PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor that BB is leaving at the end of the season

Looking at the qbs mocked in that late 1st 2nd round we’re talking guys like Penix, Nix, Ewers.

I’m leaning towards the Harrison and one of these 3 qbs next over Caleb/Maye and hoping we don’t draft the next Harry/Chad Jackson/Dobson/Thornton in r2.

Kinda like Bo Nix and feel he’s much improved since his Auburn days.
Nix had a another nice game knowing his age he could probably play from Day 1.

Both the Franchise and Bill needs a reset.
Unfortunately true.

BB is burnt out. He needs to take a sabbatical and return to the NFL if he chooses. I see him taking the Giants job.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Looking at how relaxed he is on this trip makes me think he knows this is his last rodeo before retirement and so does Kraft…
Doubt he is retiring. If anything he will be traded to the team he wants to go to. I have been calling this one for a little while now, if it goes how I expect Bill will step away from the team for personal reasons soon.

Looking at the qbs mocked in that late 1st 2nd round we’re talking guys like Penix, Nix, Ewers.

I’m leaning towards the Harrison and one of these 3 qbs next over Caleb/Maye and hoping we don’t draft the next Harry/Chad Jackson/Dobson/Thornton in r2.

Kinda like Bo Nix and feel he’s much improved since his Auburn days.
I saw bo nix and wasn't super impressed. Maybe a late second round or 3rd round but nothing before that .

I don't think firing him now expedites that process.
Kraft is working on it anyway. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear how he feels about the direction things have gone since he picked Bill over Tom. It has to be one of the very few mistakes that guy has made.

And speaking of mistakes, Bob's investment in Draft Kings seems to be working out just fine. No mistake there.

Doubt he is retiring. If anything he will be traded to the team he wants to go to. I have been calling this one for a little while now, if it goes how I expect Bill will step away from the team for personal reasons soon.
We'll all be ready...

I've been looking at the exits of other great coaches and one thing is certain to me - he will not go out like Tom Landry. He will not be fired. He'll resign before that. I don't think Kraft wants to do that either.

Bill is doubling down on how he still loves every aspect of coaching/team building so unless he has a change of heart it seems to me he wants to continue coaching in 2024.

This puts Kraft in an interesting position who is very conscientious of his posterity and current fan base perception.

I don't think Bob will treat Bill as an asset and trade him but rather akin to how he handled Tom in relinquishing control over him after the 2019 season. He felt Tom earned the right to be treated as such. I think he'll do the same thing with Bill.

My belief is together they'll find some flowery, respectful language which basically will be they had a great run but things get stale and both need a change.

For Kraft, this scenario is justified as the team hasn't been winning and makes Bill a free agent to pursue his own interests unencumbered.

Last edited:
Kraft is working on it anyway. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear how he feels about the direction things have gone since he picked Bill over Tom. It has to be one of the very few mistakes that guy has made.

And speaking of mistakes, Bob's investment in Draft Kings seems to be working out just fine. No mistake there.
Exactly. I firmly believe the wheels are in motion.

What we don't know is will Bob follow whatever succession plan already in place or trash it and go in a totally different direction

I don't think Bob will treat Bill as an asset and trade him but rather akin to how he handled Tom in relinquishing control over him after the 2019 season.
What are you talking about here?

I see Kraft allowing BB to leave afterall all that he has accomplished. Just like Brady.

BB has worked tirelessly for Kraft and deserves to call his own shots.

What are you talking about here?
My understanding is Bill is under contract for 2024. If Bob wants Bill gone he won't put him in purgatory and control him but rather let him walk and go wherever he wants without compensation

Exactly. I firmly believe the wheels are in motion.

What we don't know is will Bob follow whatever succession plan already in place or trash it and go in a totally different direction
BK probably will go offense HC.

KC Reid, SF Shanahan, LAR McDermott, MIA McDaniel's, PHI SiriannI. The winning trend today is HC with a deep offensive background.

• Ha Ha
I see Kraft allowing BB to leave afterall all that he has accomplished. Just like Brady.

BB has worked tirelessly for Kraft and deserves to call his own shots.
Not as hard as zappy worked this offseason. He worked harder than Corky. He is taking Corky’s job by week 5. Just watch you’ll see I’m right.

Not as hard as zappy worked this offseason. He worked harder than Corky. He is taking Corky’s job by week 5. Just watch you’ll see I’m right.
Assclown

Why are you being all triggered and denying zappy smurf’s greatness? I thought you were a zappy fan. He really worked harder than Corky and it’s paying off now. Zappy boy is taking over Corky’s job for good by week 5. Just watch.

BK probably will go offense HC.

KC Reid, SF Shanahan, LAR McDermott, MIA McDaniel's, PHI SiriannI. The winning trend today is HC with a deep offensive background.
Then he'll keep BOB and that's the concern. Kraft might think the structure/philosophy of what they have is fine but a different voice is needed. I'm not so sure.

I've been looking at the exits of other great coaches and one thing is certain to me - he will not go out like Tom Landry. He will not be fired. He'll resign before that. I don't think Kraft wants to do that either.

Bill is doubling down on how he still loves every aspect of coaching/team building so unless he has a change of heart it seems to me he wants to continue coaching in 2024.

This puts Kraft in an interesting position who is very conscientious of his posterity and current fan base perception.

I don't think Bob will treat Bill as an asset and trade him but rather akin to how he handled Tom in relinquishing control over him after the 2019 season. He felt Tom earned the right to be treated as such. I think he'll do the same thing with Bill.

My belief is together they'll find some flowery, respectful language which basically will be they had a great run but things get stale and both need a change.

For Kraft, this scenario is justified as the team hasn't been winning and makes Bill a free agent to pursue his own interests unencumbered.
I was not trying to say Kraft would control Bill's departure, like I said he would trade Bill where he wants to go. What I mean to say there is that he would let Bill pick his destination and then Kraft would work out some kind of compensation with the acquiring team after the fact. This is typically how it's done for coach swaps anyway.

On one hand I don't think Kraft will try to demand a 1st from another team for Bill in order to make it easier, but on the other hand Bill may tell his new team to make sure to send a 1st because he won't want himself looking bad only costing a 3rd rounder or something when Sean Payton went for multiple 1sts to Denver just this season.

• Interesting
My understanding is Bill is under contract for 2024. If Bob wants Bill gone he won't put him in purgatory and control him but rather let him walk and go wherever he wants without compensation
I meant the relinquishing control of Tom thing.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back