PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Brady and Pats contract talks moving along very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady and Pats contract talks moving along very well

Schefter was born in New York in 1966. I don't think he's married. I think his job is his wife. And it shows. The guy is the best at what he does.

Schefter is a machine. I remember during the draft he was twittering who each team was picking within 2 minutes of their clock time. He was like 90%+ correct, it was incredible.

No, it's not even that. It simply is what it is... They couldn't be bothered to used Brady's contract situation to confuse competitors in part because of the PR hit they withstood in the process...

Mo

I don't think there was any "is" at any time. Why would money suddenly become that big for a superstar that has given up tens of millions of dollars in endorsements?

It's interesting that this story suddenly turns on the eve of training camp. My guess is there was never any real problems and this story has come out to end any potential "Brady contract" reporters hanging around.

Also, don't forget Indy has Robert Mathis and Reggie Wayne contracts. That probably can't solved until goober is resolved and Irsay has already said goober will be the highest paid.

Please note I don't think there was ever any big disconnect. The whole story has always been counter intuitive to the organization and Tom Brady.

What an utter bunch of BS! Tom Brady collects more money in endorsements that anyone in the nfl not named Manning.

Why would money suddenly become that big for a superstar that has given up tens of millions of dollars in endorsements?

It never ceases to amaze me that professional sports writers are blinded by the plummage and can't recognize the distinctive sights and sounds of the mating ritual of the franchise QB and an NFL team's contract negotiators.

These mating rituals are highly stylized and require an exacting sequence of ruffled plummage, pecking, and threatening warbles before the inevitable bonding occurs.

Wrong sports arena :D

Unless all #s in the New England region have to be retired as well :D

Jonathan did say that Gillette was built with a Foundation and Base Structure that could support a roof......roof....the roof is on fire.

No really, he did say that in an interview.

What an utter bunch of BS! Tom Brady collects more money in endorsements that anyone in the nfl not named Manning.

Why would money suddenly become that big for a superstar that has given up tens of millions of dollars in endorsements?

Uhhh no.

What he currently makes is irrelavent. The fact is he doesn't do TV commercials and has given up tens of millions in endorsements.

When exactly was the last TV commercial he did? you are not dumb enough to think that if he couldn'rt have had more endorsements than Manning?

If he needed to make last penny he would be licking Oreos, pushing "Lifelock", and cutting meat.

Does he want to periodically rub a few nickels together? Ofcourse. However, when did Mr Kraft ever state he will be the highest paid player in the league.

Jonathan did say that Gillette was built with a Foundation and Base Structure that could support a roof......roof....the roof is on fire.

No really, he did say that in an interview.

Hmm...perhaps when the stadium comes due for a thorough renovation this could happen. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes