PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosey Colvin: What will be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he was playing his best ball as a Pat (IMO ) certainly complicates the matter.

Colvin is only worth $1.5M to play for us in 2008. I strongly disagree. He has no reason to restructure unless we offer a competitive deal. Absent that, the decision is whether he is worth $5.5M of new money to play in 2008. You would take your marbles home and start Woods?

I don't think he would be as effective in a base 4-3. But, he needs to reduce his cap hit to $4mil in order for it to work here.

I don't think there can possibly be any doubt that we need a healthy Rosey Colvin to become a dominating defense.

He is one very important piece of the puzzle - OLB supreme! Hopefully they can rework his contract to everyones satisfaction. He seems pretty happy to be here based on what I have seen. He knows the system and has flourished in it.

Show me a healty Colvin / Thomas / Vrabel / player X & Y (some new bodies), along with another year from Seau & Bruschi and then something from young players (Woods, Alexander, Lua) and finally a new rookie or two and I will feel pretty good about our LB corp.

I hope he stays here, we lose something on D when his out. If he did leave then Thomas IMO has to play outside. He's simply looks better there.

IMO Colvin is one of the 2 or 3 most important players on this defense (I'd rank, in order if importance- Wilfork, Colvin, Harrison, Seymour personally). Without Colvin the Pats can't generate a pass rush, and, while the offense can usually overcome that, and sound fundamentals from the rest of the D can usually minimize that weakness, the Giants showed that it is exploitable.

Colvin is only worth $1.5M to play for us in 2008.:confused: I strongly disagree. He has no reason to restructure unless we offer a competitive deal. Absent that, the decision is whether he is worth $5.5M of new money to play in 2008. You would take your marbles home and start Woods?

He is worth a cap hit of about $4mil instead of $7.6mil. How they get there is none of my concern.

I don't think there can possibly be any doubt that we need a healthy Rosey Colvin to become a dominating defense.

He is one very important piece of the puzzle - OLB supreme! Hopefully they can rework his contract to everyones satisfaction. He seems pretty happy to be here based on what I have seen. He knows the system and has flourished in it.

Show me a healty Colvin / Thomas / Vrabel / player X & Y (some new bodies), along with another year from Seau & Bruschi and then something from young players (Woods, Alexander, Lua) and finally a new rookie or two and I will feel pretty good about our LB corp.

I totally agree with this post. You need Colvin, badly, and he is worth every penny. Who knows how long Vrable/Bruschi/Seau are going to be around for... Colvin at 30 is a comparative spring chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes