PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scout.com: Pats waive Bam Childress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats waive Bam Childress

Problem is he may not qualify. PS players cannot have 2 credited years, and I believe his two years on the Pats PS count as credited years. So I think he either lands on a 53-man roster, or is out of the NFL, and I fear it is the latter.

For the love of God, this is about the fourth time this has come up in the last 24 hours, so let me make this clear: the rules for PS eligibility changed last year.

Third-year players who have not been active long enough to end their PS eligibility can be placed on the PS for a third season if the team maintains a 53-man roster "at all times." [There may be a limit on the number of third-year players on the PS, but there is no outright ban on them anymore.]

In other words: Bam does have one more season of PS eligibility left.

Re: Pats waive Bam Childress

Much as we here all luv the guy ...
the league has had abundant opportunity to claim him before.

yes, on at least three occassions

we always tend to think that our 'trash' will be another team's 'treasure'

remember how we thought that PK Sam was going to be a very good receiver for some team? Well that 'team' is not an NFL team, it's a NFL Europe team.

Don't understand the man love for Childress. He came out of college with the tag, "workout warrior." Sure enough he gets to the pro's, looks awesome in preseason, but then fails to even figure into the equation during the regular season. As it's surely well known by now I'm no huge fan of Caldwell either, but I would never contemplate releasing him in favor of keeping Childress. Washington makes it over Childress, hell C.J. Jones is a decent return man so he brings something to the team. Meanwhile Childress, thanks for the 100% commitment to the cause, but good luck finding work elsewhere.

Don't understand the man love for Childress. He came out of college with the tag, "workout warrior." Sure enough he gets to the pro's, looks awesome in preseason, but then fails to even figure into the equation during the regular season. As it's surely well known by now I'm no huge fan of Caldwell either, but I would never contemplate releasing him in favor of keeping Childress. Washington makes it over Childress, hell C.J. Jones is a decent return man so he brings something to the team. Meanwhile Childress, thanks for the 100% commitment to the cause, but good luck finding work elsewhere.

I have to agree - Bam Childress was not even good enough to get in a regular WR rotation last year and everybody thinks he is so special because of a great work ethic in near meaningless preseason games the past 2 years ;)

If you think Bam should be on the team when he did not even make the regular rotation in an awful WR corps last year then you have no respect of the intelligence of this FO -PERIOD!

EARTH TO BAM FANS "THE FO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING-THATS WHY BAM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH,EVEN ON LAST YEARS TEAM AND WAS NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH (at least right now) TO MAKE THE PRACTICE SQUAD THIS YEAR"

Hell Brady Quinn looked special too in a few preseason games so far but I am not going to hand him the rookie of the year honors just yet.

Bam apparently is going to be a 'preseason HOFer' as long as he is in the NFL but may never see full time WR position on any NFL team except as a sub from time to time.

I think Bam was released early for a reason..to get him clearing waivers as other teams are making cuts...I think THAT assures that he will get through..so that the Pats can reclaim him for the Practice Squad...

I think Bam was released early for a reason..to get him clearing waivers as other teams are making cuts...I think THAT assures that he will get through..so that the Pats can reclaim him for the Practice Squad...

You obviously follow this team and BB's methods. We'll see if this ploy works.

As others have said, BAM just isn't good enough to make the 53 but he IS good enough to be on the PS available to fill in as injuries mount.

You obviously follow this team and BB's methods. We'll see if this ploy works.

As others have said, BAM just isn't good enough to make the 53 but he IS good enough to be on the PS available to fill in as injuries mount.
It's something he has done..so when I saw that he was released it made sense...a way to get him through waivers....

It's a good BB move. May not work but it's worth a try.

Q: when teams can start assigning players to their PS?

Isn't after the 53 man cut deadline?

The only risk I see for the PATs if they want Bam on their PS is someone may assign Bam to their 53 man squad.

Am I missing something? We have one link here that is Scout.com. No one else has reported this. Bam could still definately get cut but I will wait until Reiss or someone I trust reports it.

Am I missing something? We have one link here that is Scout.com. No one else has reported this. Bam could still definately get cut but I will wait until Reiss or someone I trust reports it.

Exactly what I was trying to say on the first page here. Reiss and the Herald have said nothing about this, nor has any other reliable source. "I'll wait until we have all the details."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back