PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: via Twitter... Matt Forte to Patriots talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All over twitter right now. Incarcerated bob getting his info out. patriots offered a 2nd and 4th for Matt Forte and bears looking for one more pick. Take it for what its worth...A rumor.

Edited thread title. Old title left burning sensation after leaving bathroom haha.

Last edited:
Re: RUMOR: Twitter burning up with Matt Forte to Patriots talk..

This thread meant something until you mentioned incarcerated bob.

It doesn't make sense.

They let a dependable back go that they could have had for 3 years/9 million.

And now they're going to send multiple picks to the Bears for a RB who absolutely will not be happy with less than 15-20m guaranteed?

And when they have two early round picks on cheap contracts waiting in the wings?

I'm calling bull****.

Bob is actually right a lot of the time I'd say the chance that this happens went from 0% to 30%. Stuff can change last minute, Chicago could just offer him a deal and he accepts than Bob looks like an idiot (which he probably is).

That said I'd love to have him, makes more sense than wallace and would prolong Bradys career (Assuming we actually run the ball). In a weird way it helps the defense too because our drives theoretically will last longer and it supposedly costs a 2nd not a 1st, so more draft resources to fix the D.

He jumped on it too, just saying when theres smoke there may be fire....

....or an old dude smoking a pipe. Its worth a conversation of what Forte would bring to this team.

Incarcerated bob? Nothing to see here, gentlemen.

Well it's not like we can't afford him at the moment, and it's pretty obvious that our approach for this season is to make our offense as unstoppable as possible because the defense would take too much to fix.

Forte is also one of the best pass catching RB's in the league. I'm not convinced this is likely to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me, it makes sense.

Bob is right about 10% of the time. Which means that if I started a twitter account, I would be right about the same amount of time. And I have no inside sources whatsoever.

I hope I am wrong and the Pats are trading for him because he is a stud who runs behind a crappy o-line and still makes plays, but I am not holding out much hope. Assuming he is 100% recovered, the Pats' offense will be sick this year.

The only thing that makes this rumor seem potentially true is that they have cleared a lot of cap space in the past week.

The only thing that makes this rumor seem potentially true is that they have cleared a lot of cap space in the past week.

I'm honestly surprised there haven't been more rumors.

One problem I see with this is what do we do with Vereen and Ridley.. seems like a complete waste of resources last year. Maybe we flip one of them over to the Bears? They'll need a young back to start in front of or back up Bush.

why would they trade him?

Bob is right about 10% of the time. Which means that if I started a twitter account, I would be right about the same amount of time. And I have no inside sources whatsoever.

I actually saw an article that gave him a 29% success rating, which is still ridiculously bad :eek:

This would be the perfect move if you ask me. Forte is a force that can carry a team like Sproles . This is the piece of the puzzle NE is missing on offense. This should be heavily pursued, even if it cost draft picks. He's a sure thing in my book.

Last edited:

I actually saw an article that gave him a 29% success rating, which is still ridiculously bad :eek:

Um....it is? The guy breaks news dayyyyyysssss before others. 30% isnt to shabby

why would they trade him?

He could be threatening to hold out, his backup just got a "long term" deal that he wanted himself. He isn't happy about Bush being there and Chicago might think it is less volatile to ship him off.

Here's Bob's full news story from his site which I reluctantly link to just to protect Ian from any copyright infringement. I wholeheartedly discourage you from clicking the link:

NE Patriots & Chicago Bears have been discussing a blockbuster deal that would land Forte in New England (Pats offering 2ndRd & 4thRd pick) #IBN sources are saying that this deal has picked up major steam the past 48Hours and something could pop at anytime.. Source is stating, Pats view Forte as the last piece to a major offensive juggernaut, only thing that may stop this deal from happening is the Bears insisting on another high pick this year or next year. My source states this will be worked out sooner or later and we could very well see Forte running for Brady & the "Hoodie" soon...

$ GAMBLERS FINAL WORD $: INCARCERATED BOB'S PICKS -N- RUMORS..

So he gives himself a lot of wiggle room to say the deal fell apart because the Pats refused to give up anything else.

Ok, I would need to start 2.9 Twitter accounts then. :D

Meh

Don't watch a ton of the Bears games. Is he really the missing piece of an "offensive juggernaut" ?

Um....it is? The guy breaks news dayyyyyysssss before others. 30% isnt to shabby

Unless we're talking about baseball or winning the lottery, I think 30% is always bad.

Perfect fit. Please please please please please happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore