PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Brady will play, but condition worse than people realize

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Only an idiot would think that. There's nothing wrong with his mechanics. Lots wrong with his teamates execution and as a result his ability to, though. The anecdote for that isn't film study as much as practice. Unfortunately they've managed to get him hurt to the point he missed his first two practices of the season due to multiple difficult injuries for any QB to play through. Although it isn't the first time he's had to deal with that situation.

You contradict yourself because you claim the problems are not Brady's fault - they are his teammates - but then you conclude that Brady needs to practice more. How is Brady's practice schedule effecting the sieve known as the OLine?

Brady needs to get into the tape. He has missed some reads this year - more than he has during his peak. Furthermore, he has missed some throws but that is indicative of a gradual recess of his mechanics caused by the fact that he is getting absolutely slammed out there. Again, it will return for him when he starts getting protection -which of course has nothing to do with him practicing.

Pull Kaczur. Nobody can do worse than he has. Either put Volmer over there, or make him the left tackle and put Light at right tackle. You can't keep Volmer out.

Not to pat myself on the back but to divert this thread from the pissing match it has turned into about where Brady is looking to buy a house, once Kazcur was replaced by Volmer at right tackle the offense starting clicking. While Kazcur was in there for the first period and a half the offense did nothing. The Pats tried to replace Matt Light at left tackle with Volmer but had no effect. But once the Pats put Volmer at right tackle and Light at left tackle the offense started moving the ball. Hopefully the Pats will use this alignment for the remainder of the season because Kazcur has been getting killed like he was in the first quarter today. That's where all Brady's pressure was coming from.

Not to pat myself on the back but to divert this thread from the pissing match it has turned into about where Brady is looking to buy a house, once Kazcur was replaced by Volmer at right tackle the offense starting clicking. While Kazcur was in there for the first period and a half the offense did nothing. The Pats tried to replace Matt Light at left tackle with Volmer but had no effect. But once the Pats put Volmer at right tackle and Light at left tackle the offense started moving the ball. Hopefully the Pats will use this alignment for the remainder of the season because Kazcur has been getting killed like he was in the first quarter today. That's where all Brady's pressure was coming from.

Yep, I wish they could do a Vollmer-LT and Light-RT. But if Light has to stick to the left I'm all for keeping Kazcur OFF the field.

May Kaczur be gone forever
My Christmas wish

He never said anything like that, why would he volunteer information on where he plans to live?

The scuttlebutt is that he's been looking in Dover and Dedham which makes far more sense to me because those two towns are very suburban (read privacy) and right by Rt. 1 or close to 95 south.

Because they will find him eventually either way. There's lots of scuttlebutt including reports he's looked at an estate in Concord near where KG lives. But I heard him on one of his interviews in the last week or so say he loved living in Boston but he was looking for something kid friendlier and closer to the stadium, maybe in Brookline or Wellesley. I thought at the time, they aren't that much closer. But then again maybe he could carpool with the boss... You can buy lots of privacy in the section of Brookline the Krafts live in...

Real Estate Conferences and Events by IQPC

You contradict yourself because you claim the problems are not Brady's fault - they are his teammates - but then you conclude that Brady needs to practice more. How is Brady's practice schedule effecting the sieve known as the OLine?

Brady needs to get into the tape. He has missed some reads this year - more than he has during his peak. Furthermore, he has missed some throws but that is indicative of a gradual recess of his mechanics caused by the fact that he is getting absolutely slammed out there. Again, it will return for him when he starts getting protection -which of course has nothing to do with him practicing.

The entire team needs to practice more and better and harder. Tom's been doing that all season when others apparently haven't. Brady watches plenty of tape, probably more than anyone on the team not named Belichick. His mechanics are fine according to the player himself and observers who know a thing or two about the process. Tom and Wes told everyone what the problem was last week, players not fighting through whatever it is that is keeping them from executing consistently and making plays. Some guys continued to have those same problems this week, but Brady and Welker certainly weren't among 'em. Some guys may lack the talent to contribute, but no team has top talent at every position and they still manage to win because enough guys execute. Manning threw 3 picks today so either his mechanics are off too or he's not watching enough film or enough players are making plays for him so they win and it gets chalked up to he's still doing enough to win...

Because they will find him eventually either way. There's lots of scuttlebutt including reports he's looked at an estate in Concord near where KG lives. But I heard him on one of his interviews in the last week or so say he loved living in Boston but he was looking for something kid friendlier and closer to the stadium, maybe in Brookline or Wellesley. I thought at the time, they aren't that much closer. But then again maybe he could carpool with the boss... You can buy lots of privacy in the section of Brookline the Krafts live in...

He may be lookingn to move to Medfieldo former home of drew bledsoe, pete carroll and hog hannah. Or dover, or walpole, right nearest the stadium it isi walpole. or norfolk, home of mosii tatupu (I think) and steve nelsono.

If you have been to Brookline, there is no privacy (the houses are squashed next to each other), and the very rare kind of privacy there is, there, is in the neighborhood of the $16 million that John Henry plunked down just for the privilege to tear down a house.

Brookline is a nightmare to drive in and out. Concord is okay because there's route 2 that feeds into 95 south.

Dover makes a lot more sense to me because it is right next to route 1 and the privacy level is pretty high.. a lot of those driveways are gated. Brady can just drive down route 1 in relative anonymity. An added bonus is that that part of route 1 is covered by boston.com's trafficalert, even if DaBruinz doesn't think so.

Alright I just ate myself.:p

Really? I've been trying to do that for years! How'd you do it? Yoga?, Thats it right!, it was yoga wasnt it? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes