PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Kareem Hunt, RB

Id take a flyer in the 4th-5th.

We definitely need an upgrade imo.

I'd look at him later in the draft. I like his balance and it doesn't seem like he goes down easy. I think that's what we need to compliment dion Lewis and white. But someone else I've been looking at is kaley ballage out of ASU. He's built like a truck, he's fast, and he can catch well enough. I also like that they don't need to be had for a first. Other than Fournette and cook(which are highly unlikely for us) I would hope they give these guys a look.

Yeah because Blount has been sooooooo horrendous this year

LOL Not exactly the time to sing his praises about our "power back" after the Seahawks game.

I'll be the first to admit hes having his best season as a Patriot but theres a ton left to be desired with him.

Til the day he retires ill describe him as a power back with no power.

Id gladly take 4-5 guys in this year's draft to be our featured back over him without blinking.

One thing I will say is I wish we used his hands a lil more. Nobody expects it and their softer than you'd think.

LOL Not exactly the time to sing his praises about our "power back" after the Seahawks game.

I'll be the first to admit hes having his best season as a Patriot but theres a ton left to be desired with him.

Til the day he retires ill describe him as a power back with no power.

Id gladly take 4-5 guys in this year's draft to be our featured back over him without blinking.

One thing I will say is I wish we used his hands a lil more. Nobody expects it and their softer than you'd think.
he isnt a power back, just because fans think he should be because of his size doesnt make him one.

A
he isnt a power back, just because fans think he should be because of his size doesnt make him one.

Agreed, hes def not a power back.

The idea that we can't and shouldn't upgrade there is just a non starter for me though. We're way too predictable with him in there and hes not a back that creates for himself. And again we're talking about a guy who's 250 and doesn't/can't use his size.

A

Agreed, hes def not a power back.

The idea that we can't and shouldn't upgrade there is just a non starter for me though. We're way too predictable with him in there and hes not a back that creates for himself. And again we're talking about a guy who's 250 and doesn't/can't use his size.
im not saying Blount is a top 5 back or anything but dont act like Blount hasnt been effective with the patriots, he has hung onto the ball and while you may not like his style of play it would be hard to argue that he hasnt been effective.

Ive said many times this year and every time when talking about LG, hes having a great year. Effective yes. He has a lil more burst but that's him just being decisive.

I just think the position could be upgraded in a great class.

Ive said many times this year and every time when talking about LG, hes having a great year. Effective yes. He has a lil more burst but that's him just being decisive.

I just think the position could be upgraded in a great class.

Does he really have a little more burst or is the o line giving him more room to get up to full speed?

Does he really have a little more burst or is the o line giving him more room to get up to full speed?

I think he's been a half step faster, and maybe a little more patient as well. I think probably more than speed is his wiggle seems better, and allowing him to bounce plays to the next hole. He also seems a lot more patient with his reads, which probably has to do with trusting the Oline a lot more than last year.

It might be both.

Could just be he's more decisive on certain plays.

I love when he runs off tackle behind Nate and Dev. Once he gets going he has good speed for a guy his size.

I like LG but think the running game can be upgraded and he gets a lot of the "real" carries.

look how fast things change
I thought I was going to be on an island by myself when I suggested using a Day 2 pick on Hunt back when I originally wrote this in November. Now after a good Senior Bowl and more info coming out on him, he may not even be available in Round 3. I want this guy on the Patriots.

Great read. My pick if they want a RB.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back