PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Payton in the AFC East?

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
No idea what the Daily Snark is, but the Dolphins would be stupid to do this two years in a row. The problem isn't that deep--Tua isn't going to be what they need him to be every single game.

Jerry Jones will have something to say about this.

No idea what the Daily Snark is, but the Dolphins would be stupid to do this two years in a row. The problem isn't that deep--Tua isn't going to be what they need him to be every single game.
Would Carr be a good fit for Dolphins ?

It seems to me the HC of the Fishies got a lot out of the QB this year

Do It GIF

I think they overperformed early in the season but then seemed to smell their own farts and severely underperform down the stretch.

If Payton's still interested they can still swing the Payton + Brady combo from the tampering allegations.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
BTW, this link is citing Armando Salguero of Outkick, and if you've followed other media outlets in the AFC East over the years, he was a relatively prominent Dolphins beat writer with the Palm Beach Post for many years. At the same time, they're taking speculation as a report as Salguero ponders which coaches could be in danger:

McDaniel's job isn't really cited as being directly in jeopardy, although he did say that Josh Boyer could potentially be the one in trouble, citing a club source.

He also adds this tidbit about Tua's future:

"And let’s just say Aaron Rodgers really meant what he said two weeks ago about playing in Miami … If that is serious, Ross will be intrigued."

I'd rather him than Brady - for obvious reasons. I mean, I'd even prefer Rodgers over Tua at this stage of his career.

And I think they'd be stupid for firing McDaniel, but anything that weakens Miami certainly won't disappoint me. Although how Payton could get hired there at this point - especially if they fire McDaniel - after everything else that has transpired with Flores, etc. without the Dolphins getting dinged badly over it, would be pretty mind-blowing.

Last edited:
Would be nuts!

McDaniel has potential and has done a good job. They are stacked on WR/TE, but have too many pedestrian running backs surviving off scheme. Also, I've noticed they punch teams in the mouth with a few early big plays, but then run out of gas. However, the defense is not good and trading for Chubb was terrible. He's one of those rare guys that gets paid for absolutely no reason.

If Bourne is let go, I could see him on the first flight to Miami.

Last edited:
The source is legit, it’s coming from one of the Dolphins best insiders.
If Belichick was smart if Dolphins fire him, and he doesn’t land a HC job you make him OC.

A lot of you seem to be effusive with the praise for McDaniel. Did you not see the game plan he used against the Patriots, or something?

And I think they'd be stupid for firing McDaniel, but anything that weakens Miami certainly won't disappoint me. Although how Payton could get hired there at this point - especially if they fire McDaniel - after everything else that has transpired with Flores, etc. without the Dolphins getting dinged badly over it, would be pretty mind-blowing.
Browns QB Deshaun Watson has entered the chat.

Off topic but that guy looks like he should be counting beans in a corporate accounting office somewhere. His face irks me.

And a pipe dream: Payton comes as the OC and Assistant HC with the understanding that once BB gets the win record he ascends to the HC position and BB moves to the front office or retires. I know...I know...

Pipe Organ Movie GIF by Raven Banner Entertainment

The source is legit, it’s coming from one of the Dolphins best insiders.
If Belichick was smart if Dolphins fire him, and he doesn’t land a HC job you make him OC.
Please no...I can't look at that face every Sunday. I can't...

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back