PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi's FA WRs: Or if we replace Gaffney, with whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of reclaiming troubled children, how about Jerry Porter?

He put up good numbers in Oakland when paired with Moss.

He fits the WR MO perfectly, self-delusional, malcontent, bad attitude, etc. but I like his upside as a 3rd WR on a very cheap contract.
Or he could be the second coming of Doug Gabriel.

Or he could be the second coming of Doug Gabriel.

Remember when he dropped the ball and ran into the goal post, that was great. Those were the days...

Right now WR is possibly the last area we need to put our bucks into (aside from QB of course lol). Bring back general Patten or resign Gaffney cheap.

Right now WR is possibly the last area we need to put our bucks into (aside from QB of course lol). Bring back general Patten or resign Gaffney cheap.

I see a hole at 3rd WR, I think Porter will be in the same general ballpark as Gaffney (close to veteran minimum). Patten? That shipped sailed.

The only guy on that list I'd be interested in is Nate Washington. He would be the perfect compliment to Moss. Antonio Bryant had a couple of monster games last season but games like those are not common in his career. Plus he's a basketcase.

I wouldn't mind keeping Gaffney. I think people around here put way too much stock in the fact that he dropped a couple of passes this year (including what would have been the game winner v.s. the Colts). He's usually a very solid contributor and has a good rapport with Brady. Gaffney is the number two WR is not a bad option at all.

Nate Washington is quite a threat, I thought he was one of the most underrated players for the Steelers this season. Of course it helps he went to high school in Toledo which is where I'm from :). I think he might land a big contract somewhere though, as for Porter no way! he would be a complete bust and his attitude wouldn't help much. I would take Gaffney over Porter in a heartbeat.

Nate Washington is quite a threat, I thought he was one of the most underrated players for the Steelers this season. Of course it helps he went to high school in Toledo which is where I'm from :). I think he might land a big contract somewhere though, as for Porter no way! he would be a complete bust and his attitude wouldn't help much. I would take Gaffney over Porter in a heartbeat.

Indeed. I wouldn't take Porter even if he signed with us for $1/season. Horrible attitude and way too injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News