2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do the Chargers make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised at all the people that think the Chargers will finish at least 8-8 and not win the division. Admittedly, they really need to beat Denver when they meet in San Diego to have a shot at the tie-breaker. Denver's defense has looked so consistently bad all year that I have no confidence in it and I don't really see their offense able to overcome their defense on any consistent basis. They started off hot, but have really cooled down. The rest of the competition in the division really isn't worth talking about.

I'm remembering this club's special ability to melt under pressure. Something in their chemistry has them operating on a boom or bust mentality. If you have to choose a Head Coach who will find a way to light a fire under his team, I'd take Shanny's glowing red eyes over Norv's bloodhound demeanor.
Though I still think San Diego will take the West, at least you have a very logical explanation. When I first looked at the (lopsided) results of the poll I felt as if a lot of people must have voted that the Chargers would not make the playoffs without even considering who they thought would win the West.

The Raiders and Chiefs are only a half a game and 1.5 games behind the Chargers, respectively.

Why, why, why did the Patriots play so poorly against these dudes? They have a lot of talent but are a very inconsistent team.
All teams play better at home, but for some reason the Chargers seem to be taking that to more of an extreme this year. They looked really bad at Miami and at Buffalo but looked really good when the Jets and Pats played out there. I don't think it helped that the Pats were living out of a hotel for a week before that game either. Plus, you know after losing to the Pats in last year's AFCCG the Chargers were going to be more focused for that game than any other one all year.

just don't draft florida wrs lol , those guys suck

Or Texas A&M. Your 2nd Rd. pick is looking better all the time Davey, thanks for sucking!

They aren't strong enough to make it to the Superbowl. It's obvious that it's not really their year. But they are also too talented to not at least get to 8-8 by the time the season is up. I hate the Chargers and their smug fans just as much as their so called 'classy' leader. Let's see if LT is all talk or if he can lead by example and right the leaky ship that is the san diego chargers. The worse the Chargers do, the better our pick, so hopefully they are even worse than I think they will be.

8-0: 11-5
7-1: 10-6
6-2: 9-7
5-3: 8-8
4-4: 7-9
3-5: 6-10
2-6: 5-11
1-7: 4-12
0-8: 3-13

They're going to have to put together a very nice second half run just to get to 9-7.

Last edited:
Why, why, why did the Patriots play so poorly against these dudes? They have a lot of talent but are a very inconsistent team.
because the current pats qb is nowhere near as good as tom brady, and the pats as a team have been deflated by brady's loss, much as it looks like the sd defense has been deflated by the loss of merriman

All teams play better at home, but for some reason the Chargers seem to be taking that to more of an extreme this year. They looked really bad at Miami and at Buffalo but looked really good when the Jets and Pats played out there. I don't think it helped that the Pats were living out of a hotel for a week before that game either. Plus, you know after losing to the Pats in last year's AFCCG the Chargers were going to be more focused for that game than any other one all year.
the funny thing is, as bas as we looked, we never got beat by 20 this season, we've been in every game , down to the wire

i still think that is better than teams like indy who go around getting absolutely destroyed every other week

They aren't strong enough to make it to the Superbowl. It's obvious that it's not really their year. But they are also too talented to not at least get to 8-8 by the time the season is up. I hate the Chargers and their smug fans just as much as their so called 'classy' leader. Let's see if LT is all talk or if he can lead by example and right the leaky ship that is the san diego chargers. The worse the Chargers do, the better our pick, so hopefully they are even worse than I think they will be.
LT isn't a leader

8-0: 11-5
7-1: 10-6
6-2: 9-7
5-3: 8-8
4-4: 7-9
3-5: 6-10
2-6: 5-11
1-7: 4-12
0-8: 3-13

They're going to have to put together a very nice second half run just to get to 9-7.
i wouldn't put it past em, the last 2 seasons they closed out the 2nd half a combined 15-1

of course that was with merriman for 12 of those games

I went to the game at Wembley last night. It was amazing just how much time Drew Brees had. SD came back well when they were two scores down, but that D wasn't very good. It says a lot about parts of our O line/ Cassel's pocket presence that he got sacked so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News