanks for the dance.

Belichick made a mistake. Then Goodell made a bigger mistake. I don't want him to apologize. I am enjoying this to much.

Agreed. The excessively punitive and borderline facist discipline of big brother Goodell, coupled with the media's discounting of everything the Pats have ever accomplished, all had to happen. We entered this season with the potential, on paper, to be an all time great team. The stars just had to allign to make it happen. The stars alligned during that Jets game when Belichick's camera boy was found sneaking around the bench.

A Goodell apology/retraction would ruin the dogma that has driven Belichick to mad scientist mode. Without cameragate, we have no vendetta, no reason to destroy each team we face, scorch their land, and wave the finger as we dance away.

I hope the media continues to hate, and Goodell continues to watch closely. He awakened this monster.

No

ten chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing