PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Patriots tried to trade for Aaron Rodgers

Wonder what the offer was? Too bad, would have been a decent move for Belichick to close out his career as a contender. Not surprised Rodgers turned it down, although he might have thought twice about it if he knew we were going after Hopkins.

Phew. Sure dodged a bullet there. I ****ing hate that clown!
Retweet x 10. Loser.

How many times have we needed to listen to ‘experts’ talk about the most talented QB in the league. The guy blows every chance he gets to win a SB in spectacular fashion.

One SB title that was driven primarily by his D. Talking about D, AR is about the biggest one in sports.

I could've swore there were rumors about this before as well. Not hard to believe, both ways. Us wanting him and him turning us down.

Extra fuel for Big Mac.

Not sure about that one but it makes sense. Rodgers said many times it's the Jets or retirement. Seems clear cut to me.

When a guy of that talent is available, you have to inquire, especially when your situation at QB is not set in stones.

That being said, I am glad he did not come... **** Aaron Rodgers.

I really don’t give a rats ass at this point.

But, but, but Mac made the probowl in 2021.

Hey, take that sarcasm back.

4th alternate to the Pro Bowl is kinda, sorta impressive. Consider this... If three teams ahead of us last year opted out of the playoffs, we would have been a 5 seed Wildcard!

You guys know the rules.
Milana-Vayntrub-22nd-Annual-Elton-John-AIDS-Foundation-Academy-Awards.jpg

I would guess he refused (if the rumor is true) as nothing he could ever do in NE would ever come close to TB12 and playing second fiddle to anyone is not a place AR would care for. His rep has nothing to lose and everything to gain in NY.

But, but, but Mac made the probowl in 2021.
Very simple, AR looked at the offense.. obviously before FA.. jets have Wilson and Lazard on the outside..

Wonder what the offer was? Too bad, would have been a decent move for Belichick to close out his career as a contender. Not surprised Rodgers turned it down, although he might have thought twice about it if he knew we were going after Hopkins.
There was no offer. This story is complete bs.

I would guess he refused (if the rumor is true) as nothing he could ever do in NE would ever come close to TB12 and playing second fiddle to anyone is not a place AR would care for. His rep has nothing to lose and everything to gain in NY.
Add in the fact that there is no way in hell he would’ve been able to make demands of personnel. It would’ve been horrible after the honeymoon phase.

Very simple, AR looked at the offense.. obviously before FA.. jets have Wilson and Lazard on the outside..

I'm pretty sure they signed Lazard after it was clear behind the scenes that Rodgers was going to be traded there.

I'm pretty sure they signed Lazard after it was clear behind the scenes that Rodgers was going to be traded there.
Oh most definitely we all knew it was a done deal from the start! AR he'll of a QB.. but I believe the team did thier due diligence and decided its best to stay the course with Mac...

I’m not opposed to upgrading Mac but…not who I would choose .

May as well see what Mac really is this season then go from there.

I’m not opposed to upgrading Mac but…not who I would choose .

May as well see what Mac really is this season then go from there.
I've always said upgrade AROUND Mac like eagles did with hurts... I'm all set on Roger's. We know he can play he showed that his rookie season.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back