PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salute to all our Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it." President Andrew Jackson

Thanks for the salute.....sitting in COB Speicher, Iraq hoping AFN broadcasts the Pats games each weekend. Looking forward to watching this one on Monday morning.

Stay Safe and God Bless you!!

Last edited:
FYI, there is a FOB in Afghanistan named after him. It's a tiny bit south of where he died. It's about 15 miles from where I am at right now so I made it a point to make it out there this year and pay tribute to him. A wonderful story that makes me sad everytime I think of how it ended.

Thank You and Stay Safe !

"Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it." President Andrew Jackson

Thanks for the salute.....sitting in COB Speicher, Iraq hoping AFN broadcasts the Pats games each weekend. Looking forward to watching this one on Monday morning.

My son just left FOB SHANK in Afghanistan last weekend after a year there with the 173rd. He's back in Germany now where he can have a beer and watch the games. It's so different now, being the parent rather than the one deployed. I can remember when I was young and immortal. Now I understand how my own father must have felt. It's a whole different ballgame, for sure.

My Dad's dad was part of Patton's 3rd Army. He was a Sergeant. Had a Tommy Gun. Served in Europe.

My Mom's dad was part of the Army Air Corps. He was a mechanic but had Top Secret clearance. He needed it due to working on B-17s. The special optics for the bombardier required it.

My dad was part of the Air Force from 1971 through 1977. He was not sent to Viet Nam though he knows many who were.

I was not allowed to join the military due to my chronic asthma. I had taken the ASVAB and scored tremendously well. Every branch wanted me until they heard about my asthma. It still pains me to this day that I was not able to serve. But I do everything I can to support the people I know who are in the military. Regulars and Reservists. All branches. For I know that, without them, I would not have my freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case