NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
According to Scout.com.

LINK

Re: Pats waive Bam Childress

Better break out the hankies.....

I wouldn't doubt if he comes back to bite us now and then.

Last edited:

Will the Jets dig through our garbage pile again? I like Bam so it sucks to see him get cut.

Last edited:

Boooo, Bam > Moss

Last edited:

Let's see if he makes it to the practice squad.

The scout report said that he still had practice squad eligibility, so he might end up there if no one picks him up. Just because we like him, doesn't mean that other teams see the same. I think the Jets might be more interested in who we cut from our defensive backfield anyway.

Bauhger was cut too.

Much as we here all luv the guy ...
the league has had abundant opportunity to claim him before.

Let's see if he makes it to the practice squad.
Problem is he may not qualify. PS players cannot have 2 credited years, and I believe his two years on the Pats PS count as credited years. So I think he either lands on a 53-man roster, or is out of the NFL, and I fear it is the latter.

Oh please, he'll be on the P.S. in a week.
OK.So this is a guarantee? Hes a pretty good little player,maybe hes tired of trying to prove himself here,and would like to be picked up. So unlike Britt he turns down money to stay on the PS.
And its very possible that other teams (jets?) like him also. But I hope your right.

Last edited:

Problem is Bam's opportunity was last year. I'm still convinced that if they used him alte in the season and playoffs the end of the season would have been written differently. Too many wr's this year, everyone knew this was coming.

Not doubting this or anything, but is this a reliable source? I'd be surprised if Reiss and the Herald blog both missed this one...

Wednesday called. It wants its news back.
I wasn't around for a couple of days so I didn't hear. :confused: Thats pretty funny though I'll have to remember that.:D

Just when I thought I had enough disappointment about the possibility of Harrison being suspended for 4 games, now this...BAM waived.

Here's what BB had to say about the Bammah, post game... "Bam has showed a lot of versatility. We've also used him on defense. Last year, he played both running back and receiver spots in the Jacksonville game. I think that's one of his biggest strengths, his versatility and his intelligence, the fact he has value in more than one spot."

One more time, people. BB often praises those whom he releases. It doesn't mean he really thought the guy was a poor player; it means he just wasn't the best choice in hand for the limited roster spot.

You can't read BB speak and decide a player has made the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots