Welcome to PatsFans.com

Short Reiss article on Gaffney

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

I haven't seen anything posted on this, so I figured I'd share.This article also includes some notes on Fernando Bryant and the draft, but here was the money quote for me:

Glad to have him aboard. Now I just hope they can reach a deal to keep that Flying Elvis on his helmet long-term. :rocker:

2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

It seems that the Pats front office have a pretty good working relationship with Rosenhaus given the number of clients he has on the team and the lack of contentiousness in negotiations (at least publicly)......

3. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +335 / 5 / -1

Quite a deal for the Pats. I have to think he could've gotten a lot more on the open market.

It's really a perfect fit for the Pats. Gaffney is a very solid #3, and in the case of injury to W***ker (I didn't want to type it out...losing him for any time would seem unimaginable now), he can perform as a backup slot receiver. The best part is, if and when Chad Jackson emerges into a star, we know Gaffney will still be able to make the most of his snap as a #4, and the price is right, too.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,032 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I love Gaffney. I always have since his days with the Gators (my college football team). He doesn't have incredible speed but he makes up for that by being a surgeon on the football field when it comes to route running and getting open. He also makes the biggest catches when we need him to (against the Colts in the AFCCG and against the Ravens this year).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  5. The 12th Man

The 12th Man On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hmm... Interesting how "the middle" is perceived here as a 1 year. Looks to me like the Pats got what they wanted and not what Gaffney preffered.

6. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 20 / -10

#3 Jersey

Yeah, but how often does a guy get a $1.2M deal where $500K is guaranteed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.