PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter on Lewis: No swelling yet (good) but ACL loose (bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have no idea what a loose ACL is. Never heard that term before. Anyone else?
Who knows. But just the fact ACL is mentioned is not good news when talking about a shifty RB. Not the same with kiko alonso. Even if there is no surgery reqd, how long will it take him to come back to the same player as he was right now?

30 other teams have had a crack at him at this point too.

Not quite sure what you're saying, are you suggesting that because he cleared waivers that means he's not worth signing? Because Woodhead and Lewis himself also cleared waivers prior to the Pats signing them, seems like a mistake to read too much into that.

So far in his career, Dri Archer has really sucked. But as has already been said in this thread, BB and Josh would know how to use his skills much better than anybody else.

All signs are pointing to Lewis being done for the year. Hoping and praying for better news Monday but bracing for the worst. This guy is awesome and losing him would really suck big time, no two ways about it.

Solder and Lewis; plus the loss of the 1st round pick which could have affected trades this year. I think it's just too much.

Last edited:
Solder and Lewis; plus the loss of the 1st round pick which could have affected trades this year. I think it's just too much.
Huh? it's a year by year thing.

Don't be dramatic now. Belichick can certainly win a title without Dion Lewis. In fact, he did it just this past season. Like Brady said, Lewis is as "special" as they come. But we have Blount, Bolden, White, and maybe even a possible free-agent addition like Cadet to rely on. It's called depth!

That being said, it's hard staying asleep when your favorite player goes down with an uncertain, season-ending injury

It's a terrible feeling

Just based on watching the injury, I'm assuming Lewis' season is over and hoping for the best. He certainly deserves better than this. But if he's done, I assume that means James White to the active roster, and wouldn't mind seeing Dri Archer brought in.
Also, **** Fedex Field, **** Dan Snyder, and **** that entire organization for not fixing that field. It destroyed their franchise QB's career, and they still won't fix it. They should be forced to forfeit every game until they can get around to putting an entirely new field down.

The game was in Foxborough.

Don't be dramatic now. Belichick can certainly win a title without Dion Lewis. In fact, he did it just this past season. Like Brady said, Lewis is as "special" as they come. But we have Blount, Bolden, White, and maybe even a possible free-agent addition like Cadet to rely on. It's called depth!
They had Veeren, who caught 11 passes in SB. Dont think that White is capable of doing that. Bring back Cadet if Lewis is out for season, plz plz plz plz Lewis must be ok

They had Veeren, who caught 11 passes in SB. Dont think that White is capable of doing that. Bring back Cadet if Lewis is out for season, plz plz plz plz Lewis must be ok

Unfortunately, I think it's picking the lesser of two evils. Neither White nor Cadet has looked even serviceable to this point.

The difference of course, is that one is on the team and the other had very limited experience in this system. For that reasoning alone, we'll have to hope that White and maybe even Bolden are able to step up a bit.

Or they could (not saying they should ) use Edelman in that roll with 2TE Lafell Dola and Edelman?

Patriots MRI machine

prac7.jpg

Unfortunately the main reason he was available to the Patriots is because he had spent so much time injured that other teams seemed to forget about him (ha ha Pagano). This is his second injury in eight games. Part of what makes a pro valuable is the ability to stay on the field. This was a non contact injury. Too bad, but as much as I love watching him Lewis doesn't appear to be able to remain on the field.

He had a broken bone and what appears to be a low to medium grade knee injury.

I guess you're feeling regret for cutting Gronk, who had worse, but similar, injuries.

Broken bones and knee injuries are part of the game. Having one of each in your career does not indicate you can't stay on the field.

Not a doctor either, but medical. Heres the first youtube video I could find on the subject. Physical exam is fairly reliable (in the sense that you would immediately know if someone is frankly injured or not), however prognosis is obviously difficult without sensitive imaging (MRI).

In my opinion...its not looking up for Lewis. Still too early though. Really just gotta wait for all the tests to come back. Hoodie isn't kidding when he says he doesn't know.

When is Schefter going to give Belichick his final opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back