PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rolling Stone Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool that a "major" magazine picked it up but it sucks its rs....after all they glorified radical Muslim terrorism with their tsarnaev homage... F them
While I condemn their UVA story, I had no problem with the Tsarnev coverage. I saw it as an illustration of how a nice college kid can become a terrorist, which is indeed what happened.

While I condemn their UVA story, I had no problem with the Tsarnev coverage. I saw it as an illustration of how a nice college kid can become a terrorist, which is indeed what happened.
It was the rock star/Jim Morrison cover I took issue with.

Every lie told by the NFL gets defeated faster and faster. You'd think people would realize that whatever comes from them (or their ventriloquist dummy aka ESPN) should be pondered before being accepted as true.

quote-it-s-said-that-power-corrupts-but-actually-it-s-more-true-that-power-attracts-the-corruptible-the-david-brin-213295.jpg

See but I didn't follow bountygate that close, I think I'm the type of fan that the NFL has in their back pocket: I love the Pats to death but don't care about the rest of the league, so when I saw anything about bountygate I didn't look beyond the headlines. It took until just recently for me to realize the issues with that investigation, and it was only because the Pats are being similarly railroaded here.

And I think that's the problem: the NFL knows most fans only care their favorite team, if it's not happening to them then they read the headlines. Whether or not this gains real steam will depend on the national media hitting Goodell hard, and that only happened once so far: when we had a tape of Ray Rice hitting his girlfriend inside an elevator. There's no elevator tape here, obviously. Maybe these e-mails gain some traction, but I think the ONLY thing that would get all this out in the open is a suit by Kraft against the league. Small, miniscule chance of that happening but we can hope.

I definitely got played too. At first, I took the headlines at face value. Once the patently false rumors started getting leaked, I got suspicious. Once the defamation lawsuits started flying, I started thinking that Goodell was likely just ****ing up again. And once Tagliabue overturned everything, it became clear to me that Goodell was full of **** as usual and the Saints had been the victim of a witch hunt.

I can only hope that the Patriots will get the same ultimate vindication that the Saints got, although it's worth noting that that victory didn't do much for the Saints in the court of public opinion.

Agreed, their UVA coverage was so aggressively bad that I've refused to read anything Rolling Stones-related since. Until now, anyway.

and the Saints had been the victim of a witch hunt.

Goodell acts like a total buffoon, but you have to admit he's really mastered the art of hunting witches. Even pieces of **** can learn, I guess. Perhaps Goodell is Bono's long lost brother?

Joe Kerr The Indefatigable has ALWAYS hated Roger Goodell...probably going back to before he was even born. I know , I know..."not AGAIN, Joker.."...it's a minor compulsion of mine, I could control it if I really wanted to....BUT...like Frank White says..." I feel no remorse...BAM!"

3eb06fdb7caa92519ccbbb3164dec388.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back