PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SBB's 8/2 AM session notes (some Rookie Hazing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The rooks had to run the slip and slide today....With Brady hosing them down the entire time.

The more practices Seymour misses the more it seems like he could be banged up.

Volmer is a beast. On one drill he manhandled Tully....but what I found interesting was right after the play he was pulled aside and coached up. apparently his leverage or technique was off but he still manhandled him.

Brace seemed hit and miss you can see at times he has the strenght and ability but at other times you can see him getting driven back. Work in progress.

Brady dropped another F-Bomb.

I tried to take a page from Patfanken and shrink down what I was watching and I fixated on the DBs for most of the morning for obvious reasons.

I felt today the DBs seemed pretty good. Wheatly was tight in coverage with moss several times though Moss did reel in a few. There was a little confusion on when play when the O lined up trips right but Merriweather got chung in position and the play was either in complete or a short gain to the left. They tried trips left a few plays later and there wasn't any obvious confusion. As one would hope Merriweather clearly is stepping up as the leader back there.

I followed Chung a little and seems consistant to me. I have seen many big mistakes but I also haven't seen any big plays from him though he did give Faulk a little pop.

They continue to do a lot of mixing and matching back there.

During 1 on 1 tackling drills I thought Pierre Woods made the best tackle steping in the box and taking his guy right down. Tully had a nice tackle too. Taylor had the nicest move from the offense of side of this drill.

Pierre also made a nice play in 11 on 11 to fill a running lane.

This practice followed the normal AM routine of being run orientated. With Maroney having the run of the day on a run right that he made a cut back on.

not sure who wears 38 and 45???? I guess it is Love and ninkovich (thanks Pats 1)

should be back this afternoon.

Last edited:
Thanks again, SBB. Your posts are greatly appreciated.

I'm liking what I hear about SeaBass more and more. Was he playing exclusivley at LT?

Thanks again, SBB. Your posts are greatly appreciated.

I'm liking what I hear about SeaBass more and more. Was he playing exclusivley at LT?

I have seen him at LT a bunch both with the second team and filling for light when he has the session off. I would doubt that Volmer beats out Light as you dont want a rook protecting Brady's blindside in this all important year for protecting him. And Kazcur still seems to get the reps with the ones on the right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back