PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumors - NE interested in Allen Robinson

The agholor and Bourne deals are looking good rn
I don’t know about 21 for CB
Gardner stingley will be gone
Booth likely as well
I wouldn’t touch other CB with the 21 pick
I think the FA will show a trade down is more likely
I think Booth might be there, what are your thoughts on Mc Duffie?

Yes, both wr deals now looking good from last year.

Are they not meeting WR in other years ? I think this might be normal, I can’t imagine BB looks at WR when he looks at the current CB situation

The media made it seem it's abnormal for them to meet with so many receivers unless they are targeting one

Some scouts are rating Elam higher than Booth so we really don't even know the pecking order for a team like the Patriots. I only know that if Booth is gone at 21, that means someone else dropped because he is being picked later in all the mocks. I'm seeing several 2nd round options at CB too in case a great player drops to the Patriots in round 1. More options in round 2 are Jalen Pitre, Kyler Gordon, Roger McCreary, Daxton Hill.

Some scouts are rating Elam higher than Booth so we really don't even know the pecking order for a team like the Patriots. I only know that if Booth is gone at 21, that means someone else dropped because he is being picked later in all the mocks. I'm seeing several 2nd round options at CB too in case a great player drops to the Patriots in round 1. More options in round 2 are Jalen Pitre, Kyler Gordon, Roger McCreary, Daxton Hill.
Good stuff upstater, thanks!!

Yeah, I've been hearing Elam is rising, but thought into the 2nd round.

When all is said and I believe you'll see 5 CB taken RD. Sauce, Stingley, Elam, Booth & McDuffie. I'd be a little surprised if any slip into RD2 but we'll see. I love all three and don't see a ton of separation between them.

Good day Cousins.
Hated to see D.J. Chalk go to the Lions but there is another rumor. Second year WR Laviska Shenault might be available for trade. He was slot receiver about 30% of the time. He also ran the wildcat and is 6'1" 227 lbs. He is a play maker but was just not on the same page as Trevor Lawrence.Typical BB pick up. Change of scenery guy. The Jags just spent a ton on receivers. His contract is cheap. Maybe this is fertile ground for a Harry trade? Our surplus TE Asiasi? Or a even a pick.? We can afford him. He's young. He was Drafted #44 two years ago. "Shenault’s twitch, vision and speed make him an ideal chess piece, able to move around based on best matchups and mismatches." He reminds me of what BB did with Corardell Patterson a few years ago.

We have CAP problems. Trades might be the way to go like the Mack Wilson trade.

Look at the talent sampling.

Speaking of the Jags , why isn't BB on the phone to SIGN the cut OLB Myles Jack? Young. Fast. Fell out of favor. Another change of scenery kid.

O.K. Draft a CB, but Patrick Petersen even at going to be 32 was decent last year. A veteran stop gap. He had a very goos year with the Vikings. He should be reasonable but his on field smarts will be an advantage. 4.31 speed might be less but not too much. Reasonable cost?. coverage grade of 65.0 and a run defense grade of 65.5.

Rodney Harrison was 30 when picked up by the Pats. BB likes talented experienced guys and just resigned 33 year old McCourty.

I would like to get Gilmore backs (same age) but have we burned that bridge? He'll be more $ than PP.

My last request to build our LB core is Leighton Vander Esch. Coverage ability and side to side game. Injuries have been his problem, not his on field success. Still fast and young.

Thoughts?

DW Toys

Good day Cousins.
Hated to see D.J. Chalk go to the Lions but there is another rumor. Second year WR Laviska Shenault might be available for trade. He was slot receiver about 30% of the time. He also ran the wildcat and is 6'1" 227 lbs. He is a play maker but was just not on the same page as Trevor Lawrence.Typical BB pick up. Change of scenery guy. The Jags just spent a ton on receivers. His contract is cheap. Maybe this is fertile ground for a Harry trade? Our surplus TE Asiasi? Or a even a pick.? We can afford him. He's young. He was Drafted #44 two years ago. "Shenault’s twitch, vision and speed make him an ideal chess piece, able to move around based on best matchups and mismatches." He reminds me of what BB did with Corardell Patterson a few years ago.

We have CAP problems. Trades might be the way to go like the Mack Wilson trade.

Look at the talent sampling.

Speaking of the Jags , why isn't BB on the phone to SIGN the cut OLB Myles Jack? Young. Fast. Fell out of favor. Another change of scenery kid.

O.K. Draft a CB, but Patrick Petersen even at going to be 32 was decent last year. A veteran stop gap. He had a very goos year with the Vikings. He should be reasonable but his on field smarts will be an advantage. 4.31 speed might be less but not too much. Reasonable cost?. coverage grade of 65.0 and a run defense grade of 65.5.

Rodney Harrison was 30 when picked up by the Pats. BB likes talented experienced guys and just resigned 33 year old McCourty.

I would like to get Gilmore backs (same age) but have we burned that bridge? He'll be more $ than PP.

My last request to build our LB core is Leighton Vander Esch. Coverage ability and side to side game. Injuries have been his problem, not his on field success. Still fast and young.

Thoughts?

DW Toys

I was driving the Viska train a few years ago, big fan. One of the more physical players I've evaluated recently. He's an absolute bull but obviously has been stuck in Jacksonville. I'd be surprised to see them trade him but I'd do it in a second for Harry, if we could.

And Henry looks like an absolute steal, and watching TEs I never heard of getting $8/per, I'm not close to calling the Jonnu signing bad right now - year 2 needs to be better. But like I've been saying, those two guys will be middle of the pack in pricing as the rookies come off their deals. TE $$$ is climbing fast.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back