PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season ticket holder/wait list question

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, it's been a long ten years, but I finally got an email from the Pats today saying I could be up to finally come off the wait list next year. My first thought...holy crap that's a lot of dough considering my buddy that I planned on splitting it with now lives in DC. Of course I'm sure I'll end up saying yes. But, as I know a lot of you have been through the process wanted to see how it all works.

1. Can I basically assume I WILL get the call next year, or might it be another couple yrs?

2. If I did say no, then what happens? Would I basically get better seats the next year?

3. How do you move up in regards to how good your seats are?

4. If you put half the season on Patriots ticket exchange will they all sell (assuming I get 300 level seats)?

Thanks guys, as always, for the info you can provide

So, it's been a long ten years, but I finally got an email from the Pats today saying I could be up to finally come off the wait list next year. My first thought...holy crap that's a lot of dough considering my buddy that I planned on splitting it with now lives in DC. Of course I'm sure I'll end up saying yes. But, as I know a lot of you have been through the process wanted to see how it all works.

1. Can I basically assume I WILL get the call next year, or might it be another couple yrs?
No idea, that's the first I can ever recall of anyone saying they got a 'heads up' notice. I'd guess it was based on historical averages and is highly probable that your turn is up next year as opposed to them just screwing with you.

2. If I did say no, then what happens? Would I basically get better seats the next year?
I doubt it works that way. I would assume that you get crossed off the list, and the only way you get another chance for season tickets is to re-apply and once again wait for a very long time.

3. How do you move up in regards to how good your seats are?
Seniority and letting the ticket office know you want to move up (technically down, not up).

4. If you put half the season on Patriots ticket exchange will they all sell (assuming I get 300 level seats)?
Past performance is not a guarantee of future success, but I would say that there is a very high probability that they all will sell based on the basic economic theory of supply and demand.

Thanks guys, as always, for the info you can provide

Last edited:

Looks like jmt57 covered most of your questions, but I did want to add a few things about ticketexchange. First (and most important), you cannot post preseason tickets for sale. Not sure if they'd sell anyway, but you don't even have the option. Also, make sure you post your tickets at least a week before the game. The last few years I've started mapping out the season early and posting tickets for games I know I can't go to. Generally, I haven't had problems selling them if I post them early. The only time I remember a soft ticketexchange market was 2008/2009. Part of that was probably economic, part was no Brady (2008).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST