PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Watkins of Clemson

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Could be available when we pick in the first round. Given the sorry state of our current receiving corp. (Banana-dola and the three rookies) Watkins would be an immediate upgrade.

Could be available when we pick in the first round. Given the sorry state of our current receiving corp. (Banana-dola and the three rookies) Watkins would be an immediate upgrade.

Meh. I say wait until December. If things are STILL "sorry," THEN consider taking a receiver early.

Wouldn't Sammy Watkins be another rookie though? :)

Watkins is an exciting player but I have to think that if BB didn't take a first round receiver in the last draft considering the need then, I don't think he'll take one next year.

Defensive tackle and interior OL needs to be our biggest needs going into this draft. Our DL is a Vince Wilfork injury away from being pathetic and we have nobody in the wings.

On the interior OL, Logan Mankins is 31, Wendell is a bit underpowered and Connolly is slightly above average.

Sammy Watkins is a beast and I think he'll be a pretty special player and a very high pick. I hope we aren't in the range of being able to pick him though.

Wouldn't Sammy Watkins be another rookie though? :)

Watkins is an exciting player but I have to think that if BB didn't take a first round receiver in the last draft considering the need then, I don't think he'll take one next year.

Agreed. I'd like to think at least one of Dobson, Boyce or Thompkins will have a similar 2nd year jump like Ridley/Vereen did.

I can see a lot of the 'top wide receivers' in next years class falling down the board. Marquise Lee, Cody Hoffman, Brandon Coleman. But Watkins? Not really seeing it.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back