PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Brady will play, but condition worse than people realize

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really concerns me. I can't see this team going on a deep playoff run with a battered Brady.

Without Neal in there, Brady will just get beat up more.

And playing Light over Vollmer is lunacy, unless Vollmer isn't 100%.

does anyone else think that it is possible Brady took a practice off to spend the time with his wife and newborn?

I also think his most important "practice" is in the film room at this point in the season. Although his mechanics have been sub-par, its not coming back in a day of practice.

No. Only an idiot would think that. There's nothing wrong with his mechanics. Lots wrong with his teamates execution and as a result his ability to, though. The anecdote for that isn't film study as much as practice. Unfortunately they've managed to get him hurt to the point he missed his first two practices of the season due to multiple difficult injuries for any QB to play through. Although it isn't the first time he's had to deal with that situation.

As he ages, we clearly have two choices :

1) Sign Brady long term and beef up the OL.
2) Let him walk.

Like most, I dearly hope for #1 but if he's going to get his ass kicked and get old before his time then signing him through age 38 or so doesn't make sense.

I think it will come down to a cold calculation by the Krafts, which is why I was among the few who said Tommy shouldn't take what some called a "home town discount" on his last contract. The Krafts aren't sentimental when it comes to money and players and won't be giving out any "Thanks for the Memories" contracts.

The question for him will be whether he's worth more to the Pats or to a struggling franchise that's trying to build excitement and a gate. Then, TB alone will be able to decide if he'd rather stay with BB and this organization or go elsewhere. I guess what I'm saying is, assuming the NFL can't get a franchise in Los Angeles in the next two years, we should probably all care a little about how Alex Smith progresses and the Niners draft during that time.

The question for him will be whether he's worth more to the Pats or to a struggling franchise that's trying to build excitement and a gate. Then, TB alone will be able to decide if he'd rather stay with BB and this organization or go elsewhere. I guess what I'm saying is, assuming the NFL can't get a franchise in Los Angeles in the next two years, we should probably all care a little about how Alex Smith progresses and the Niners draft during that time.

Not to be facetious, but saying he idolized Joe Montana as a kid is not the same as saying Brady would want to play for the Niners now.

Also, if he's going to be extended, it'll likely happen this offseason.

Not to be facetious, but saying he idolized Joe Montana as a kid is not the same as saying Brady would want to play for the Niners now.

Also, if he's going to be extended, it'll likely happen this offseason.

more to do with being closer to the home he and Gisele have in Brentwood...but that's just speculation...he is a west coast guy...

This really concerns me. I can't see this team going on a deep playoff run with a battered Brady.

Well the last 4 teams they face have little to no defense. So if BB wants to even sniff a SB then they should just run the ball 70-75% of the time. This will allow Tom to get healthy and be ready for the playoffs.

more to do with being closer to the home he and Gisele have in Brentwood...but that's just speculation...he is a west coast guy...

They don't have a home there, just land. They're looking for a house in Dover or Dedham- looking to get away from the city.

I think it will come down to a cold calculation by the Krafts, which is why I was among the few who said Tommy shouldn't take what some called a "home town discount" on his last contract. The Krafts aren't sentimental when it comes to money and players and won't be giving out any "Thanks for the Memories" contracts.

your forgeting one big part. the thing that mr Kraft, dose better then winning super bowls is makeing money

and tom brady, is not just the face of the patriots but him and payton are the face of the NFL so even if the pats never win a SB again with brady at QB kraft will still make more money with brady at QB then he will save by puting a chep QB in for the pats

so as long as brady plays football he will be a pat at any price

Well the last 4 teams they face have little to no defense. So if BB wants to even sniff a SB then they should just run the ball 70-75% of the time. This will allow Tom to get healthy and be ready for the playoffs.

Easier to do with Taylor in. Hope he's back before the season's over.

Just saw video of him on the field. His jersey seems to have a lot of padding underneath it. This is one tough SOB. Anyone that questions his heart ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Still, I don't feel good about this game. I will feel better if Taylor is active. Anyone know yet?

Last edited:
Just saw video of him on the field. His jersey seems to have a lot of padding underneath it. This is one tough SOB. Anyone that questions his heart ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Still, I don't feel good about this game. I will feel better if Taylor is active. Anyone know yet?

Taylor is out for today game.

He's not active this week.

He has a home in Boston on Beacon Hill, and couple in NY in addition to Giselle's. They are all on the block because he is looking for a kid friendly home in Brookline or Wellesley and he owns land in LA on which they will eventually build. He spends far more time on the East Coast or traveling internationally than he has in CA in recent seasons. His sisters and parents also maintain homes here. Jack splits time with his parents but even his mother and his maternal grandparents are from East Longmeadow, so there are stronger ties here including to his football legacy.

He has a home in Boston on Beacon Hill, and couple in NY in addition to Giselle's. They are all on the block because he is looking for a kid friendly home in Brookline or Wellesley and he owns land in LA on which they will eventually build. He spends far more time on the East Coast or traveling internationally than he has in CA in recent seasons. His sisters and parents also maintain homes here. Jack splits time with his parents but even his mother and his maternal grandparents are from East Longmeadow, so there are stronger ties here including to his football legacy.

This gave me a good laugh, for all the ferocious defending you do on Brady you've gotten things mixed up. He lives in the Back Bay on Beacon St., not on the hill, and no way in hell he's looking to live in Brookline or Wellesley. Dover offers much more space and privacy.

This gave me a good laugh, for all the ferocious defending you do on Brady you've gotten things mixed up. He lives in the Back Bay on Beacon St., not on the hill, and no way in hell he's looking to live in Brookline or Wellesley. Dover offers much more space and privacy.

Back Bay, Beacon Hill, whatever. He was the one who said he was looking in Brookline or Wellesley within the last week or so, but what does he know... I'm not a groupie, I'm an admirer of his HOF talent, which given the dearth of crap QB's and inconsistent QB's in the league today any patsfan appreciate.

Again, how has the knee gotten "worse?" That has a far more serious ramification than any of the other injuries.

It's the press, remember. That probably means that the ligaments are a little sore because of the cold weather.

Back Bay, Beacon Hill, whatever. He was the one who said he was looking in Brookline or Wellesley within the last week or so, but what does he know... I'm not a groupie, I'm an admirer of his HOF talent, which given the dearth of crap QB's and inconsistent QB's in the league today any patsfan appreciate.

He never said anything like that, why would he volunteer information on where he plans to live?

The scuttlebutt is that he's been looking in Dover and Dedham which makes far more sense to me because those two towns are very suburban (read privacy) and right by Rt. 1 or close to 95 south.

Last edited:
It's the press, remember. That probably means that the ligaments are a little sore because of the cold weather.

Schefter is the rare exception. He doesn't really embellish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News