Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who's making satisfactory progress (or better)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Butler be a step over Edelman?...albeit only by 2 votes but Edelman should be a runaway here.

You can certainly say when a guy's doing well (so far), but I wouldn't say that anyone's fallen behind just yet. It's way too early to make a call on Orhnbeger or Brace- we don't know why they're not playing, and we don't know what the plans for them are. It's not a big deal if a rookie doesn't contribute anything in his first year, especially when he doesn't play at a position of need (Hoyer, Ohrnberger, Brace).

In the few snaps Brace played against the Jets, what position was he playing? NT, 3-4 DE, or DT?

Here are my grades...with an explanation

57. Sebastian Vollmer - B+ He's right on track. Still learning, yet good enough to see time with the first team. A great future ahead.

I agree with the grade and have no complaints with Vollmer, but just as a reminder: he's behind Matt Light's pace. Light was a rookie starter. (Had less talent to beat out, I know.)

When measuring a draft there are some positions that are intrinsically better but harder to find. Its simply because these positions are very difficult to fill in Free Agency.

They are QB, LOT, CB and DL. The Pats appear to have succeeded at all four positions, astoundingly.

Now Hoyer is not a Brady today, but he reminds me of a rookie Brady. Before Tom worked his arse off building himself up physically from the scrawny runt he was. Hoyer just seems to have the things between the ears to play QB that Brady did, and so many hotshots like JaMarcus Russell simply do not. Part of it is P-O-I-S-E. Some have it, others don't.
Brady and Hoyer do.

The Pats drafted a mammoth, unheralded, LOT because Scar said "Do It!", after he worked with him for a week. And we appear to have found another ten year player, at a most difficult position to fill.

Starting CBs are tough to find. For every 1 drafted high, 1 in 4 succeeeds. Butler has the look.

Starting DLs are TOP Ten picks in the Draft. BB found at least two in Pryor and Brace, (and maybe another reserve too in Richard). And all are from Big Time football schools and Conferences.

Then add a starting Safety, a LS, WR or maybe two, a possible ILB, C, and RG. And signed a young starting CB and S in Free Agency to boot

As Casey Stngel used to say: Amazin'. Simply Amazin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back