PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season Tix Holders - A Lighter Topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCB02062

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Took my son to his first game yesterday, and it sucked he saw such a poor performance. But as a former season ticket holder (93-12 only had half seasons from maybe 08-12) I was reminded of how fun it is to have STs. We didn't tailgate. Had my wife drop us off around 11 and son & I hit the HOF, had lunch at Tavollinos, killed time in Jonathan City, then went into the game. Wife picked us up at the end of Washington St in Walpole after the game. Hassle free access/egress.

Anywho, it reminded me of how we the guys in my crew would have names for the people sitting around us in the games. Names usually were born of said person's resemblance to someone famous, and article of clothing, or a particular physical feature. Was wondering if any former/current STHs do the same thing, and if so, who're some of the characters in & around your section.

Here's who sat near us :D
Lou Reed
Mark Messier
Butthead
Saugus Italian-American
Happy Fat Guy
Big Guy
Rock N Roll (had mullet & wore zubazz)
Ron Gollobin
Hot Chrissy
TAB Construction
Ditka
Somerset
Run the Football
;)

Didn't you say before the game that your son was a horrific bad luck charm at live games or did I take too much acid in my early 20's?

That may be a loaded question, actually.

Didn't you say before the game that your son was a horrific bad luck charm at live games or did I take too much acid in my early 20's?

That may be a loaded question, actually.
No, I did say that. I blame the loss squarely on him.:) He gets no snacks or screens for a week! :( No, it is true though, I've taken him to at least 10 different sporting events - Celtics, Red Sox, Revs, Northeastern Basketball & Hockey, and now a Pats game and we've only seen one freaking win - a Revs game 2 summers ago. He even realizes it. I told him if I ever get playoff tickets he's not coming to the game with me:D

No, I did say that. I blame the loss squarely on him.:) He gets no snacks or screens for a week! :( No, it is true though, I've taken him to at least 10 different sporting events - Celtics, Red Sox, Revs, Northeastern Basketball & Hockey, and now a Pats game and we've only seen one freaking win - a Revs game 2 summers ago. He even realizes it. I told him if I ever get playoff tickets he's not coming to the game with me:D
Cripes you should have taken him to Denver - maybe reverse psychology would have worked ;)
Funny story - I have a friend who is a huge Pats fan like me. I used to invite her to my house a lot for games, but more often than not, the Pats would lose. Then, we went to a few games together and again, the Pats would lose (the worst one being the last game of the 2007 season), or it would be a close game with the Pats barely squeaking out a win. So, last Feb. she came into two tickets to the SB and she invited me to go with her. We had a blast and we even talked about the "jinx," joking about it (sort of). You know how that game went. Would you believe that when it appeared that all was lost, she got up to go use the ladies room (leaving me in the seats on the verge of tears), and as soon as she left, Malcolm Butler made the INT. We haven't have a chance to watch any games together this year, but I guess we'd better think twice before we do!

Took my son to his first game yesterday, and it sucked he saw such a poor performance. But as a former season ticket holder (93-12 only had half seasons from maybe 08-12) I was reminded of how fun it is to have STs. We didn't tailgate. Had my wife drop us off around 11 and son & I hit the HOF, had lunch at Tavollinos, killed time in Jonathan City, then went into the game. Wife picked us up at the end of Washington St in Walpole after the game. Hassle free access/egress.

Anywho, it reminded me of how we the guys in my crew would have names for the people sitting around us in the games. Names usually were born of said person's resemblance to someone famous, and article of clothing, or a particular physical feature. Was wondering if any former/current STHs do the same thing, and if so, who're some of the characters in & around your section.

Here's who sat near us :D
Lou Reed
Mark Messier
Butthead
Saugus Italian-American
Happy Fat Guy
Big Guy
Rock N Roll (had mullet & wore zubazz)
Ron Gollobin
Hot Chrissy
TAB Construction
Ditka
Somerset
Run the Football
;)
Can't say that I do that, but I do look for the folks I see every game. Sounds like you were near some interesting fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3