Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just figured I would go ahead and start the official thread....:cool:

Patriots4Ever said:
Just figured I would go ahead and start the official thread....:cool:

Its about time. Beisel was a disaster from day one. If he makes this team, he clearly has pics of Belichick.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friggin WASTE of a roster spot if you ask me..Grrr

Jacky Roberts said:
Its about time. Beisel was a disaster from day one. If he makes this team, he clearly has pics of Belichick.

So, by your standards, you and Beisel have much in common. Great to hear.

DaBruinz said:
So, by your standards, you and Beisel have much in common. Great to hear.

Wow...Lol...Honesty is a virtue..

Believe it or not, Monty Beisel still has a good chance to make this roster. A Ster is not a waste of a roster spot. Guss Scott and Tebucky Jones seem headed for IR or the Shadow Roster, unless Tebucky just had a cramp. We've already lost Mitchell to IR and Pass to the PUP list. Clearly, bb thinks we needed a lot of help on ST's; maybe you disagree. bb likes vets on ST's, although Andrews has certainly earned a spot.

I kinda feel sorry for Monty now. I didn't think the coaches would downgrade him so much so fast.

I don't know if he was even in on 1st team ST. I just think its a numbers game with Monty now. We just have more LB's who are productive. I think both Gardner and Alexander are ahead of him. Alexander is better in coverage and special teams. Pierre Woods has shown an ability to get after the passer. I think that makes nine linebackers ahead of Monty. I will be shocked if he's not cut.

The problem I have with cutting Beisel, there is no other "young" player in development for ILB. I can see Beisel's improvement, I agree that he isn't ready to be a starter in this system. He was slowed by Bruschi's injury as well as his own, he has also been affected by TBC's improvement, this has made it easier for Vrabel to slide back inside - our other "young" ILB candidate.

I could cut Beisel if there was any other player available to replace Bruschi, Vrabel, whomever after their retirement. The talent is there, the transition is going slower than we would like, but there are mitigating factors. I'll watch Beisel on the replay today and see what there is to see, but the depth chart at ILB, for the future, is pretty bare without him.

Box_O_Rocks said:
The problem I have with cutting Beisel, there is no other "young" player in development for ILB. I can see Beisel's improvement, I agree that he isn't ready to be a starter in this system. He was slowed by Bruschi's injury as well as his own, he has also been affected by TBC's improvement, this has made it easier for Vrabel to slide back inside - our other "young" ILB candidate.

I could cut Beisel if there was any other player available to replace Bruschi, Vrabel, whomever after their retirement. The talent is there, the transition is going slower than we would like, but there are mitigating factors. I'll watch Beisel on the replay today and see what there is to see, but the depth chart at ILB, for the future, is pretty bare without him.

I agree there. The problem is, is he the guy? He doesn't tackle or shed blockers well.

I'd rather have a guy that wants to hit and needs work than Beisel.

Cut him or don't, I don't care. Our future at ILB is in college or some other team right now.

Not to knock Alexander, Mincey or Woods, BTW. They could be our future. More likely a talent infusion is necessary, IMO.

Last edited:
I had already started a thread on Monty, 2 hours before this one, admitting that I was wrong about him and that he probably won't make the team.

Do we really need another? Why pile on and act as if it something to celebrate?

Monty...we hardly knew ya...

PATSNUTme said:
I had already started a thread on Monty, 2 hours before this one, admitting that I was wrong about him and that he probably won't make the team.

Sorry,Patsnuts..I totally didnt consider that.My Apologies Bud.

Count me in as being wrong about Beisel. I really thought he was improving. Oh well, shows what I know!! Good Luck to you Monty, hope things work out for you.

I think this speculation is off target, and Beisel will make the roster as a good old fashioned second string ILB.

PATSNUTme said:

I really looked around PATSNUT and can't find any Monty Biesel threads or I would have added my comment to that, as I'm with you on trying to keep the board clean and simple - but it doesn't look like its on the first or second page

I REALLY wanted to be wrong about Biesel as well and decided to give him a break (forget about his I'm a PR guy outburst last year etc and give him a fresh start)

But - save for lack of depth at LB - there's just no way he should make this team

JoeSixPat said:
I really looked around PATSNUT and can't find any Monty Biesel threads or I would have added my comment to that, as I'm with you on trying to keep the board clean and simple - but it doesn't look like its on the first or second page

I REALLY wanted to be wrong about Biesel as well and decided to give him a break (forget about his I'm a PR guy outburst last year etc and give him a fresh start)

But - save for lack of depth at LB - there's just no way he should make this team

Woot!! Another Nay for Beisel!

Doh! Just saw your post PATSNUT

Here's your problem - Giving a thread the title "Time to "man up" and admit that I was wrong" gives NO ONE, ANY IDEA what the thread is about

So in this case I don't think we can blame anyone for posting a duplicate thread. If anything, try to include something in the thread that actually gives someone an idea of what the topic actually is

Something like - "I'll admit it - I was wrong about Biesel" might be a good way to go

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=39917

JoeSixPat said:
Giving a thread the title "Time to "man up" and admit that I was wrong" gives NO ONE, ANY IDEA what the thread is about

So in this case I don't think we can blame anyone for posting a duplicate thread.

Well said.

But to your comment "But - save for lack of depth at LB - there's just no way he should make this team" I say: Yeah, but isn't there a lack of depth at LB?

Ok guys- I guess my thread should have had a clearer title. I did say that if I was wrong about him, when I was defending him, I would come right out and say it.

so, that's what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back