SBB's 7/29 AM session notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Yay back at camp.

Rain wasnt to bad. And it brought an interesting sight. Suprisingly Welker was running around the wet field doing work without pads on at a very high speed and it was really easy to see that he truly is remarkably far along.

Seemed to me Chung and Butler were running with the ones. Chung really looked like he is ready for a role. Made one real nice break on a pass that actually wound up being caught by Slater on a nice play.

Best play of the day was a 50 yard bomb from Brady to Moss over Sanders and Mcgowan.

I thought Tate was the guy I followed the most who really impressed. He seems smooth and crisp in his cuts and had a couple of nice catches and one nice kick return.

Vince made the play of the day defensively during goal line work knifeing thru the line and tripping up the back in the backfield.

Didn't see what he did but I heard Pepper give some praise to Mayo something along the line of see that was much better than last year.

Patten made a nice grab but also had a drop. Looked good in his route and I think he could wind up playing for someone this year but still cant see how it is us.

Brace looked like he made a nice play on a run to his side. EDIT: according to Globe Brace was not dressed so not sure who made this play.

just fun to be back at camp. I will add anything if I remember something else otherwise I will be heading back out for the afternoon session.

Last edited:
Yay back at camp.

Rain wasnt to bad. And it brought an interesting sight. Suprisingly Welker was running around the wet field doing work without pads on at a very high speed and it was really easy to see that he truly is remarkably far along.

Seemed to me Chung and Butler were running with the ones. Chung really looked like he is ready for a role. Made one real nice break on a pass that actually wound up being caught by Slater on a nice play.

Best play of the day was a 50 yard bomb from Brady to Moss over Sanders and Mcgowan.

I thought Tate was the guy I followed the most who really impressed. He seems smooth and crisp in his cuts and had a couple of nice catches and one nice kick return.

Vince made the play of the day defensively during goal line work knifeing thru the line and tripping up the back in the backfield.

Didn't see what he did but I heard Pepper give some praise to Mayo something along the line of see that was much better than last year.

Patten made a nice grab but also had a drop. Looked good in his route and I think he could wind up playing for someone this year but still cant see how it is us.

Brace looked like he made a nice play on a run to his side.

just fun to be back at camp. I will add anything if I remember something else otherwise I will be heading back out for the afternoon session.
Nice, thanks

Nice, thanks

looking at your sig reminded me I saw Spikes make a nice fill on a run play...RB went past him but he would have made the play in live actions.

Just read a few blogs and the press seems to be getting on Tate for a drop in the endzone which IMO was clearly overthrown and if Tate had made the play it would have been one nice grab. It was a makeable catch but certainly the blame should fall on the QB and not Tate like the writers seem to be saying.

Also Price had one of the better catches of the day very late in practice. a Deep pass in the back of the end zone he went up over the defender and pulled it down I could not tell if the feet stayed in though.

Between the nice connection from Brady to Moss, Welker running around though not dressed, Tate making a few nice grabs and looking crisp, and the nice Price catch mentioned above I left with an awsome feeling about our WR corp (left wondering if these guys could look a little 07 like I know way to early to tell but exciting none the less).

Last edited:
That's good news about Tate, how does Price look?
Cunningham, spikes and Mckenzie, Gronk, and Hernandez are the players I am most eager to here reports on.

That's good news about Tate, how does Price look?
Cunningham, spikes and Mckenzie, Gronk, and Hernandez are the players I am most eager to here reports on.

Price had a few screens run at him but not much until later in the practice and he made one of the better catches of the day described in my last post in the thread.

Spikes had the one play I noticed. McKenzie didn't stand out to me.

Gronk seemed to get a little physical at the line on one run but other than and his size I didn't notice him much. Hernandez went out in route a few times but nothing stood out. Crumpler reminds me a lot of graham in that he looks like a mauler and was wearing 82.

Also Edelman was getting a lot thrown at him and seemed to make the plays when it came his way. Certainly a good practice for him. This goes to my note in the last post on my excitement around the WR position. With all the WRs doing something to make me notice except Holt it makes me wonder why anyone was clamoring for ME O. Man am I pumped and jacked about our WRs.

I've been half-listening to PFW at work but had to take a call. Sounded like they said Morris & Taylor were getting mid-field reps, and Maroney at the goal-line; is that correct? Also that Woods stopped maroney a couple of times in the goal line drills?

I thought I also heard them saying Morris and Butler were returning punts, but again I didn't catch all of that.

Can anyone verify, deny, etc.?

thanks

I've been half-listening to PFW at work but had to take a call. Sounded like they said Morris & Taylor were getting mid-field reps, and Maroney at the goal-line; is that correct? Also that Woods stopped maroney a couple of times in the goal line drills?

I thought I also heard them saying Morris and Butler were returning punts, but again I didn't catch all of that.

thanks

Interesting...

Is it behind a two tight end set?

Is he doing his two-step dancing routine before actually running?

I really dislike Lawrence Maroney.

brace not dressed? that stinks

Anything on McCourty?

seemed to have a decent return but tough to tell with out contact. Didnt see much out of him as far as a CB.

thanks

I didn't notice Morris catching punts and I would tend to doubt that.

As far as goal line work the D got the better of the O with Vince making the best play down there and it could have been Woods making the other with some help or Woods could have cleaned up after Vince tripped up the back tough to tell sometimes in the crowds.

Maroney got some goal line work but I think they rotated just about everyone thru in midfield.

Brace looked like he made a nice play on a run to his side. EDIT: according to Globe Brace was not dressed so not sure who made this play.

I think i figured it out...I thought brace was 92 he is 97? I think 92 is Damoine Lewis which is nice to see.

Brace wore 92 last year right?

about to head back out for round two :)

Last edited:
Great notes there :) Thanks :)

Brace needs to be in shape and on the field or he'll be in the Crable class....

Looks like Brady will have plenty of weps on offense...it's our D that concerns me.....and now Burgess is a ?????

Cunningham better be up to speed FAST

Suprisingly Welker was running around the wet field doing work without pads on at a very high speed and it was really easy to see that he truly is remarkably far along.

This amazes me, his whole recovery's been amazing. Great stuff, thanks!

... Price had one of the better catches of the day very late in practice. a Deep pass in the back of the end zone he went up over the defender and pulled it down I could not tell if the feet stayed in though.

Between the nice connection from Brady to Moss, Welker running around though not dressed, Tate making a few nice grabs and looking crisp, and the nice Price catch mentioned above I left with an awsome feeling about our WR corp (left wondering if these guys could look a little 07 like I know way to early to tell but exciting none the less).

I heard Breer on 98.5 and he seemed impressed with Price; I seemed to remember Breer liking him earlier too.

McCourty looking a little beastly. (From Patriots.com)

ImgDyn.cfm

Last edited:
McC's going to develop into a monster, what a great pick for us :) He's definitely got that look about him. He'll make some plays for us this year:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore