PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roy Williams is a Dirty SOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL literally created the horsecollar rule because of Roy Williams to prevent him from doing his patented horsecollar tackle - and the guy continues to do it regularly anyway. If he tries that crap on Moss (or any other Pats player but Moss is the one I am most worried about), I hope someone takes him out big time.

HA! A Pats* fan calling someone dirty! Now that's funny! Sorry, had to get that out. Have a good one.:)

Not to defend the legality of the tackle, but in a field position game it makes a lot of sense. It stones the runner's foreward momentum and drops them backwards. This as opposed to wrapping the ball carrier's legs up from behind where they fall foreward and gain another two yards. That's often the difference between the punt team hitting the field or four fresh downs to work with. Horsecollar tackles are legal at the collegiate level because the level of athleticism is much different.
I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see college catch up to the NFL regardng this rule sooner or later. NCAA football is essentially the NFL's minor leagues. Heck, they even (finally) moved the kickoff back to the 30 in college.

HA! A Pats* fan calling someone dirty! Now that's funny! Sorry, had to get that out. Have a good one.:)
HA! An Indy fan with nothing intelligent to say! Now that's ridiculously common! Sorry, had to get that out.

What's just amazing is the desperation of other teams' fans that shows up as perpetuating lies with absolutely zero evidence.

Enjoy borrowing the Lombardi trophy for a while, cause the only way you'll get to keep it is if the Pats are once again decimated by the flu when we play you.

Yeh!,
Those dirty Pats fans..........."Someone break Fluties legs!!!!!"

"Oh, and by the way Commissioner, I want to change the rules of the game so my poor Colts can win one. Can we go with..... nobody is allowed to touch any receiver with the first name of.........say Marvin and Reggie? And if you don't agree, I will show you divine images of our coach, wait a minute, I think I have a prayer card here somewhere,....who is the first person to never sin in over 2,000 years and he will be the first to tell you that. Then you also will feel so sorry for this poor coach like all the loving and fair sportsmedia of the world, that he will not smite ye!!!
Plus, more importantly Commissioner, he has never, ever worn a "hoodie", let alone with the sleeves cut off! Oh...done deal? Great!"

So there!
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back