PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Brady and Pats contract talks moving along very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady and Pats contract talks moving along very well

Pretty coincidental that this comes out not long after he is supposedly in camp with the rookies...

Nah...couldn't be, he's supposed to be upset and holding out of camp angry about his lack of a new contract blah blah blah insert whatever false claims of the day about contract impasse :rolleyes:

Glad to hear of any possible chance of a deal, and timing be damned I don't believe for a second this was why he was in camp early.

Last edited:

Sign this man, then work on getting his # up in the rafters.

Odd that he would negotiate with the team he is "angry" with. ;)

It did make for some anger filled message board posts though, so I guess it was good for something.

Sign this man, then work on getting his # up in the rafters.

Wrong sports arena :D

Unless all #s in the New England region have to be retired as well :D

Most interesting part of this article was this quote.

The Colts would like to re-sign quarterback Peyton Manning, the Saints Drew Brees and the Redskins Donovan McNabb. At this time, the Patriots and Brady appear to be the furthest along in their conversations, according to league sources.

OK so apparently Brady is closer than these 3 but yet no stories out there about them potentially holding out if that doesn't show the media bias I don't know what does. I would like someone to explain this to me.

OK so apparently Brady is closer than these 3 but yet no stories out there about them potentially holding out if that doesn't show the media bias I don't know what does. I would like someone to explain this to me.

fh1roger.jpg

This is not going to make the boys at WEEI happy. :cool:

I believe it was Chris Gasper on Felger and Maz the other day in trumpeting Breer's upcoming column(that came out this morning) claiming that PeyMe Manning was farther along and they had all but agreed upon the structure of his deal while Brady wasn't close...oh how full of garbage that turned out to be for him. :rolleyes:

Hmm, Brady's contract is going well. Where the hell are the Peyton Manning rumors?

The media is biased? No way!:bricks:

This paragraph will get a few reporters and people in this area with their panties in a bunch (since I have never heard so many people seem to want to think the Pats are disrespecting Brady):

There also was speculation that the relationship between Brady and the Patriots is strained. Yet, Brady was spotted this offseason having dinner with Patriots owner Robert Kraft and others have been adamant that the relationship between the two sides is as positive as ever.

Sources: QB Tom Brady, New England Patriots gain ground on extension - ESPN Boston

Of course if you read between the lines, this clearly means the relationship between Brady and the team is strained and damaged beyond repair. Both Schefter and Reiss have said there is no strain and Brady understands the business of the whole thing. Brady has shown up to camp without a hold out. I will believe those over anything that hack John Clayton would write. I swear the next legitimate scoop Clayton gets, it will be his first.

Last edited:

I just can't believe any of this is in question at all.

The Patriots would never let the GOAT just walk away. If they were going to do that, they would have kept Cassel and traded Brady.

The other end to that is that Brady is not going to screw over the team that drafted him as that was a sour spot for him, or the team that stuck with him instead of Bledsoe, and stuck with him after a horrific injury.

He is going to retire a Patriot.

I'm waiting for PatJew to hop on and say "sign the beast".

Any minute now :cool:

Pretty coincidental that this comes out not long after he is supposedly in camp with the rookies...

Nah...couldn't be, he's supposed to be upset and holding out of camp angry about his lack of a new contract blah blah blah insert whatever false claims of the day about contract impasse :rolleyes:

Glad to hear of any possible chance of a deal, and timing be damned I don't believe for a second this was why he was in camp early.

Exactly what I was going to say, but see you beat me to it. :D

So....

:ditto:

what will felger and borges piss about now? those two clowns along with breer were complaing about the pats and bradys contract status on that pathetic sports sunday show[why did i watch?]. god i hate those two aholes and there non stop negativity about the patriots.

My guess is that this news will make the local media switch gears and instead now latch on the Logan Mankins situation and beat that one to death :spygate:

Last edited:

you only have to wait for 6 a.m. to find out...2 minutes into the Callahan/Dennis "The VIEW-Boston" show and we'll see exactly what these nattering ninnies have up their sleeves...

My guess is that this news will make the local media switch gears and instead now latch on the Logan Mankins situation and beat that one to death :spygate:
I'm eagerly anticipating NFL Live and the expert opinions on the very real disgust Tom Brady has with his contract situation.

In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft