PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scott Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chandler will give the team ~40 catches for 500yds and 5-6TDs.

I would LOVE that kind of production. I suspect it will be in the ~25 for 380 and 5 TDs, personally.... with the caveat that simply being on the field creates opportunities for other people.

I still don't know why people are so concerned about Scott Chandler. If Chandler wasn't good, the Bills wouldn't have double teamed him and left Gronk in single coverage on Gronk's TD now would they?

I would LOVE that kind of production. I suspect it will be in the ~25 for 380 and 5 TDs, personally.... with the caveat that simply being on the field creates opportunities for other people.

Chandler is still learning. LaFell started off slow then really caught on. I think once he gets a little more comfortable his hands will get a little better as well.

The question here is if/when LaFell comes back, do they keep playing Dobson? If he keeps doing what he did in BUF they need to keep him out there.

Exactly, he's right in line with what we paid him to be. People who are complaining about him are complaining that we didn't get a top-tier TE for TE2 money. If he was the player they want him to be, he wouldn't be here because he'd be making a couple million more per year and would be out of the Pats' TE2 price range.

ehh..... Even mediocre backup TEs have to catch that fade, and that's where most people are looking. Chandler's flaws will be more noticeable because of the comparison to Gronk, but he's been subpar, even for what he should be, through the first two games.

Of course, the fact that it's just been two games is of great significance.

I still don't know why people are so concerned about Scott Chandler. If Chandler wasn't good, the Bills wouldn't have double teamed him and left Gronk in single coverage on Gronk's TD now would they?

I have no concerns, my limited projection is more based on the diversity of the offense and how uncoverable Gronk and Edelman are.

We've been hearing all summer about how he's supposed to be a lethal threat in the red zone. Then we find out his hands fall short not only of Gronk's level, but also of Fauria's and Vrabel's.

In his two games to date, they probably fall short of Vince Wilfork's as well. :)

So I'm definitely hoping for some improvement ...

I'd be willing to bet that Big Vince has better hands than many TEs in the NFL.

Hernandez had the drops and never got over it, but was still good enough to keep in the game. Chandler is the same way, but is not as good as AHern so...tough call.

I'll wait, still early. He and Gronk can punish some teams if they click together.

Shaky hands, too nervous playing with the GOAT. He'll calm down.

Shaky hands, too nervous playing with the GOAT. He'll calm down.

With the fact that he is catching balls from the GoAT and the gold standard for the position you play (and potentially All-Time) is your teammate, I can understand how one might press a little and try too hard to play at a level he may not be able to reach.

Either way I'm confident he'll get in the groove of things.

We've been hearing all summer about how he's supposed to be a lethal threat in the red zone. Then we find out his hands fall short not only of Gronk's level, but also of Fauria's and Vrabel's.

In his two games to date, they probably fall short of Vince Wilfork's as well. :)

So I'm definitely hoping for some improvement ...

I'm guilty of thinking he would be a bigger asset. Still a good addition to the team but not as prolific as I had hoped or thought.

Chandler has already proven his value by opening things up for Gronk even further. I seem to remember two idiot defenders on Chandler (wtf were they thinking) while Gronk was running free across the end zone. By the end of the season this offense will be a finely tuned matchup nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST