PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumored UDFA Signings for the Pats:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about Andrews, but most of Gurley's highlight reel that I saw showed him running through gaping interior holes.

Yeah I posted the same thing, unless there's more I don't know about I don't know how you'd gauge him as an RB when he goes 7 yards without getting touched everytime.

What are the chances he becomes a better WR than Julian Edelman???
Almost 0%, because he has nowhere near the speed or quickness of Edelman, totally different physical type. Maybe he can turn himself into a possession receiver like Anquan Boldin, but not likely.

One observation on udfas is that the Patriots need a road map of Massachusetts. They
don't seem to know where Amherst, MA, Cambridge, MA, and Chestnut Hill, MA are
located.

One observation on udfas is that the Patriots need a road map of Massachusetts. They
don't seem to know where Amherst, MA, Cambridge, MA, and Chestnut Hill, MA are
located.

Now what are you complaining about?

Well, UMass is in Amherst, so maybe that the Pats don't have any UMass players on the roster. Me personally, I have an even greater investment in seeing the Pats sign UMass players because my mom went there and I'm from the area, but c'mon. They aren't exactly a pipeline of NFL talent, Victor Cruz notwithstanding.

The 2015 class of udfas was somewhat short of overwhelming. With $80,000 in bonus money and
only 5 open spots, I expected a little better. If we're only looking for roster stuffers, give the local kids a chance.

The 2015 class of udfas was somewhat short of overwhelming. With $80,000 in bonus money and
only 5 open spots, I expected a little better. If we're only looking for roster stuffers, give the local kids a chance.

Why would they do that when the south churns out better athletes?

What is your expectation? If one of the 5 makes the team, its a rousing success. Any of the 5 could.

That's quite a broad statement your throwing out there as far as "athletes". Do you mean football players?

We're in a football forum with the discussion being football, aren't we? You should take a trip down to Belle Glade sometime. High school football players down there chase rabbits through fields for farmers for a few bucks. When they catch the rabbits, they either break their necks move them out of the fields. These are kids that aren't even in their primes yet... with the speed and agility to catch rabbits. That's why the SEC has been the powerhouse that it has over the last 10 years or so. It's why coaches like Urban Meyer still recruit from states like Florida and not Mass. Florida, Texas, and California all put out the cream of the crop when it comes to football.

People complain about the Jordan Richard pick, but I would be really upset if the Patriots had a Top 10 choice and end up with a RB with bad knees .

You would have a point if the Patriots didn't regularly pull off at least one UDFA success story per season. They're not just throwing crap against the wall here, their system actually works. Why restrict them to one state just for ****s and giggles?

We're in a football forum with the discussion being football, aren't we? You should take a trip down to Belle Glade sometime. High school football players down there chase rabbits through fields for farmers for a few bucks. When they catch the rabbits, they either break their necks move them out of the fields. These are kids that aren't even in their primes yet... with the speed and agility to catch rabbits. That's why the SEC has been the powerhouse that it has over the last 10 years or so. It's why coaches like Urban Meyer still recruit from states like Florida and not Mass. Florida, Texas, and California all put out the cream of the crop when it comes to football.

I tried being honest in asking you a simple question because you used the term "athletes" as opposed to football players in a football forum. Thanks for being a smarmy "know-it-all" even though your statement was phrased in a way that the reader would assume that athletes meant anyone participating in an athletic endeavor regardless of this being a football forum or a tiddleywinks forum. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I tried being honest in asking you a simple question because you used the term "athletes" as opposed to football players in a football forum. Thanks for being a smarmy "know-it-all" even though your statement was phrased in a way that the reader would assume that athletes meant anyone participating in an athletic endeavor regardless of this being a football forum or a tiddleywinks forum. Have a nice day.

Well, I assumed that since we were talking about football in a football forum, that would be common sense. I guess not.

You would have a point if the Patriots didn't regularly pull off at least one UDFA success story per season. They're not just throwing crap against the wall here, their system actually works. Why restrict them to one state just for ****s and giggles?
Each year 256 players are drafted and hundreds more are udfas. The five udfas the Patriots have allegedly
signed so far were rated by CBS Draft Scout as follows 328th, 420th, 457th, 552th, and (not among their
top 1000 players). With $80,000 bonus money and only 5 open spots, I thought the Pats could do a little
better than this. If you're not willing to aggressively pursue the top udfas, give the locals a shot.

Well, I assumed that since we were talking about football in a football forum, that would be common sense. I guess not.
Fair enough. Much in the same way that I thought it would be common sense to refer to the term "football players" on a "football forum". I guess not.

@MikeReiss
Contract note: Cal WR Chris Harper, an undrafted free agent signing with Patriots, receives $20,000 guaranteed ($15,000 in signing bonus).

@MikeReiss
Contract note: Michigan QB-turned-WR Devin Gardner, undrafted free agent signing w/ Patriots, gets $15,000 guaranteed ($5k in signing bonus)

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 4m4 minutes ago
Patriots Add Vanderbilt Defensive Tackle Vince Taylor As Undrafted Free Agent: http://nesn.com/?p=472446

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737728/vince-taylor
VINCE TAYLOR, DT
SCHOOL: VANDERBILT | CONFERENCE: SEC
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: HATTIESBURG, MS
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-1 / 304 LBS.

Taylor turned heads at Vanderbilt's Pro Day with 36 repetitions of 225 pounds, which would have led all defensive linemen tested this year at the Combine. He's a two-year starting interior defensive linemen with experience playing defensive tackle in the 4-3 and nose guard in the 3-4.

Taylor lacks great size but his weight room strength shows up on tape as he's tough to move off his spot. Better yet, he shows surprisingly light feet and is a fiery competitor who pursues to the edges.

Taylor only has phone-booth quickness, however and isn't much of a pass rush threat. He did improve throughout his collegiate career and has the stout frame and effort to surprise if given an opportunity.

--Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW
Taylor led Vanderbilt's interior defensive linemen with 43 tackles, including three tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks in 2014.

Vanderbilt’s Vince Taylor signed as an undrafted free agent with the Patriots, the defensive tackle texted The Tennessean. Taylor is a 6-foot-1, 304-pound nose tackle who ran a 5.40-second 40-yard dash and bench pressed 36 reps of 225 pounds at his pro day in March. His 34.5-inch vertical leap, 9-feet broad jump, 4.58-second short shuttle and 7.46-second 3-cone drill are extremely impressive for a player his size. He started 22 games for the Commodores and recorded 87 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6.5 tackles for loss, three fumble recoveries and two passes defended in four seasons.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/05/patriots-ad...-tackle-vince-taylor-as-undrafted-free-agent/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference