Welcome to PatsFans.com

Seymour

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Iron Helmet, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron Helmet

Iron Helmet On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The majority of the McGahee runs last night were right at Seymour. Ogden was man handling him, getting McGahee to the next level untouched. Bruschi is not the classic thumper, and tends to hit and get dragged. Result: 30 carries for 138.

2. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Is there anyone in the league that Ogden doesn't manhandle?

3. patsgo

patsgo Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

the defense has gone down hill since his return id put green back

4. Bertil

Bertil Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didn't Seymour play inside when the Pats were in the 4-3? Wright and Jarvis alternated at DE in that alignment. That is an undoubted mismatch with Ogden (perhaps THE defining LT of his generation). Baltimore was just dominant at that point of attack, for the most part.

5. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I try to rewatch a lot of Seymour's plays to try to get an appreciation for his play. I can't be specific without reviewing them a few more times, but he didn't seem to have a very bad game going up against Ogden. In the first half especially, I though Ogden looked like he got pushed back, and Seymour had a decent pass rush going. There was one particularly bad tackle attempt up the middle, he got alligator arms and went up high, basically just brushing the RB as he ran past. I didn't rewatch any 2nd half plays though, so its entirely possible that you're right and he was overpowered in his 1 on 1 matchup.

The person I thought had an especially bad game was Adalius Thomas. There were a good number of plays where he was in position to set the edge but then got blocked and completely nullified and McGahee just ran right past him and often the person blocking Thomas was the Raven's fullback. I didn't think we'd miss Colvin all that much except to provide depth at ILB, but if Thomas is weak at OLB run support, we'll be in for more rough rides through the winter I think.

6. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ogden is just an immense monster, there aren't any DL/E that he can't manhandle. That said, RS hasn't played like RS yet either.

7. cblesz

cblesz Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Did we blitz at all last night? Our pass rush seems to be a second late all the time...

8. patriotsdynasty12189

patriotsdynasty12189 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah seriously. His arms are like 3 ft long and he weights 350 pounds. Hes strong as an ox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.