PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salas Salary Tripled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amendola might be available, if only because St. Louis will consider him too injury-prone, which of course he is. I'd still take him, and maybe the Rams will want to keep the guy around, but I don't think it's out of the question that he comes here. That said, I still think it's possible Wes and the Patriots will see a re-up as being mutually beneficial -- hope they can find a middle ground.

Hope you are right about WW

I don't see anyway we could pry Amendola from Bradford's clutches.

Those two are developing the kind of Peyton/Harrison, Brady/Branch/Welker bonds that are vital to QB development.

why does everyone think we will automatically get amendola? becasue i don't see it.

He's an UFA next year and has family in Boston.

I don't know what their entire FA situation looks like however...they may well just use the tag. He's worth that money to them and a lot of teams. He'd flourish in this offence.

why does everyone think we will automatically get amendola? becasue i don't see it.

Amendola is a free agent after this season. If you were him, where would you go?

What is the Boston connection? Amendola was born in Texas, played HS football in Texas, went to Texas Tech and is Mexican-American. I didn't see any connections other than he wants a decent contract and a free "Yo Soy Fiesta" t-shirt from Gronk.

Last edited:
Amendola is a free agent after this season. If you were him, where would you go?

What is the Boston connection? Amendola was born in Texas, played HS football in Texas, went to Texas Tech and is Mexican-American. I didn't see any connections other than he wants a decent contract and a free "Yo Soy Fiesta" t-shirt from Gronk.

He has some sort of family here as he was in town for a funeral prior to the season starting...it caused a stir about him joining us before it came out he was attending a funeral.

I love the move to increase Salas' pay. He has experience in McDaniels' system already, he can continue to develop and he could wind up being a factor down the line. We need to start seeing some promise from someone other than Edelman with some youth still in him.

Amendola to the Pats could be a serious possibility.

He has some sort of family here as he was in town for a funeral prior to the season starting...it caused a stir about him joining us before it came out he was attending a funeral.

I love the move to increase Salas' pay. He has experience in McDaniels' system already, he can continue to develop and he could wind up being a factor down the line. We need to start seeing some promise from someone other than Edelman with some youth still in him.

Amendola to the Pats could be a serious possibility.

Thanks.

Isn't Salas a slot receiver as well? He's a big version of Welker and Edelman, right? Good quickness, good hands, not much downfield speed?

Thanks.

Isn't Salas a slot receiver as well? He's a big version of Welker and Edelman, right? Good quickness, good hands, not much downfield speed?

That's about right in my opinion. Hasn't got immense speed but his tape from college looks very impressive. He's got much better size and bulk to him than Welker and Edelman which, if he can flourish in our system, will make us better outside the numbers. I don't like how much we use Welker andEdelman outside of the numbers...before Lloyd I think it really limited our play calling ability...and I think it still does to an extent.

Rams fans had mostly positive things to say...has the versatility to move around.

Steven Jackson will be 30 next year. He wont be back b/c the Rams won't pay him. He may be close to done anyway. Lots of miles on those tires.

Amendola would look great in a Pats uniform.

Very possbile that Edelman and WW are not with the team next year.

Salas seems like a good prospect. Needs more time in the system. Has a shot to be a 4th/5th WR in the system.

Last edited:
yes, but only if the player agrees...hence w/ a bigger salary more incentive for said player to stay on said team w/ PS (side note: any team can take them so long as they put them on the active roster AND players agrees)
That makes sense. Thanks.

I don't see anyway we could pry Amendola from Bradford's clutches.

Those two are developing the kind of Peyton/Harrison, Brady/Branch/Welker bonds that are vital to QB development.

Rams don't have a lot of cap space. Although they have freed up JAcksons 2013 money

Yeah, we want to keep him on the PS but this raise does not mean anything for projection. Did we not do the same with Markell and then cut him this offseason?
I think this is rather to definitely prevent the Jets from signing him

I think paying these guys extra is as much if not more about keeping talent for this year on the PS to practice against and for emergency as it is for developing for the future.

Salas was being moved to the outside this year for the Rams in camp, I think last year he was in the slot because Amendola was out. Edelman is an outside receiver for us, I don't think he has been i the slot much or at all.

27K a week...what i would give for that...lol

One of my sons works less than thirty hours a week and makes 4.3 million a month. That works out to be 51.6 million a year. The only negative is that he's being paid in won, which is about 1000 to 1 in dollars. :)

Thanks for that, just lol'ed. I know we joke about it, but man it's gonna be a real bummer if we see him catching balls in a different uniform.

I don't think he's going anywhere. It's one thing to give a me/me type player the boot over a few dollars, but it's quite another to kick out a dedicated foot soldier like Welker. I really think both sides want him to stay and will work things out in the end.

FA end of the year, as is Jackson and a few defensive players and with only 1 franchise tag, do they let Jackson or Amendola hit free agency? That's if they can't get either locked up before then, of course.

The Rams have already stated that Jackson is going to free agency and they won't use the tag on him.

The Pats TRIPLED his salary!! This move definitely doesn't make sense unless someone made him an offer. I think he let the Pats know that he had an offer to join a pro roster, and they decided to match the money so long as he would stay on their practice squad. Also I think this is a sign that we like him a lot. He's probably Branch/Welker insurance for next year in case Branch retires or Welker walks in free agency.

The Pats TRIPLED his salary!! This move definitely doesn't make sense unless someone made him an offer. I think he let the Pats know that he had an offer to join a pro roster, and they decided to match the money so long as he would stay on their practice squad. Also I think this is a sign that we like him a lot. He's probably Branch/Welker insurance for next year in case Branch retires or Welker walks in free agency.

It seems quite likely, but just remember that "tripled" basically means "brought it up to what he would be getting if he were on the 53-man roster" (he's a second-year player, so he should be making $455K).

He's probably Branch/Welker insurance for next year in case Branch retires or Welker walks in free agency.
Hopefully they bring him up, play him, and find out if he's capable or not ..... this year!

I wonder if Amendola being out for six weeks caused the Rams to contact Salas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call